New games for 2018

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
LordLaret

Re: New games for 2018

Post by LordLaret »

Talked a few more folks into buying Fallout 76 pre-order, so now got a few other friends to game with.

In Switch News, bought Octopath Traveller for the Switch since it's been awhile andi t's my one treat. Will report on it later. 8 different charatcers and 8 different stories.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Highly HIGHLY recommend Detroit: become human.

Fucking epic story, one of the most engrossing games story wise Ive ever played
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Got F1 2017 the other day, 10.99 I think it was, good value.

Really does bring the total F1 experience home to you. Looks amazing, sounds amazing, and you spend most of your time driving around on your own after youve done all your overtaking on lap 1 and the cars space out because they cant travel near each other because the dirty air they create, so its exactly true to life.

Total realism, although pretty fucking boring. Like F1.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Got NIOH for my PS4 the other day, all DLC and main game for £20. Not a bad value. Very much like Dark Souls but set in Japan with Samurai and crazy shit.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah, I was thinking about that today, but I decided on the witcher, and fucking hell, is that fantastic.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that today, but I decided on the witcher, and fucking hell, is that fantastic.

I got that last Christmas and haven't touched it for some odd reason. Plus will get back into Monster Hutner World this Monday with a few friends!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

You should definitely play it man, I fucking love it, this is easily one of my favourite games of all time already. Its like what Skyrim should have been if they hadnt made it light blue and fucking shit.
Build Back More Betterer

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I’ve completed witcher 3. It took me months but really enjoyed it. Probably the best game I’ve ever played. I played nier automata next which I highly recommend. I’m playing shadow of the colossus at the mo. A great game .
Man U and rangers

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I remember shadow of the colossus from the ps2, even before it got remastered it looked amazing.

Always felt a bit of a dick killing the colossuses though, it's not as though they ever really wanted to fight you, you just picked on them and stabbed them in the head.
Build Back More Betterer

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Eaststand wrote:I remember shadow of the colossus from the ps2, even before it got remastered it looked amazing.

Always felt a bit of a dick killing the colossuses though, it's not as though they ever really wanted to fight you, you just picked on them and stabbed them in the head.

I had a ps2 but never played the first time . I was too busy playing Tony hawk amd gta3. Those were the days .
Man U and rangers

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Haven't played it yet, but have it. Looks right up my boulevard. Will probably save it untill winter and get stoned off my bollocks. 'Lake Ridden'. It's a bit like 'Myst' if you remember that.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

tried to play bloodbourne again.

Cant fucking do it. Its WAY too hard.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Currently attempting a Level 1 Run of Skyrim Enhanced Edition. A One Eyed Imperial Nord who won't level up past Level 1!

subsub

Post by subsub »

LordLaret wrote:Currently attempting a Level 1 Run of Skyrim Enhanced Edition. A One Eyed Imperial Nord who won't level up past Level 1!

I got Skyrim for the PS3 but never stuck at it.
One lad at work played it for months and months - not sure I should get stuck into a game like that…
WOKE AND PROUD

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

LordLaret wrote:Oddly, I been playing Minecraft on my Switch. I forgot how awesome it is just to build away in an open world game with no stories or such to worry about.

The first time I played Minecraft, I realised, after hours of playing it that I was mimicking the development of civilisation, going from a hunter gatherer right at the start, then an iron age, then a Roman style age ( built lots of straight roads) then a Norman style age when I built a huge motte and bailey castle by mining out a small hill, then I hit the industrial revolution when I discovered how to easily craft charcoal to power lots more furnaces and torches which also opened up the ability to build huge lighted tunnel networks.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."