Virus

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Roy Twing

Virus

Post by Roy Twing »

I've had a virus/trojan whatever on my pc for nearly 2 weeks, which has been causing in to run excruciating slowly (particularly loading web pages), and at one stage, generated random pop-ups.
I've been doing various 'headless chicken' firefighting on the pc during that time, running several different anti virus/anti malware programs, and followed innumerable sets of helpful instructions from online 'experts', and as of today, I think the computer is now running at maybe 75% of the speed it was working at a fortnight ago.
Thing is, although early on, the assorted anti virus softwares identified and apparently removed various malicious programs, they never made much, if any, difference to the slowness. It's only really been my following a series of 'expert' websites' instructions regarding cleaning startup programs; task manager; regedit; etc, that has made any difference.
I know there are a few advanced computer users on here, and wonder if they have any thoughts on the problem (which as I've said, is now at least manageable, but not great); I'd also be interested to know exactly what is/has caused the problem (as I've said, various bits of malware were found and supposedly removed; last but definitely not least, - I had set up my pc to enable a 'system reset/reboot' in extreme cases, which this was, but whatever the virus was, it wouldn't allow it to do so, - anyone know a foolproof way to either backup or reset?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roddy

Re: Virus

Post by Roddy »

The source of the viruses may stem from your many vists to https://www.blacked.com/ Roy ? :-k
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Ha,ha Roy,you niver answered it then and now you have you will niver answer it now so i was right. :lol:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

What's the virus called? Lots of virus companies provide removal tools.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

How did you get the virus in the first place? Don't you have anti-virus protection?
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Roddy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:17 pm Ha,ha Roy,you niver answered it then and now you have you will niver answer it now so i was right. :lol:
:lol:
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe