Gigs You've Been To

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
EddieCheddar

Re: Gigs You've Been To

Post by EddieCheddar »

Paul Weller- Sydney Opera House x 2 last weekend.

An ageing audience took the shine off this. Weller seemed genuinely humbled and slightly nervous about playing this venue.

He is the master of reinvention and the set list ranged from the Jam, the Style Council, Wild Wood, Stanley Road, HelioCentric, Saturn’s Patterns and A Kind Revolution.

The back end of the set was loaded with classics and for a miserable bastard he seemed on good form and in a very happy space.

Broken Stones and English Rose were beautiful moments and Steve Cradock, as ever was the perfect foil for when the master needed a rest!!

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

EddieCheddar wrote:Paul Weller- Sydney Opera House x 2 last weekend.

An ageing audience took the shine off this. Weller seemed genuinely humbled and slightly nervous about playing this venue.

He is the master of reinvention and the set list ranged from the Jam, the Style Council, Wild Wood, Stanley Road, HelioCentric, Saturn’s Patterns and A Kind Revolution.

The back end of the set was loaded with classics and for a miserable bastard he seemed on good form and in a very happy space.

Broken Stones and English Rose were beautiful moments and Steve Cradock, as ever was the perfect foil for when the master needed a rest!!

Sounds great, Eddie. I really haven't liked the last 2 or 3 albums - last really good work was 22 Dreams - but good to hear he played a selection from a fantastic backlog.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Singing The Blues wrote:
EddieCheddar wrote:Paul Weller- Sydney Opera House x 2 last weekend.

Sounds great, Eddie. I really haven't liked the last 2 or 3 albums - last really good work was 22 Dreams - but good to hear he played a selection from a fantastic backlog.

Also not a big fan of his recent output Blues but you’ve got to accept it as a given with an artist like Weller. It don’t stand up well but I’d much prefer him getting out and doing what he’s feeling presently than watching a cunt play just the ‘greatest hits’. :wink:

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Beck- Factory theatre, Sydney- Feb 23rd.

500 capacity venue with a tiny stage but had what must’ve been a ten piece band with him. Very humble and fun performance. No Sexx laws, but a good show.

Sydney City Limits ‘Festival’, Centennial Park, Sydney- Feb 24th.

Libertines were excellent but played at 3pm, goes to show how quickly tastes change. Should’ve headlined given the rest of the shite served up throughout a one day ‘festival’. Pete and Carl seem loved up again and importantly, Pete looks healthy. He was wearing a Maradona Argentina shirt, scamp.

Beck played Mid evening and again was good but only got an hour!! French EDM act ‘Justice’ headlined and got 2 hours. They were good for half an hour but as my dance music pals commented, ‘there is no drop’....

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Incubus, March 10th, Hordern Pavilion, Sydney.

As ever, the headliner was entrancing. Brandon Boyd is a throwback to rock stars of old. Im not sure if the men in the audience fancied him more than the women in attendance. I’m a straight bloke but good god, he’s got IT.

Support act was outstanding. Ecca Vandal. Traditional four piece rock band with an interesting twist. Drummer was an animal. Bass player had a mixing deck set up next to his stage position and guitarist had a keyboard to access. The singer was a gorgeous woman with a voice to match the attitude. They had choons and are local Aussie.

NOFX and Prophets of Rage next week. Can’t wait to see NOFX as it’s been 23 years and Rage fronted by Chuck D and BReal is gonna be interesting.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Morrissey, March 9th, Alexandra Palace

Murky sound in the venue, apart from the vocal which is pretty outstanding in all fairness. Kind of comical the band all in tight white t shirts and faded jeans, ol Baz Boorer carrying a large amount of timber for such an outfit but who cares and glad to be there. Crowd atmosphere was fantastic and got to love the fella end of the day for me.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

rorymac wrote:Morrissey, March 9th, Alexandra Palace

Murky sound in the venue, apart from the vocal which is pretty outstanding in all fairness. Kind of comical the band all in tight white t shirts and faded jeans, ol Baz Boorer carrying a large amount of timber for such an outfit but who cares and glad to be there. Crowd atmosphere was fantastic and got to love the fella end of the day for me.

He’s a frustrating type Rory, Last time I saw the man he was belligerent and disrespectful, but the time before he was sweet and loving. Not many like that nowadays. Don’t know which I prefer.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Ice Cube- Sydney Opera House

Nice to see some ruffneck gangsta sheet performed by the Star of Ride Along 1 and 2 to a load of middle class Aussie hedge fund brokers.

Confusing as fuck but he still ‘brings it’

Also went to a press talk with Cube pre-gig and some of his influences are spot on. As Ronnie Irani would put it ‘cor, he speaks well’

caveman

Post by caveman »

Rodger Waters Hyde Park
He does put on a good show for a 72 year old .

caveman

Post by caveman »

Chemical Brothers at Bluedot festival.
Spectacular show... amazing

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

biffy clyro. never heard of them. enjoyed it. sheffield motorpoint arena.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Eric Bibb .. Nell's Jazz and Blues, West Kensington

10/10 for me

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Queens of the Stoneage- Hordern Pavilion. Sydney, tonight.

As you’d expect. An absolute belter. Joshua Homme is a rock star. What a band. Incredibly groovy.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I saw mark Morris from the bluetones last month
Man U and rangers

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Currently at the Palace Station in Las Vegas waiting for the KC and the Sunshine Band and Village People to start.