Tablets

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

Tablets

Post by theleader82 »

I've got a very old iPad I've had for years. It only holds 16gb of data. I've got a few apps that use up a lot of data and my capacity was close to full. It runs pretty slowly . I wasn't sure I felt this was because it's a slow processor inside or because it's pcked full of data. Is it worth upgrading and getting one with Sixty four gb data.
Man U and rangers

antdad

Re: Tablets

Post by antdad »

It'll be a combination of those things plus your machines lesser ability to run the latest software if youv'e upgraded over the years. If you need the space you need the space, can't you free up some up by storing on icloud?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Yes. Although if you aren't tied to Apples ecosystem finding a tablet with expandable memory would be a good bet.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Wasn't Apple caught out deliberately slowing down older devices thereby 'encouraging' you to upgrade?

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote:I've got a very old iPad I've had for years. It only holds 16gb of data. I've got a few apps that use up a lot of data and my capacity was close to full. It runs pretty slowly . I wasn't sure I felt this was because it's a slow processor inside or because it's pcked full of data. Is it worth upgrading and getting one with Sixty four gb data.

yes

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Got myself a nice 10.1 in Samsung Galaxy Tab A, just waiting to get a cover for it but it looks very nice and runs pretty good. Just won't use it too much til I get a cover for it.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

buy the alldocubex its the best 10n inch tablet available for the money.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:I've got a very old iPad I've had for years. It only holds 16gb of data. I've got a few apps that use up a lot of data and my capacity was close to full. It runs pretty slowly . I wasn't sure I felt this was because it's a slow processor inside or because it's pcked full of data. Is it worth upgrading and getting one with Sixty four gb data.

Try 128Gb data instead and back up your existing data to the cloud.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Hello data miners and hackers. :smt039
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?