Gigs You've Been To

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
antdad

Re: Gigs You've Been To

Post by antdad »

...I just may have to pay tribute to George and the mothership connection one last time, not sure my silver snake-skinned trousers are going to fit though. Thanks for the memories!!

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Do it. Life is short, mate and Carlos still (allegedly) wears and gets away with boot cuts ( ah doo love Carlos, though), just breathe in as most of our demographic has been doing the cheese cutter for years :D

I was just listening to tS but as soon as I heard Jim White’s handover have switched to a P-funk mix 8)

antdad

Post by antdad »

One nation, keep the P-funk alive brother...Amen.

Feck...Ex bitch has coped Maggot Brain on vinyl, reordered. 8)

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I’m going to see sum 41 tonight at de Montfort Hall. Leicester . Looking forward to it. Seems like a nice venue .
Man U and rangers

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Rammstein were incredible. :heart: I'm seeing them live again next year, in the UK and Germany.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Singapore Grand Prix, last weekend.

Fatboy Slim, Lighthouse Family, Texas, on small stages behind the track. Lighthouse Family the surprise highlight, perfect at sunset.

Muse, Gwen Stefani and the Chili Peppers on the ‘main stage’ outside Parliament House. About 70,000 in attendance and a really good set up, great views and excellent security pens.

Muse were decent but have gone very camp and gimmicky. Gwen S was OK and the Chili Peppers were brilliant. No fucking about and played a shortish 1.5 hour set of mostly non hits ( if they can be described as this) including a poignant tribute to Ric Ocasek. Personal highlights were Stevie Wonder’s ‘Higher Ground’ sounding exactly like it did on ‘Mother’s Milk’, ‘Dark Necessities’ and ‘Give it Away’.

I take back my previous review from earlier this year, this is a band far from being finished. Klinghoffer has revitalised them. Flea and Chad solid and Kiedis voice was spot on. He’s even proudly sporting a Dad bod.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

EddieCheddar wrote:Singapore Grand Prix, last weekend.

Fatboy Slim, Lighthouse Family, Texas, on small stages behind the track. Lighthouse Family the surprise highlight, perfect at sunset.

Muse, Gwen Stefani and the Chili Peppers on the ‘main stage’ outside Parliament House. About 70,000 in attendance and a really good set up, great views and excellent security pens.

Muse were decent but have gone very camp and gimmicky. Gwen S was OK and the Chili Peppers were brilliant. No fucking about and played a shortish 1.5 hour set of mostly non hits ( if they can be described as this) including a poignant tribute to Ric Ocasek. Personal highlights were Stevie Wonder’s ‘Higher Ground’ sounding exactly like it did on ‘Mother’s Milk’, ‘Dark Necessities’ and ‘Give it Away’.

I take back my previous review from earlier this year, this is a band far from being finished. Klinghoffer has revitalised them. Flea and Chad solid and Kiedis voice was spot on. He’s even proudly sporting a Dad bod.

I'd rather listen to Lewis capaldi than Texas or the lighthouse family. He's about as cutting edge.
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Carlos J wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Shedboy wrote:Currently at the Palace Station in Las Vegas waiting for the KC and the Sunshine Band and Village People to start.

Hope it was good, Shedboy? In all your trips to Vegas, have you ever seen 'Big Elvis' at The Piano Bar at Harrah's?
Shedboy wrote:Village People weren't that good but KC and the Sunshine Band were great.

Went to see Big Elvis a few years ago. He's really good but "Big" doesn't do him justice.

Forgot this. Saw Big Elvis at The Piano Bar back in November. Free to go, just buy your drinks. Watched the 3pm show and stayed for the 5pm as well, different set and audience interaction. Was excellent, a great tribute to the King. And yes, Shedboy, got a lovely picture of us together and about five times as wide as me. Top man. A Carlos 8/10.

So on Saturday went to Cambridge to see 'The Dead South', sorry Henry for not getting in contact. :( Mate is a big fan, played me a few songs and likeable so went along. Not really annoying as after announced tour and booked tickets to Cambridge, they added one in Partridgeland for last Saturday, but a night away is always good.

Were good, tight and crowd loved it. Female banjo string err plucker from videos was not there so a fella instead. Good toe tapping stuff to a crowd of 18 to 80, a few teens starting larking about and got short shrift from other punters. A Carlos 7/10.

But the support act were stunning, never heard of them, 'The Hooten Hallars' from Missouri. Fuck they were good, rocked it and mate and I agreed TDSh would go some to beat them and IMO didn't. Always great to discover new bands. Look at the comments on this video, most saying the same thing, they stole the show over The Dead South:

Whenever I see drummers standing, always reminds me of the legends: 8)

Bump. Wow, just seen Hooten Hallers are playing in Partridgeland on Sunday for a tenner. :) Far better than 'The Dead South' when saw them as per, in Cambridge. Sunday night nice.

But some fucker has given them a brutal schedule: https://www.thehootenhallers.com/tour

Brum to Norwich to Glasgow to Hull to Newcastle on consecutive nights. Something is queer there as Glasgae is a Monday night so easier to go up coast.

Anyway, off there Sunday, should be great:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

They were brilliant as expected. Proper musicians and care for a great show. Shame about 70 odd there and a lot of over 50s who either trying to be too cool for school or just decripit and stood at the back.

I stand back at gigs, but in a tiny space with a small crowd, stand at the front and the intimacy is better. It ain't hard. And none of the decripit cunts I'd want a drink with, though a couple of nice MILFS/GILFS rocking on their feet.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Noel Gallagher and U2, Sydney Cricket ground.

Little Noel has a big chip on his shoulder and spent half the set arguing with the audience. He was absolutely bollocksed drunk though. Excellent :lol:

U2 were U2. Not much pontification from Bono which was refreshing.

Can’t wait to hear Milton’s view.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I'm wow, Eddie, they shared the same space? Would not care to see U2 and Noel either, but together thought Noel would detest Bono? A right cuntfest.

Must have have been ego-central.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Happy Mondays at UEA. The biennial tour. Previously it had been anniversaries of albums. See my posts per. This time a 'Greateat Hits'.

Bez aged 50+ most excellent Ryder slow and chilled, Rowetts still a stunna. They play the tracks and punters love it. good but not great, A Carlos 7/10.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Chumba wamba in bradi circa 1990 canny remember name of club, was on stage for entire gig

Chumba again at uddersfeeled poly circa 1994 ish

Great gigs

Diamond white, white lightning castaway
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Did Hawkwind's 50th anniversary gig a few weeks back. Seen them fuck knows how many times in various guises and have to admit with regret they were fucking awful.

Sound system was shit, just made for a dance club which does nowt but thump thump thump, no cutting guitar, no spacey synth, and apart from Dave Brock they weren't Hawkwind at all. For a 50th it should have been old favourites only from a massive back catalog but they bunged in a few unknowns.

Sadly very disappointing.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Alice Cooper (supporting act: The Stranglers), October 2019. :D

Rammstein next year, though. 8)

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see