Photo hosting sites

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Photo hosting sites

Post by Carlos J »

Imageshack was great till wanting coin :(

Used to use for NFLs and all pictures.
carcinogen wrote:I use: https://postimages.org/ for posting random shit onto forums.
Use postimage for my NFL. No probs.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've just signed to it myself and read the T&Cs. Hopefully not another 'woke' site which deletes and bans you for rightfully taking the piss out of burly blokes pretending to be women. We'll see.

antdad

Post by antdad »

beingsoblase wrote:Just signed up to the one recommended by carc.
Testing testiing

A RAF P-51...not the usual WWII modelmaking favorite, how come?

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

antdad wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:Just signed up to the one recommended by carc.
Testing testiing

A RAF P-51...not the usual WWII modelmaking favorite, how come?

It's an aircraft from a squadron that had been using P 40 tomahawk aircraft until 1944 when they started using Mustangs in Italy.

I do like to build stuff that's a little different, and like to work with these sorts of interesting colour schemes.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

beingsoblase wrote:So I recently found out a hosting site I've been using since about 2009 has totally shut down and all photos on there have been deleted, tinypics, which at the time were owned by photobucket, insisted it was due to not making enough via and revenue, and totally nothing at all to do with the fact they were a competitor to photobucket until the takeover.

The thing is, I was using the site on and off throughout last year, and apparently they stopped any new uploads in August, but didn't put any notice on the site whatsoever, then nuked it in November, all with no advance notice whatsoever on the site
Cunts.

So I have been trying to find another hosting site, but can only find app type ones, which all seem to have shite reviews, or sites that have been stopped on mobile internet ( because you should use our shitty app.....)

Wondering if theres any recommendations for a hosting site that I can still use on my mobile?

Google pics.

My phone automatically uploads everything to them, which was handy when I found that I had a huge gap in my external hard drive that I thought I'd transferred my photos to from my phone, for some reason I remembered that it may have uploaded them to google and there they all were. I can't tell you how relieved I was.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

beingsoblase wrote:So I recently found out a hosting site I've been using since about 2009 has totally shut down and all photos on there have been deleted, tinypics, which at the time were owned by photobucket, insisted it was due to not making enough via and revenue, and totally nothing at all to do with the fact they were a competitor to photobucket until the takeover.

The thing is, I was using the site on and off throughout last year, and apparently they stopped any new uploads in August, but didn't put any notice on the site whatsoever, then nuked it in November, all with no advance notice whatsoever on the site
Cunts.

So I have been trying to find another hosting site, but can only find app type ones, which all seem to have shite reviews, or sites that have been stopped on mobile internet ( because you should use our shitty app.....)

Wondering if theres any recommendations for a hosting site that I can still use on my mobile?

Closest to tinypic is probably tnyimg.io I just use them for one-off images that I might want to post. Anything long term storage just goes on to the One Drive.