What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by ToRmAtO »

Basualdo wrote: I've got Manhunt on my list to watch. Have you tried Mindhunter? That's pretty good, not perfect -we could do without his girlfriend bollocks - but well worth the watch. Also it has this lovely severe, schoolmarm-ish looking lass....

Mind Hunter is good, it did a good job of replicating the era with their 70's look. The best bits are when then visit the serial killers in prison.
Godwin's law

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

I have only just started watching 24 :oops:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Basualdo wrote: I've got Manhunt on my list to watch. Have you tried Mindhunter? That's pretty good, not perfect -we could do without his girlfriend bollocks - but well worth the watch. Also it has this lovely severe, schoolmarm-ish looking lass....

Mind Hunter is good, it did a good job of replicating the era with their 70's look. The best bits are when then visit the serial killers in prison.

Stuck with Mind Hunter for about 5-6 episodes. It's sooooooo boring.

It looks great, and you're correct, the detail is amazing, but it's so slow.
Each scene is either; 2 people sat* on a plane, talking. 2 people sat in a prison, talking. 2 people sat in a car, talking. 3 people sat in an office, talking.

*Yes, Dougie.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Basualdo wrote:Have I recommended It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet?

If not, then I cannot recommend it enough.

I would put it up there with Father Ted, Curb, Partridge, The Office, Spaced, Larry Sanders, it really is that funny. Not so much the last two seasons, and the first one, though they are still good. But when Danny Devito arrives in series two, then things just get better and better and better.

Watched a couple, thought it was shite and binned it. Same with Brooklyn 99
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

Basualdo wrote:I agree with GLOW, Tormy, especially the first series. The wee girl who plays Sheila the wolf chick is actually Scottish. And the British redhead is (& this surprised me) Kate Nash, who has lost waaaay too much weight and those lovely knockers.

I've got Manhunt on my list to watch. Have you tried Mindhunter? That's pretty good, not perfect -we could do without his girlfriend bollocks - but well worth the watch. Also it has this lovely severe, schoolmarm-ish looking lass....

Mind hunter is on my list to watch next week, Primarily because Jesse C Boyd is in it at some point. He's a good lad
"The Cunt's Cunt."

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

At home, I had no option to watch both Grey's Anatomy and The Good Wife and thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Godwin's law

colinthewarriormonkey

Day 5

Great little Scifi series.

You fall asleep - you die.

"The Cunt's Cunt."

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

As stated in another thread, Fauda (Arabic for chaos). An Israeli show about a counter terrorism unit tracking a notorious Hamas terrorist who seemingly can't die. It's quite brutal and relentless but also a very balanced look at the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. One of the best TV shows I've seen in a long time.

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Basualdo wrote:I agree with GLOW, Tormy, especially the first series. The wee girl who plays Sheila the wolf chick is actually Scottish. And the British redhead is (& this surprised me) Kate Nash, who has lost waaaay too much weight and those lovely knockers.

I've got Manhunt on my list to watch. Have you tried Mindhunter? That's pretty good, not perfect -we could do without his girlfriend bollocks - but well worth the watch. Also it has this lovely severe, schoolmarm-ish looking lass....

Just finished mindhunter, it was fucking good, apart the main character being a piece of shit and his girlfriend being really fucking annoying, but I think the first season is just mainly setting the scene, because youve got the BTK killer in the intro every episode, so season 2 should be a lot better I think.
Build Back More Betterer

colinthewarriormonkey

ToRmAtO wrote:At home, I had no option to watch both Grey's Anatomy and The Good Wife and thoroughly enjoyed them both.

I managed to avoid the first series of Poldark, (I can't stand thing set in that time period) then the missus insisted on going to Cornwall on holiday to see some of the locations, we went to a place called Charlestown (pictured below) and had a look at the harbour, I thought to myself I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing hasn't changed in 200 years so I'll bet they made it look great.

When I got home I thought I'd have a look to see what it looked like, it looked amazing but more surprisingly I found the programme was bloody excellent, I'm totally hooked on the whole thing.

Same goes for "The crown" I would never have watched that but it's fantastic, created real drama out of events in British history around the time she was crowned.

Looking forward to the return of both.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Parks was good then fell the fuck off a cliff
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Parks was good then fell the fuck off a cliff

Ron Swanson WAS Parks!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

colinthewarriormonkey

American Vandal

A kid with a penchant for drawing dicks onthings is expelled from school for spray painting penises on the teachers cars - but was it really him?

Filmed as one of these crime documentaries, the actors play it totally straight which makes it very funny in places. I thought it was great

"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:American Vandal

A kid with a penchant for drawing dicks onthings is expelled from school for spray painting penises on the teachers cars - but was it really him?

Filmed as one of these crime documentaries, the actors play it totally straight which makes it very funny in places. I thought it was great

Its funny as fuck!

And more importantly, did the whiny nerd get a handjob from the hottest babe in the school?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:At home, I had no option to watch both Grey's Anatomy and The Good Wife and thoroughly enjoyed them both.

I managed to avoid the first series of Poldark, (I can't stand thing set in that time period) then the missus insisted on going to Cornwall on holiday to see some of the locations, we went to a place called Charlestown (pictured below) and had a look at the harbour, I thought to myself I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing hasn't changed in 200 years so I'll bet they made it look great.

When I got home I thought I'd have a look to see what it looked like, it looked amazing but more surprisingly I found the programme was bloody excellent, I'm totally hooked on the whole thing.

Same goes for "The crown" I would never have watched that but it's fantastic, created real drama out of events in British history around the time she was crowned.

Looking forward to the return of both.

I agree .
I watched Poldark reluctantly but enjoyed it.
The bad guy George is a bit of a caricature, though.
And is it just me, but I don't get what's so attractive about Demelza.
The other women are generally more attractive, but one of them has just snuffed it.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you