ffmpeg.exe

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
VeritasVincit

ffmpeg.exe

Post by VeritasVincit »

I keep getting a box popping up telling me that;
"ffmpeg.exe has stopped working"
there is an option to get windows to find a solution, or to cancel it. Neither stop it; it comes up again a number of times.

Any ideas of how I can get rid of it. I am not well versed in computer work.

carcinogen

Re: ffmpeg.exe

Post by carcinogen »

VeritasVincit wrote:"ffmpeg.exe has stopped working" Any ideas of how I can get rid of it. I am not well versed in computer work.
Find something blunt and heavy, a cricket bat or lump hammer will do. Raise the blunt heavy object above your head and smash it on the computer. That will solve your problem. Or, you could look here:
http://microsoftlivesupport.org/ffmpeg- ... gTlCb-bt3Q
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

carcinogen wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:"ffmpeg.exe has stopped working" Any ideas of how I can get rid of it. I am not well versed in computer work.
Find something blunt and heavy, a cricket bat or lump hammer will do. Raise the blunt heavy object above your head and smash it on the computer. That will solve your problem. Or, you could look here:
http://microsoftlivesupport.org/ffmpeg- ... gTlCb-bt3Q
Thanks.
I'll give it a try.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Zambo wrote:Bit about it here

http://www.file.net/process/ffmpeg.exe.html
Thanks

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

fmpeg is a command line tool used to process and convert video and audio files.
Although it's command line many programs relating to video and audio use ffmpeg 'behind the scenes' so you normally might not even be aware it's there.

Are you doing any sort of processing with video or audio files when the "stopped working"message appears, because if you aren't I'd be quite concerned if it just appeared randomly.
I really am a biatch

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

No. It only pops up when I reading on-line newspapers and occasionally this forum.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

VeritasVincit wrote:No. It only pops up when I reading on-line newspapers and occasionally this forum.
The forum definitely has nothing to do with it, I doubt online newspapers would. I know when looking at old archive newspapers they sometimes use adobe acrobat, but I don't think they'd use ffmpeg unless a site is using some obscure codec, except a newspaper site wouldn't rely on someone having a program like that to function, since many people won't have it.

I'd guess it's either something related to a program you were using earlier, but part of it has been left open. But if you know you've not been using a program related to video/audio/codecs then it's likely to be something you have installed which preloads on bootup.
Some programs preload on bootup so they're hanging around wasting resources on the offchance you might need to use them. If you're confident in using task manager & msconfig you could probably track it down.
I really am a biatch

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

It's very likely Putin
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

A belated thank you for suggestions.
I tried some of them and the problem disappeared. I don't know which remedy worked but one did.

birdie

Post by birdie »

VeritasVincit wrote:A belated thank you for suggestions.
I tried some of them and the problem disappeared. I don't know which remedy worked but one did.

Hope it wasn't the hammer suggestion :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it