New games for 2018

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

New games for 2018

Post by theleader82 »

Anything you’re looking forward to in particular ? I just finished firewatch. I’m tempted to get madden or ea nhl. Are nfl games any good? I fancy a change from fifa
Man U and rangers

colinthewarriormonkey

Re: New games for 2018

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Rocket league is amazing.

It's basically playing football but with rocket powered cars.

I don't like football games or driving games, but I bloody love this.

I play with my 8 year old, we can play against each other (he always beats me) or we can join a team together and take on other people from all around the world, the physics in the gameplay are real and some of the levels of skill displayed by other people are amazing. What I like about it is that when you play online it tries hard to match you with people who are roughly the same skill level as you. If you're on your own you can join random people to form a team. Much better than playing something like COD where I get killed within seconds.

You can customise your car and you will often win prizes of new things you can customise your car with, at the moment they are running a feature where you get rewarded with snowflakes after every game and you can "buy" special christmas themed things - my car is currently wearing a wooly jumper.

Costs less than 20 quid, and I'm still playing it months later - an absolute bargain.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Red dead redemption 2
Build Back More Betterer

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Eaststand wrote:Red dead redemption 2

This.
Can't fucking wait!!

GTA6 as well if it ever happens

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Red dead redemption 2

Yes! Can't wait :)
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:Rocket league is amazing.

It's basically playing football but with rocket powered cars.

I don't like football games or driving games, but I bloody love this.

I play with my 8 year old, we can play against each other (he always beats me) or we can join a team together and take on other people from all around the world, the physics in the gameplay are real and some of the levels of skill displayed by other people are amazing. What I like about it is that when you play online it tries hard to match you with people who are roughly the same skill level as you. If you're on your own you can join random people to form a team. Much better than playing something like COD where I get killed within seconds.

You can customise your car and you will often win prizes of new things you can customise your car with, at the moment they are running a feature where you get rewarded with snowflakes after every game and you can "buy" special christmas themed things - my car is currently wearing a wooly jumper.

Costs less than 20 quid, and I'm still playing it months later - an absolute bargain.

Fucking brilliant game - plays so well, and great to fire up for 15 mins if that's all you want. Great value :D
WOKE AND PROUD

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I've got rocket league now on PS4 if anyone fancies a game sometime. I'm not very good but it's great fun
Man U and rangers

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Resident evil seven is fucking amazing, if you want to be fucking terrified.

Awesome game so far.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Resident evil seven is fucking amazing, if you want to be fucking terrified.

Awesome game so far.

That's the one set in hicksville, right?
Saw a clip of someone playing it with a VR headset - fuck that for a game of soldiers... :shock:
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I've never involuntarily shouted in shock and fear at a game until last night, and I'd just started it!

I'm not even playing on vr, I think I'd have a heart attack. I'm only going to play it in short bursts, because it properly draws you in and your heart starts racing.

Don't normally like horror games because they rely on jump scares and being dark, but this is excellently done.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:I've never involuntarily shouted in shock and fear at a game until last night, and I'd just started it!

I'm not even playing on vr, I think I'd have a heart attack. I'm only going to play it in short bursts, because it properly draws you in and your heart starts racing.

Don't normally like horror games because they rely on jump scares and being dark, but this is excellently done.

The one that really freaked me out was Silent Hill 4 (on the PS2, I think).
Was one of the creepiest, most unsettling games I've ever played.
You alternate between your own home and this other world (set in abandoned hospital/children's home etc), and if you do badly on a particular level, when you get back home it becomes haunted with some really creepy effects/music. And often, when you go up to your front door to look out of the spyhole, very often there's someone looking back at you! :shock:
Plus chilling soundtrack of ghostly noises, babies crying etc - scary stuff.
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah silent Hill was creepy as fuck. I remember the first one on the original playstation being the scariest thing I'd ever seen at the time, in spite of the hilariously bad voice acting. That series always managed to set the scene to be creepy to the max.

Interestingly, the signature of the series, the fog, which I think makes outside periods way more unsettling, was only there because the hardware limitations of the PlayStation 1, they just put it in there so buildings didn't just pop up out of nowhere because the machine was so slow at drawing them in game.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Interestingly, the signature of the series, the fog, which I think makes outside periods way more unsettling, was only there because the hardware limitations of the PlayStation 1, they just put it in there so buildings didn't just pop up out of nowhere because the machine was so slow at drawing them in game.

Why Jaws was so successful - they couldn't get the shark to move properly so instead they went for implied threat, which is much scarier...
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Found a new game: dusk. If you liked quake back in the 90s, this harks back to it perfectly. It's fucking ace.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Found a new game: dusk. If you liked quake back in the 90s, this harks back to it perfectly. It's fucking ace.

Is that on PS4? Will take a look if so...
WOKE AND PROUD