New games for 2018

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
beingsoblase

Re: New games for 2018

Post by beingsoblase »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Lego Incredibles anyone ? Breaking boxes and collecting little studs is the gaming equivalent of a squeezing ball for stress.

I do enjoy those Lego games, in the first star wars Lego game at one point there was a pot like thing that kept gobbing out showers of silver and gold pieces, so i stood my character in front of it, then left the PlayStation on for 24 hours. I made thousands doing that!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

beingsoblase wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Lego Incredibles anyone ? Breaking boxes and collecting little studs is the gaming equivalent of a squeezing ball for stress.

I do enjoy those Lego games, in the first star wars Lego game at one point there was a pot like thing that kept gobbing out showers of silver and gold pieces, so i stood my character in front of it, then left the PlayStation on for 24 hours. I made thousands doing that!

Yeah, they are great games - beautifully made.
WOKE AND PROUD

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Oddly, I been playing Minecraft on my Switch. I forgot how awesome it is just to build away in an open world game with no stories or such to worry about.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Got horizon zero dawn today, my god is that a beautiful game. completely meaningless name, interesting premise
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Picked up MGS: V for £7 on the PSN store and enjoying it again oddly. Just finished the Dark Souls Remastered, so onto that game.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I got bloodborne the other week. So fucking hard. Ive given up for fear of destroying my tv and controller.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:I got bloodborne the other week. So fucking hard. Ive given up for fear of destroying my tv and controller.

Did you get it for free? Sony was offering it for free awhile back I believe.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:I got bloodborne the other week. So fucking hard. Ive given up for fear of destroying my tv and controller.

Heh.
Yep, heard it was beastly difficult. Games like that just fuck me off when they're virtually impossible.
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

LordLaret wrote:

Did you get it for free? Sony was offering it for free awhile back I believe.

No, that was a few months back, but Id let my ps plus membership lapse then because I wasnt playing on it at all at that point. Only 11.99 on the ps store, so not that bad.

If I had faster reflexes, it'd be a great game. But I don't man.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

subsub wrote:

Heh.
Yep, heard it was beastly difficult. Games like that just fuck me off when they're virtually impossible.

Its one of it selling points, weirdly.

I dont really get it, I should be able to turn the difficulty down if Im struggling, because the game looks awesome, its all fucked up victorian horror themes and that, but I can only enjoy 20% of the cool visuals and general creepiness because I can't beat a boss that can kill you in one hit in 10 seconds.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:
subsub wrote:

Heh.

Its one of it selling points, weirdly.

I dont really get it, I should be able to turn the difficulty down if Im struggling, because the game looks awesome, its all fucked up victorian horror themes and that, but I can only enjoy 20% of the cool visuals and general creepiness because I can't beat a boss that can kill you in one hit in 10 seconds.

I felt that way about Dark Souls series but I managed to not give up and keep on going. Something about not wanting a game to beat me drove me on.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

An update. Yesterday (Tuesday) saw the release of Sonic Mania Plus, a tribute to the old school 2D Sonic Platformers like Sonic 1 + 2 + 3. Very much recommended!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Got an HDR TV today, didnt know what that was until today, but its got something inside it that makes whites the whitest they can be and blacks the blackest they can be.

Its like having a new console, the PS4 looks absolutely incredible through it. Even old games like trials fusion look fucking unbelievable.

Technology is amazing.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:Got an HDR TV today, didnt know what that was until today, but its got something inside it that makes whites the whitest they can be and blacks the blackest they can be.

Its like having a new console, the PS4 looks absolutely incredible through it. Even old games like trials fusion look fucking unbelievable.

Technology is amazing.

I got a new television awhile back, going from a small ass television to a massive television is simply amazing!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

LordLaret wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Got an HDR TV today, didnt know what that was until today, but its got something inside it that makes whites the whitest they can be and blacks the blackest they can be.

Technology is amazing.

I got a new television awhile back, going from a small ass television to a massive television is simply amazing!

Its astonishing innit, the room where the playstation is was a 32 inch TV, which I thought was plenty big, never really annoyed me, but now with a 49 inch its just better in every way to play on.
Build Back More Betterer