Gigs You've Been To

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Sid Pervcat

Re: Gigs You've Been To

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote:I wouldn't pay to see a bunchof posers like the chilli peppers. We've all heard there songs plenty of times on mainstream radio. I'd rather watch the stereophonics

Thanks for the input.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I wouldn't pay to see a bunchof posers like the chilli peppers. We've all heard there songs plenty of times on mainstream radio. I'd rather watch the stereophonics

Thanks for the input.

Peak Milton

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Arctic Monkeys tomorrow night followed by an after party with Kylie Minogue at Mardi Gras....Leather jacket teamed with leather chaps and the hope Kylie’s into a working class man

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Seeing Foals at Ally Pally in June, then Rammstein in July. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Reg wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:Massive Attack on Saturday in Bristol.
Mezzanine in full.

Cannot fucking wait. 8)

8)

Should have been brilliant
Was just very, very good!

Venue was a bit Meh! Purpose built in the middle of the old Filton Airfield.. Lacked a certain something...

But hey.. Massive Attack.. Mezzanine.. Bristol!! Absolutely worth 60 quid!

No support, no encores no fucking about! Intense as you'd expect.. And I did do a little sex wee when Teardrop started!! Replete with the usual pricks who refuse to participate in the event and spend the entire night waving their phones in front of your fucking face trying to record it!! Fucking stay at home you cunts!!!!

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Kylie Minogue- Sidney Myer music bowl, Melbourne.

An old school friend and Kylie fanatic flew over from the UK and strongarmed me into attending. I recently made a choice to give things I wouldn’t gravitate toward a try and this also includes supporting my friends a little more. The Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne was an added bonus despite my lack of F1 love or knowledge.

Melbourne is Kylie’s hometown and the venue is smaller than many places she would usually play, meaning less bluster and a more emotional performance (backed by a really tight band)

Hands down, in my top five gigs of all time. An audience of straight, gay, old, young and happy people, with no edge. The straight fraternity like myself stuck out like a sore thumb for the first ten minutes but head nods and toe tapping gave way to a blissful celebration of songs we grew up to and a night of dancing and inclusiveness amongst pink cowboy hats.

She is playing the legends slot at Glastonbury this year and my prediction is a raging success.

This show made me glad to be alive, oh and I’m now in love with Kylie Minogue, what a great bird 10/10.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Chemical Brothers and Hot Chip. At Victoria park on Friday night. Fucking fantastic

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

R1 Weekend , love or hate most of the acts , the fact it is taken to places where people would normally not see The Ora's Cyrus's 1975 among others is to be applauded with subsidised tickets about £20 a day its a lifetime of memories for my grandaughters etc seeing them on doorstep & James Arthur got to play 5 min from where was born. Area came out well & kids loved it .......next weekend in Boro , Take That £95 a ticket says it all , freebies from work so am ok , mature pissed up minge all over hopefully :D :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Northern Troglodite wrote:R1 Weekend , love or hate most of the acts , the fact it is taken to places where people would normally not see The Ora's Cyrus's 1975 among others is to be applauded with subsidised tickets about £20 a day its a lifetime of memories for my grandaughters etc seeing them on doorstep & James Arthur got to play 5 min from where was born. Area came out well & kids loved it .......next weekend in Boro , Take That £95 a ticket says it all , freebies from work so am ok , mature pissed up minge all over hopefully :D :D

Definitely. They're playing Carrow Road this week and quite a few ladies from work going. Last time it was very messy apparently. :drinkers: :drinkers:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Northern Troglodite

Carlos J wrote:
Northern Troglodite wrote:R1 Weekend , love or hate most of the acts , the fact it is taken to places where people would normally not see The Ora's Cyrus's 1975 among others is to be applauded with subsidised tickets about £20 a day its a lifetime of memories for my grandaughters etc seeing them on doorstep & James Arthur got to play 5 min from where was born. Area came out well & kids loved it .......next weekend in Boro , Take That £95 a ticket says it all , freebies from work so am ok , mature pissed up minge all over hopefully :D :D

Definitely. They're playing Carrow Road this week and quite a few ladies from work going. Last time it was very messy apparently. :drinkers: :drinkers:

R1 was good for reasons above ,,,even Hemo crowd behaved :D , went to Sunderland few yr ago for TT ,never seen so much loose flange .........fingers crossed :D :D

Northern Troglodite

lambrini wrote:Seeing Foals at Ally Pally in June, then Rammstein in July. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Never heard of Foals prior to R1 thing ....very impressed ....there again i am old :D

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

R1 was good for reasons above ,,,even Hemo crowd behaved :D , went to Sunderland few yr ago for TT ,never seen so much loose flange .........fingers crossed :D :D

Ha ha. :D Hemlington Hall Infants School and proud. :) One girl from work was flogging a TT ticket, but can't justify the coin even for that much yokel MILF and GILF, plus it means watching Take That. Enjoy though. :P
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Went to see Michael Buble at the O2 Arena in London tonight - it was a present for Mrs S as she's 60 next month.

I always wind her about liking him but he put on a great show and is a very good entertainer.

antdad

Post by antdad »

shabbado wrote:
EddieCheddar wrote:Red Hot Chili Peppers- Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Wednesday night.

Parliament Funkadelic opening was brilliant. The headline act were disappointing. I love John Frusciante and I had my reservations but an open mind. it’s clear they miss him despite how good a guitarist Klinghoffer is. Short on ideas, feel and a desperately short setlist. Military in precision, a band going through the motions. They shouldn’t have bothered coming all this way to put on a shitshow like that.

Ouch!

How long did they play for?

Feel they've been going through the motions since BloodSugar

Yep...showing my age as I saw the mighty Frusciante on the BSSM tour at Brixton Academy in the early 90's, then at Reading Fest two years later after they'd gone stella and every thirteen year old there knew the words to Under the Bridge, haven't really bothered since.

@ EddieCheddar - Is George Clinton still rocking it? Feck me I can and I can't believe it, Maggot Brain is one of my favorites.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

antdad wrote:
shabbado wrote:
EddieCheddar wrote:Red Hot Chili Peppers- Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Wednesday night.

Parliament Funkadelic opening was brilliant. The headline act were disappointing. I love John Frusciante and I had my reservations but an open mind. it’s clear they miss him despite how good a guitarist Klinghoffer is. Short on ideas, feel and a desperately short setlist. Military in precision, a band going through the motions. They shouldn’t have bothered coming all this way to put on a shitshow like that.

Ouch!

How long did they play for?

Feel they've been going through the motions since BloodSugar

Yep...showing my age as I saw the mighty Frusciante on the BSSM tour at Brixton Academy in the early 90's, then at Reading Fest two years later after they'd gone stella and every thirteen year old there knew the words to Under the Bridge, haven't really bothered since.

@ EddieCheddar - Is George Clinton still rocking it? Feck me I can and I can't believe it, Maggot Brain is one of my favorites.

They gave it the ‘full gun’, Ant-o. At one point I counted 17 musicians on stage, which considering the money on offer to them is really cool.

George is definitely slowing up but he’s pushing 80. They showed the Chili Peppers up but as with any support act, played to a quarter full room. I heard that P-Funks headlining show at the smaller Enmore theatre in Sydney was pretty special. I also heard they won’t be returning to Australia as George is retiring so if you have a chance to see them in the UK then take it!