Old iPhone 5 wont take a charge anymore.Is it fucked or can it be repaired....cheaply?

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Old iPhone 5 wont take a charge anymore.Is it fucked or can it be repaired....cheaply?

Post by Basualdo »

No charger in the house will work, not even a good one.
There is a place in Ards that will replace a battery on an iphone but i think it may be the connection socket.
I've cleaned the socket as per youtube vids but that doesnt seem to be the problem, unless theres a connector fucked in there, which is possible with my less than delicate touch.
Anyone else had similar problems? I was hoping it is the battery but I dont want to go all the way by bus to the repair place if its utterly buggered.

It means that I cant escape the fucking tragic radio shit playing in work. It makes the working day completely unbearable. :(
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Re: Old iPhone 5 wont take a charge anymore.Is it fucked or can it be repaired....cheaply?

Post by Eaststand »

have you tried doing a hard reset? not charging is one the problems this cures.

Hold the home button and power button at the same time while its powered off for 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears.
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Old iPhone 5 wont take a charge anymore.Is it fucked or can it be repaired....cheaply?

Post by Basualdo »

Just tried that. All that comes up intermittently is the dead battery and insert charger graphic.
Proud Gammon

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

buy a new cable from poundland just to check that next i guess
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Yeah that will be the first thing, I suppose. There are 5 iphones chargers in the house. Four of them are pretty much old and dogshit and the other good one is my wife's and she hid it to keep it away from me and my daughter and then forgot where she hid it, the useless bitch.
Proud Gammon

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

:lol: Ive noticed as well, if you buy none apple charge cables they only charge one way sometimes, so sometimes you have to turn the over and try again if it doesnt work.

Unfortunately, if that doesnt work, you're gonna need a new phone. The repair for fixing that part is more expensive than the phone is worth
Build Back More Betterer

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Basualdo wrote:No charger in the house will work, not even a good one.
There is a place in Ards that will replace a battery on an iphone but i think it may be the connection socket.
I've cleaned the socket as per youtube vids but that doesnt seem to be the problem, unless theres a connector fucked in there, which is possible with my less than delicate touch.
Anyone else had similar problems? I was hoping it is the battery but I dont want to go all the way by bus to the repair place if its utterly buggered.

It means that I cant escape the fucking tragic radio shit playing in work. It makes the working day completely unbearable. :(

Is it a white iPhone?
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:

Is it a white iPhone?

Of course not! Its as black as a priest's sock, as black as his heart. As you very well know white iphones are only for girls, limp wristed nancy boys and graphic designers.(tautology alert!)

You will apathetic to learn that this afternoon my poor old iphone went through anemergency operation at the phone hospital and came out sucessfully with a new arse. One that, like Lawnsy's, can happily take a long charge.
Proud Gammon

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

You should have binned it whilst it was still in the box.

What do you expect if you buy Apple - longevity??! :wink:
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

black_guardian wrote:

=D> Every fucker I know who has an Apple phone has had a broken screen and sometimes many. Of my many Samsungs over the years, only had one screen break and the poor fella did fall about 10 feet.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:
black_guardian wrote:

=D> Every fucker I know who has an Apple phone has had a broken screen and sometimes many. Of my many Samsungs over the years, only had one screen break and the poor fella did fall about 10 feet.

I'm on my sixth Apple phone and not once had a screen that's cracked nor fallen in the toilet. Haven't understood someone having an expensive smartphone and not having a protective leather or rubber case.