Gigs You've Been To

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Gigs You've Been To

Post by Carlos J »

Shedboy wrote:Currently at the Palace Station in Las Vegas waiting for the KC and the Sunshine Band and Village People to start.

Hope it was good, Shedboy? In all your trips to Vegas, have you ever seen 'Big Elvis' at The Piano Bar at Harrah's?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Village People weren't that good but KC and the Sunshine Band were great.

Went to see Big Elvis a few years ago. He's really good but "Big" doesn't do him justice.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Cheers Shedboy, and boo tbe Village People. :(

Hoping to see him in November.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Carlos J wrote:
Shedboy wrote:Currently at the Palace Station in Las Vegas waiting for the KC and the Sunshine Band and Village People to start.

Hope it was good, Shedboy? In all your trips to Vegas, have you ever seen 'Big Elvis' at The Piano Bar at Harrah's?
Shedboy wrote:Village People weren't that good but KC and the Sunshine Band were great.

Went to see Big Elvis a few years ago. He's really good but "Big" doesn't do him justice.

Forgot this. Saw Big Elvis at The Piano Bar back in November. Free to go, just buy your drinks. Watched the 3pm show and stayed for the 5pm as well, different set and audience interaction. Was excellent, a great tribute to the King. And yes, Shedboy, got a lovely picture of us together and about five times as wide as me. Top man. A Carlos 8/10.

So on Saturday went to Cambridge to see 'The Dead South', sorry Henry for not getting in contact. :( Mate is a big fan, played me a few songs and likeable so went along. Not really annoying as after announced tour and booked tickets to Cambridge, they added one in Partridgeland for last Saturday, but a night away is always good.

Were good, tight and crowd loved it. Female banjo string err plucker from videos was not there so a fella instead. Good toe tapping stuff to a crowd of 18 to 80, a few teens starting larking about and got short shrift from other punters. A Carlos 7/10.

But the support act were stunning, never heard of them, 'The Hooten Hallars' from Missouri. Fuck they were good, rocked it and mate and I agreed TDSh would go some to beat them and IMO didn't. Always great to discover new bands. Look at the comments on this video, most saying the same thing, they stole the show over The Dead South:

Whenever I see drummers standing, always reminds me of the legends: 8)

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Wednesday night.

Parliament Funkadelic opening was brilliant. The headline act were disappointing. I love John Frusciante and I had my reservations but an open mind. it’s clear they miss him despite how good a guitarist Klinghoffer is. Short on ideas, feel and a desperately short setlist. Military in precision, a band going through the motions. They shouldn’t have bothered coming all this way to put on a shitshow like that.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

EddieCheddar wrote:Red Hot Chili Peppers- Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Wednesday night.

Parliament Funkadelic opening was brilliant. The headline act were disappointing. I love John Frusciante and I had my reservations but an open mind. it’s clear they miss him despite how good a guitarist Klinghoffer is. Short on ideas, feel and a desperately short setlist. Military in precision, a band going through the motions. They shouldn’t have bothered coming all this way to put on a shitshow like that.

Klinghoffer is talented, but just doesn't have the feel for the RHCP songs that Frusciante does/did. Painfully obvious live.
They should probably knock it on the head now before they become a parody of themselves.

A great band in their pomp.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
EddieCheddar wrote:Red Hot Chili Peppers- Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Wednesday night.

Klinghoffer is talented, but just doesn't have the feel for the RHCP songs that Frusciante does/did. Painfully obvious live.
They should probably knock it on the head now before they become a parody of themselves.

A great band in their pomp.

I went as it was a good twenty years since I last saw them and that night was a fucking party! I was there before that, as well as you, Sid. A bit sad to see really. No more funk, just arrogance and a rip off. Such is my faith, I’m considering going to see them outdoors tomorrow as it might lead to a longer set. The venue is a winery, which probably tells me everything I need to know about their and my age :lol:

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Ouch!

How long did they play for?

Feel they've been going through the motions since BloodSugar
A joyless arsehole.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Two hours. A band with their catologue should be loading the set with belters and going three hours, sadly not. It’s like they’re on autopilot. ‘Suck my kiss’ was played at half tempo...In fairness Australian crowds are shite but still, it wasn’t good.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Massive Attack on Saturday in Bristol.
Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sid Pervcat wrote:Massive Attack on Saturday in Bristol.
Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

8)
Roy IN!!

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

Massive Attack, Mezzanine on hallowed Brizzle soil? I can imagine that’d be like the result you’d get by handing the most sussed music lover a blank piece of paper and pen.....cool as fuck.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

That's class Sid.

8)
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Roddy wrote:
Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

That's class Sid.

8)

Fucking buzzing Rodders.. Really looking forward to it

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I wouldn't pay to see a bunchof posers like the chilli peppers. We've all heard there songs plenty of times on mainstream radio. I'd rather watch the stereophonics
Man U and rangers