606 Five Live

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
JW90

Re: 606 Five Live

Post by JW90 »

He's gone in the TalkSport direction of happening a viewpoint, never changing it in the face of facts and other opinions before shouting the caller down and cutting them off.

I used to listen to this to get away from that crap and now it's joined this show.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

That too. But Robbie is the master of stating a position that is impossible to counter because there is no conceivable answer. A lot of people do this. It's fucking the lowest of the low. The weakest of the weak. Example: "Wes Morgan didn't make that tackle because he lacked desire". Fuck sake, Wes may have been shattered, he may have been legitimately beaten by a better player, he may have counted on another player to cover ... etc. etc. It's fucking simple. I understand FiveLive needs to cater for the average Joe (no offence Joe) but Robbie is fucking THICK AS SHIT. "Leicester won't win the league", that's the other one from last year I think. Fuck, it's a yes or no answer nobody knew the answer too. How can a fucking programme drain 6 months out of a hypothetical question. The worst thing? Robbie doesn't have the sense to know he is thick as shit and is living a very happy life. Arrrrgh.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Tolerance.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Tolerance.
Fuck off. Tolerance? A camel has tolerance to dehydration, but we have water here, so there is no need for fucking tolerance.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:Geeezus. I caught some of it on Saturday. Robbie Savage is beyond help. I can't even type anymore because it's just pointless.
I caught a bit on Saturdday as well, sadly. A caller, making a good point about Ranieri playing playiers out of position who couldn't do the job, said he would make a ridiculous exaggerated point as an example.

So said it was like playing K Schmeichel at left back and he was shite there. Maybe not the best analogy, but had already stated it was exaggerated to make a point.

Savage was nay having it. "Wass he saying, Schmeichel at left back, wass he saying". Jason 'safe hands' Mohammad, who I assume got it, played dumb to Savage's dumber. Christ it was grim. :arrow:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Carlos J wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Geeezus. I caught some of it on Saturday. Robbie Savage is beyond help. I can't even type anymore because it's just pointless.
I caught a bit on Saturdday as well, sadly. A caller, making a good point about Ranieri playing playiers out of position who couldn't do the job, said he would make a ridiculous exaggerated point as an example.

So said it was like playing K Schmeichel at left back and he was shite there. Maybe not the best analogy, but had already stated it was exaggerated to make a point.

Savage was nay having it. "Wass he saying, Schmeichel at left back, wass he saying". Jason 'safe hands' Mohammad, who I assume got it, played dumb to Savage's dumber. Christ it was grim. :arrow:
Heard the caller & he was superb.....he also dropped in what he was about to do..........with a " It'll prob go over yer head robbie" ........& it did :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

JW90

Post by JW90 »

He also did that bizarre thing that pundits do and compare clubs in terms of decision making as though they are operating in exactly the same way. So he asked if Bournemouth would sack Eddie Howe. How is that relevant to Ranieri's situation?

The Bournemouth owners might have different expectations. They might feel their team is performing better despite losing, that the squad are fully behind the manager, that the manager can change things where Ranieri couldn't.

Why does one club doing it one way mean everyone should do it that way?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Because THE SAV
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Belongs to lovers?
Northern Troglodite wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

Heard the caller & he was superb.....he also dropped in what he was about to do..........with a " It'll prob go over yer head robbie" ........& it did :D
Ha. :) Remember that bit now.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Nuff said about Savage. Fecking Holmes and Morgan as cheerleaders: :roll:

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

As I said: beyond help. Criminal really, because rather than try to raise the bar of intelligent debate, the BBC wants to lower it to Savage levels of banal thickness.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Five Live is an empty vessel. It's actually rubbish. Rhod aside.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zippy wrote:Five Live is an empty vessel. It's actually rubbish. Rhod aside.
And Rhod is happy to have a whole ocean between himself and that Salford clusterfuck too.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

deisegirl wrote:The Mellor era was the golden age compared to the current crop

Jebus, even Littlejohn was better.
I thought both of em were OK to be frank. After all the whole show was about the opinions of the fans phoning in not who presented the programme. Compare and contrast to Call Collymore where 'more you , less me' was nothing more than the opening sentence from the caller which in itself was nothing than lighting the touchpaper for Stan.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Radio fucking Stoke at the moment. Savage complains about their justifiable annoyances at their team being shit and then comes out with crap such as- "I've never been a manager so won't criticise them". WHAT ARE YOU DOING BEING A PUNDIT THEN!? You've never been a fucking goalkeeper but still slaughter those players.

Defending his useless mate every week. How this show has won an award is beyond me and the others in the category that didn't finish above it should be ashamed.