I've just found the technology bargain of the century

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Eaststand

I've just found the technology bargain of the century

Post by Eaststand »

So, my faithful Bose Soundlink 2 started having really flaky bluetooth connectivity, which was really annoying because I loved that speaker, but I needed something new, so I was scrolling through amazon, seeing what was cool nowadays, because that speaker has lasted me 2 and a half years, and I came across this: the Taotronics TT-SK06

It caught my eye, because its a very beautiful looking thing, then when i clicked on it, the rave reviews its received suggests a quality product and theres over a thousand of them, so I bought it. For 43 quid!

After receiving it, I can safely say its the best speaker Ive ever owned, the sound quality is easily on a par with the Bose, the loudness is outstanding for something that measures the length of 1.5 five pound notes, fills large rooms with a crisp quality sound that sounds high end. And on top of that, its made of aluminium and lovely to touch.

So, yeah, if you're in the market for a premium bluetooth speaker, cant go much better than this one. And this is coming from someone who wasted hundreds of pounds on Bose stuff, thinking it would be better than the rest.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Eaststand on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build Back More Betterer

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: I've just found the technology bargain of the century

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I'm gonna win one on popmaster. Just need a bonus round option of "songs about wanking"
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I could have done with this thread a fortnight ago, Eastie.

I wanted an inexpensive bluetooth speaker, mainly for taking into the bathroom and listening to podcasts while having a long soak.
I ended up getting a wee Philips BT110 for 30 quid in Sainsburys which I bought on impulse when I was there shopping.

Your one looks a lot better and I might have gone for that. That said you seem to have much more rigourous criteria for sound quality than I do. Mine is just to be loud and clear enough to be heard over running taps. And it performs that task quite admirably.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

yeah, you dont need this for that, to be fair bas. This is my exclusive music speaker, ive got another one for podcasts and such, ive tried listening to talksport through it, and while the speak is crystal clear, bluetooth speakers have none adjustable bass settings so theres a slight rumbling underneath the speech, which is fantastic for music and films, but with just the spoken word, well, I personally find it a bit irritating.
Build Back More Betterer

No longer the Bridesmaid

How long of a soak?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

2 hours or more if I can. Usually just over an hour though.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:I'm gonna win one on popmaster. Just need a bonus round option of "songs about wanking"

Turning Japanese...The Vapors
Orgasm Addict......Buzzcocks
I'm a Wanker......Ivor Biggun
Relax.................Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Well thats ghost-o sorted right out, dont you worry bout that.
Build Back More Betterer

No longer the Bridesmaid

Basualdo wrote:2 hours or more if I can. Usually just over an hour though.

This rings bells

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Consumerism will be the death of you. It's all fucking shit designed to breakdown after 3 years so you have to replace it with a 'new' model just to keep the myth alive that capitalism is a great economic system. Fuck me. I can't believe you fall for this shit.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The End

Post by The End »

carcinogen wrote:Consumerism will be the death of you. It's all fucking shit designed to breakdown after 3 years so you have to replace it with a 'new' model just to keep the myth alive that capitalism is a great economic system. Fuck me. I can't believe you fall for this shit.

He only bought a fucking cheap speaker, you miserable cunt.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

carcinogen wrote:Consumerism will be the death of you. It's all fucking shit designed to breakdown after 3 years so you have to replace it with a 'new' model just to keep the myth alive that capitalism is a great economic system. Fuck me. I can't believe you fall for this shit.

I know, what a cunt I am. I should have just gave away my sofa and sat on the floor and never listened to my music collection ever again after my speaker broke.

I am a twat. Ive got to learn and stop doing things I like and just sit in a sulk, raging against the machine, only making myself miserable because no one else gives a fuck.
Build Back More Betterer

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eaststand wrote:

I know, what a cunt I am. I should have just gave away my sofa and sat on the floor and never listened to my music collection ever again after my speaker broke.

I am twat

It may have been an opportunity for some quiet reflection. I don't think enough people do that these days what with ALL THE FUCKING NOISE.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Or I could get a sweet new speaker and listen to some tunes and make myself happy.
Build Back More Betterer

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eaststand wrote:Or I could get a sweet new speaker and listen to some tunes and make myself happy.

When it gets to the point in life that you need to 'make' yourself feel happy you're in trouble. I'm almost sure it was just a figure of speech so I'll let it ride this time. Enjoy your speaker.