What are you playing?

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Suhari

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Suhari »

kevin04 wrote:I've now got the Northern Ireland gig as well.

Our Nations League group is - Belgium and Germany. So that'll be four losses.

Set up friendlies against Canada, Iceland, and hopefully a couple of diddies to get my win rate back up :)

Still got the Ballymena gig too. A new board, who have pumped in some money but still can't afford anyone of note. Got Paul Paton on a free, Levi Ives - a promising NI U21 - along with a couple of culchies from Sligo and Donegal.

We've just beaten Partizani of Albania (4-2 at The Showgrounds and 0-1 away in Albania) and in to the Europa League group stages for the second year in a row.

We won the quadruple. Lost the Irish Cup final to Larne! Gutted.

Pre-season was a wee tour to the homeland - playing Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, Arbroath, Bonnyrigg Rose and Hurlford.

Group stage draw coming up. We're ranked 4th so, if we can get a point, it'll be a success campaign.

I miss FM.

Haven't played since about '10.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Never thought I'd get into RPGs, but this is most enjoyable. Plus it's helping me stay off the sauce. Not a drink in two weeks.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Set up a few glamour friendlies for the Province : Belize (h) - were meant to play Nicaragua (but they are playing Mexico) ; Australia (h) ; Iceland (h) and Tajikstan and Bhutan are coming for a visit in the summer of 2021 to Windsor.

Played well against Belgium, and big Lafferty had made it 2-2 (before VAR - yes, the big games have it) knocked it off, we lost 1-3. Second game was away to Germany, and held out for a stinking performance and almost ran off with the spoils until Jamal Lewis brought down Thomas Muller in the 89th min and they slotted it home, to win 1-0.

Belgium (a) we were 3-1 at one point, but ended up being pulled back to 3-3, we then scored in the 87th minute before Thorgen Hazard scored late to deny us a huge win, it ended 4-4, and big Shay McCartan scored a double.

Belize friendly, we won 6-0 and got some of the momentum and team spirit up. Paul Smyth, McCartan x3, Norwood, and someone else scoring the goals.

I've written to the IFA to request our anthem be changed to something more connected to the north/Northern (of) Ireland too.

WC qualifier draw coming up in December , and probably going to end up bottom of the Nations League group we are in ; so sit tight fans.

Ballymena doing fine. In to the QFs of the League Cup ; top of the table with a 2pt lead - although from 1st to 6th is 5pts between us all ; Europa League - played 4/lost 4, and still looking for that first share of the spoils there.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

carcinogen wrote:Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Never thought I'd get into RPGs, but this is most enjoyable. Plus it's helping me stay off the sauce. Not a drink in two weeks.

Love this!

Played through it twice. Plus the various expansion packs. Utterly brilliant.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We won the league. A lot closer than I'd hoped, e.g 3pts clear of Cliftonville ; and sealed the treble with a 5-3 thrilling win against relegated-Dungannon Swifts in the Irish Cup final.

As NI boss, we were drawn along with Poland, Norway, NORTHERN IRELAND, Hungary, Luxembourg and San Marino. Played three qualifiers and won three. Started with an impressive 4-0 win in Luxembourg followed up by a magnificent 2-1 home win over Poland. 1-0 down at half-time, a few changes and big 33 year old Kyle Lafferty slots in a 87th minute winner. And possibly the result of qualifying so far, a 0-3 win over Hungary. A perfect start, although its quite tight - NI 9pts ; Poland 6, Norway 6, Hungary 4.

Next up is Norway in Oslo then those summer glamour friendlies against Bhutan and Tajikistan. And our first two qualifiers in September are Luxembourg and San Marino at Windsor (I'm working on getting that renamed for NI games as The Cross-Community ArenA). Hopefully, we'll be in Qatar and hopefully the toast of Bas and Rossco.

And soon it'll be pre-season, European qualifiers with Ballymena too.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Battlefield V.

Loving multilayer.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Finished all the missions on Red Dead 2.
Fucking epic game, just oozes class.

Going to get 100%, which will take quite a bit of time :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We lost 3-1 in Oslo to Norway. They were the better side, but grabbed a goal in the 76th minute to pull it back to 2-1 then pushed on and brought both Magennis and Grigg on to try and nick a point. Our first loss of the campaign. Next two games are Luxembourg and San Marino at home in September.

Poland 9
Norway 9
Northern Ireland 9
Hungary 7
Luxembourg 0
San Marino 0

Ended the year with the glamour friendlies agaisnt Tajikstan and Bhutan. Beat the Tajiks 3-1 and Bhutan 7-1 - played the second half with my defenders playing in midfield, it was 6-0 at halftime.

Played our first Champions League Qualifier against Flora Tallinn. We were 2-0 down at half-time (at home) before pulling it back in the second half to 2-2. We won 1-0 in Estonia and now face Sheriff of Moldova/Transnistria and the winners meet Celtic! So laddies will ken whats at stake and a potential glamour tie.

Back to Alba for pre-season inbetween the Europa run - lost 4-1 to Dundee; 3-0 to Portadown ; followed by Rob Roy, Montrose, Raith and Annan before the boat back across the water.

We've got a Nigerian wonderlad coming through. Plus Garry Farrell, the Northern Irish Rooney, 17 and banging gilfs (sorry goals) along with a Greek-Cypriot-Cockney called Stellios who's about to get a call up to the Cypriot team.

Hopefully another wee run in the Europa Group stages like the last two seasons. Although played 12 lost 12 doesn't look great. Tony Kane has signed an extension and turning in to a a wee maestro for us in midfield. Paul Paton, fellow Jock in the middle strolling around too. Hoping Simon, Ciaran, Garry or Jonny will get the goals for us! We need a prolific goal-scorer.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:Finished all the missions on Red Dead 2.

It's too fucking easy. Fuck sake.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:

Carc, have a drink. You don't seem happy :(
WOKE AND PROUD

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

carcinogen wrote:

Course it is.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kevin04 wrote:We lost 3-1 in Oslo to Norway. They were the better side, but grabbed a goal in the 76th minute to pull it back to 2-1 then pushed on and brought both Magennis and Grigg on to try and nick a point. Our first loss of the campaign. Next two games are Luxembourg and San Marino at home in September.

Poland 9
Norway 9
Northern Ireland 9
Hungary 7
Luxembourg 0
San Marino 0

Ended the year with the glamour friendlies agaisnt Tajikstan and Bhutan. Beat the Tajiks 3-1 and Bhutan 7-1 - played the second half with my defenders playing in midfield, it was 6-0 at halftime.

Played our first Champions League Qualifier against Flora Tallinn. We were 2-0 down at half-time (at home) before pulling it back in the second half to 2-2. We won 1-0 in Estonia and now face Sheriff of Moldova/Transnistria and the winners meet Celtic! So laddies will ken whats at stake and a potential glamour tie.

Back to Alba for pre-season inbetween the Europa run - lost 4-1 to Dundee; 3-0 to Portadown ; followed by Rob Roy, Montrose, Raith and Annan before the boat back across the water.

We've got a Nigerian wonderlad coming through. Plus Garry Farrell, the Northern Irish Rooney, 17 and banging gilfs (sorry goals) along with a Greek-Cypriot-Cockney called Stellios who's about to get a call up to the Cypriot team.

Hopefully another wee run in the Europa Group stages like the last two seasons. Although played 12 lost 12 doesn't look great. Tony Kane has signed an extension and turning in to a a wee maestro for us in midfield. Paul Paton, fellow Jock in the middle strolling around too. Hoping Simon, Ciaran, Garry or Jonny will get the goals for us! We need a prolific goal-scorer.
I've never really seen the appeal of football management games. Wouldn't you rather play Fifa or pro evo?
Man U and rangers

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

theleader82 wrote:
kevin04 wrote:We lost 3-1 in Oslo to Norway. They were the better side, but grabbed a goal in the 76th minute to pull it back to 2-1 then pushed on and brought both Magennis and Grigg on to try and nick a point. Our first loss of the campaign. Next two games are Luxembourg and San Marino at home in September.

Poland 9
Norway 9
Northern Ireland 9
Hungary 7
Luxembourg 0
San Marino 0

I've never really seen the appeal of football management games. Wouldn't you rather play Fifa or pro evo?

I ken what you are saying, Leado ; and especially with Steam - You have now played 48 hrs etc really does make you think about life choices, but it does kill some time at work and home.

And back on with the show.

NORTHERN IRELAND have qualified for Qatar! We somehow won the group. We won 2-0 in Warsaw (with some luck) won a penalty and one of their lads is hooked for it - score the penalty, and they're down to ten men. Sat back in the second half and then grabbed a vital second about 75 minutes and that was it.

We beat Norway 1-0 at home, although they were probably the better side going by the stats and the 'highlights' of the game. Also by beating Norway, we then gave the Poles second spot. Group ended up :

NORTHERN IRELAND 27 PTS (Played 10 - Won 9 - Lost 1)
POLAND 21 PTS
NORWAY 21 PTS
HUNGARY 12 PTS
LUXEMBOURG 4 PTS
SAN MARINO 1PT

And in the draw for Qatar - which will be held between November and December :

The Group of Mad Bastards!

Italy
Northern Ireland
D.R. Congo
Venezuela

Decided to mix the squad with experience of Cathcart, Evans, Lafferty, Carson, Norwood, Boyle, Magennis along with young talent like Farrell, Jordan Thompson, Rory Hale (NI U21s, then Eire and back to us cha ching!), Shayne Lavery, Daniel Ballard and more more names probably little know of.

Ballymena :

Finally gained a point in the EL. We've been in the group stages for three years in a row and our record sits at - Played 17 Won 0 Drawn 1 Lost 16, our most recent group was Man Utd, Genk and Vitese Arnhem - a home tie against Vitese and hopefully a win! We're toiling a bit in the league and already been binned oot of the League Cup, we're sitting 4th and 9pts off top (mostly drawning too many games). It's coming up to the festive run in and the table is something along the lines of :

Crusaders 46 pts
Glentoran 39 pts
Coleraine 38 pts
BALLYMENA 37 pts

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

WE WON THE LEAGUE.

We were trailing Crusaders all season, since October! We beat them 3-0 away after the Top Six split and with 3 games to go, we were 1pt behind. Crusaders then drew 2-2 with Coleraine, and we beat Carrick Rangers 2-0 to put us league leaders by a point with the last games to go. We beat Colearine 3-1 and they lost to Glentoran, so we ended up champions by 4pts.

The Nations League (drawn in League B with Switzerland and Turkey) will be played mostly in June and August thanks to the World Cup in November.

Played 3 games in a week - Fri ; Mon ; Fri - home to Turkey which we won 3-1 - a double from McCartan plus Jonny Evans on his 114th cap scored his (I think 5th goal) ; Switzerland away followed and a plucky 1-0 loss, we stank the place out really but knew we'd feel the gas there and lost 1-0 ; away to Turkey where we tried a different formation and almost came away with a point but lost 1-0. So the group is tied up really (Turkey have played all their games and -5 GD), so unless we lose 4/5 -0 at home to the Swiss then we'll come second, Turkey will be relegated to C and the Swiss back up to A. Kosovo have invited us to open their new stadium in August.

And it's already pre-season/European cup qualifying with Ballymena. We've been drawn against IFK Göteborg - who are strong favourites. Pre-season friendlies are mostly against Scottish teams plus Tony Kane's testimonial, the dream opponents of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Signings - a lad called Freeman from Plymouth and Sebastian Des Pres - an American who was playing in England. No retirements, although Tony Kane is now U18s coach/player. Gary Farrell signed for QPR last season for 140k and we loaned him back for the season - he scored 44 goals for us in 61 matches, and has 5 caps 5 goals for Northern Ireland. We'll miss him, but have another lad Gareth McDowell coming through - 20 games 11 goals last year along with Mark McCabe, Ciaran O'Connor, Jordan Jenkins and Jonny McMurray so hopefully that will be enough for the season.

Dundalk offered me their job, but rubbered it. I want another crack at the Europa League and a 5th title on the bounce.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I was thinking about getting a wrestling game. I’ve not had one since I had a ps2. Are they still pretty good?
Man U and rangers