606 Five Live

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
VeritasVincit

Re: 606 Five Live

Post by VeritasVincit »

kancutlawns wrote:Why precisely has a non football person i.e. Rachel Burden been sent to the Russia for the World Cup? She’s a newsreader FFS.

They have to have someone there, so that on-air they can ask; "Describe the atmosphere for us."

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Within 5 minutes of switching on this lunchtime, the 5Live announcer had mentioned the atmosphere in Moscow.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

They sent out a tweet asking why the England fans aren't in Moscow.

Given our first game is 600 miles away in Volvograd, that's probably why.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

VeritasVincit wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Why precisely has a non football person i.e. Rachel Burden been sent to the Russia for the World Cup? She’s a newsreader FFS.

They have to have someone there, so that on-air they can ask; "Describe the atmosphere for us."

She WAS a newsreader but she has been a presenter for a while.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

Don’t really give a stuff what her job title is although the difference means she thinks she has a greater sense of entitlement whilst having almost no more credentials.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Hillman avenger wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

A 'Presenter'? What is that exactly? I present a shit into my toilet. Am I a 'presenter'? I think the term is 'broadcaster'. ie: A person who is just articulate and middle-class enough with a drive that doesn't offended too many people'. ie: A fucking vanilla cunt who can't be arsed to get a real job like; a nurse, or a teacher, or a bus driver. A CUNT.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Spot on carc. It’s not a job.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:Spot on carc. It’s not a job.

That is most broadcasters all-over though isn't it. At least Robbie Savage did something. At least he ran around for a living kicking a ball. At least he thinks he knows what he's talking about. These talking-heads that plague the broadcast media have rotted debate. The thing the fucks me off is that they are so ensconced in their bubble and utterly self-unaware they have no idea how much damage they are doing. If you tried to pull them up on it they would blank you.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

And the cunts have a fully expensed trip to major summer sporting events. Tony fucking Livesey was talking about jollying it up during Wimbledon fortnight. Just close the station down in Summer and send the whole tucking staff, traffic girls et all to the four corners of the globe on our hard earned.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:Tony fucking Livesey

Each time I have the misfortune of hearing this man I feel my brain rotting away. It's as if I recognise the futility of existence. Rachel Burden, like many of them on 5Live: patronising, supercilious, and condescending. I don't really give a fuck as I don't listen, but for the mongs who do, the presenters are taking the fucking piss out of them on a daily basis.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

I really didn't think I'd say this- Robbie Savage's World Cup show in the morning is actually a decent listen. Depends on the guests, clearly, but even Savage has been bearable.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JW90 wrote:I really didn't think I'd say this- Robbie Savage's World Cup show in the morning is actually a decent listen. Depends on the guests, clearly, but even Savage has been bearable.

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Firs thing I heard today was "Harry Redknapp is on the show" so it lasted two days, Bas.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JW90 wrote:Firs thing I heard today was "Harry Redknapp is on the show" so it lasted two days, Bas.

Have you ever met anyone - and I mean in real life, not the footballing media circle jerk - who thinks Redknapp is anything other than a mediocre, crooked cunt of a fraud?

I bet you haven't.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Yesterday we had Robbie Savage followed by an hour's phone in on Love Island'. The tS option of a bored, uninformed, witless pisstank dribbling on wasn't any more appealing.
There's no poem, just prose.