What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kevin04

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Postby kevin04 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 pm

New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Postby carcinogen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am

kevin04 wrote:New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.

Funny as fuck. Although I was thinking to myself, it's all a bit Victor Meldrew in LA. haha. For me, it's the supporting cast. Funkhouser's dry delivery has me pissing me pants even before he speaks haha, oh and Richard Lewis is fucking hillarious ... I loved the one where he calls his new squeeze 'honey' ... as for Leon, tear that asshole Larry, rip it open! ha
“Sport is the big giveaway. Wherever sport plays a big part in people's lives you can be sure they're bored witless and just waiting to break up the furniture.”

― J.G. Ballard, Kingdom Come

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am

carcinogen wrote:
kevin04 wrote:New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.

Funny as fuck. Although I was thinking to myself, it's all a bit Victor Meldrew in LA. haha. For me, it's the supporting cast. Funkhouser's dry delivery has me pissing me pants even before he speaks haha, oh and Richard Lewis is fucking hillarious ... I loved the one where he calls his new squeeze 'honey' ... as for Leon, tear that asshole Larry, rip it open! ha

I like those two the most out of the supporting cast especially Funkhouser with his hoarse throat. ''Richard Lewis : A Life In Pictures'' was superb, Larry ripping in to him.

Ted "Me and Mary are best friends, even more so today now we've split up than when we were together"
LD "That's complete bullshit. 100% bullshit." :lol:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Postby Basualdo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:26 am

I started watching the BBC (and Weinstein produced, I noticed) War and Peace from last year, mainly because it looked really pretty, and God, am I hooked. I might even read the book now. And it does look amazing too.
St. Petersburg looks fucking fantastic too. End-o is lucky to have that place on his doorstep. It suits the present Siberian conditions outside at the minute.
And the Yank actor who plays the main character does a really very good English accent, especially considering hes playing a Russian who speaks French as a first language.
Proud Gammon

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Postby Carlos J » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Zambo wrote:Watching all of the seasons of Homeland. My daughter bought me the box with six seasons in it for Christmas. On he last disc of season five. Season 6 to go and am recording season 7.

Don't know how I missed the tv shows first time round.

I do not know either. This a latter and will move over here, Zambo.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 pm

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:Always on the lookout for good recommendations.

Stuff I've watch so far and enjoyed

Walking Dead
Goliath
Man in the High Castle
Narcos
Breaking Bad
Blacklist

So anything in that sort of Vein that anyone would recommend. I got bored of Homeland and gave up, I also got bored of house of cards after about 2 episodes.

Mad Men (Available on Netflix)
Fargo (Available on Netflix)
The Sopranos
Deadwood
POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Postby Basualdo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Watching the documentary series 'The Keepers' on Netflix.
It's hard not to want to kill after watching it.

Bunch of fucking cunt bastards.
Proud Gammon