Replacing a Laptop Screen

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
kevin04

Replacing a Laptop Screen

Post by kevin04 »

Anyone ever had one fixed?

I stupidly put my laptop in a big travel bag(Cabin Max) like a big rucksack on Thursday - had a busy day and was going to and from many places on the bike. I bought 4 beers for the election and on my way home for 10pm - the laptop was in a padded case etc - somehow the screen has been damaged, I'm thinking one of the beers smashed into it in the loose bag. Nightmare and so angry with myself.

But anyhoos, how expensive/cheap is it to get a laptop screen replaced? The computer actually works OK - and if I connect to the TV its fine - so its just the screen.

Thanks in advance.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

m4rkb

Re: Replacing a Laptop Screen

Post by m4rkb »

I recently replaced a completely smashed to smithereens phone screen a few weeks back and amazed myself how good a job I did. £15 notes off the net including LCD part and a youtube video online showing how to do it.

Glad It went so well because I dropped the fucking thing again two weeks later and the new screen has now got 5 crack lines in it. :evil:

The good news is the replacement is already here waiting for the old one to completely black out before fitting.

So in short, find a video online for your model, order off ebay or Amazon and have a crack at it yourself. The worst that can happen is you have to take it to someone to do if you balls it up.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Ditto...fixed a couple of laptop and iphone screens with thanks to Youtube and Ebay but if you're not confident use a service...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-Scree ... Sw6rhdVXU3

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Excellent lads, thanks for the advice. I'll have a wee look at those options!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.