The Rise of LBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Re: The Rise of LBC

Postby carcinogen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:37 am

Andrew Castle is wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin. When did this once fine nation of ours begin to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel? Fucking hell, the bowels of hell have opened and we're all staring into the fucking abyss. Andrew Castle? Yikes.
“Sport is the big giveaway. Wherever sport plays a big part in people's lives you can be sure they're bored witless and just waiting to break up the furniture.”

― J.G. Ballard, Kingdom Come

finchman

Postby finchman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:31 am

Allen said he 'hates' Miranda Hart,before an obvious whisper in his ear made him backtrack.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 pm

"Dodgepot McDougallski"

The Colonel squaring the Russia-UK crisis of 2018.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Enjoy Nick Abbot's show. His Liverpudlian footballer impression is hilarious: "Ehhhh'm! All credit to the lads! The lads dun great!" Lol. Accurate.
POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Old Sylvia from south shitehole in Yorkshire called in to Collins on Monday night about the pensioner who killed the burglar.

She would give him a medal, he's a hero ; and there's one less scumbag on the street; and rather than the ol' favourite of I'd pull the leaver myself' , it was ''I'd have done the same myself,''

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Abbot was very good doing Collins' slot, but find him talking about Trump, Brexit and hitting the sound effects button every minute a bit dull. Don't mind sound effects, but its the same ones over and over.

Darkyboy

Postby Darkyboy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:50 pm

kevin04 wrote:Abbot was very good doing Collins' slot, but find him talking about Trump, Brexit and hitting the sound effects button every minute a bit dull. Don't mind sound effects, but its the same ones over and over.

Ain't that the truth. Nick Abbot (like much of LBC) seems to be stuck in repeat mode. When LBC first when national, I was looking forward to Clive Bull, having heard a lot about him; but his shows are dull as anything. Iain Lee may have faults, but he does vary the content on his shows.
Hello stalker. I'm doing really well, thanks for checking on me.

finchman

Postby finchman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:57 pm

kevin04 wrote:Abbot was very good doing Collins' slot, but find him talking about Trump, Brexit and hitting the sound effects button every minute a bit dull. Don't mind sound effects, but its the same ones over and over.

Abbott is a tosser,his obsession with Trump and Bregg Zit is beyond tedious.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Darkyboy wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Nick Abbot (like much of LBC) seems to be stuck in repeat mode. When LBC first when national, I was looking forward to Clive Bull, having heard a lot about him; but his shows are dull as anything. Iain Lee may have faults, but he does vary the content on his shows.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I miss Doris - did she die?

Old episodes: Flirting with his then-producer Amanda. :shock: :? Quick! Someone call HR! :lol:

More gems: MAUREEN. Legend. You naughty boy, Iain! LMAO. Dying rn. :oops:

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 pm

All I hear on LBC from 10-4 is wahhh wahhh wahhhh Brexit ...waysists....wahhh
£350 million pounds a week would buy an awful lot of big red buses.

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 pm

AlcoholBrazil wrote:All I hear on LBC from 10-4 is wahhh wahhh wahhhh Brexit ...waysists....wahhh

Yes. Muh remain. Something like that...

kancutlawns

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 am

Bitter old queen's banging on about Meghan again. He really has a visceral contempt for her doesn't he?

black_guardian

Postby black_guardian » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 pm

I find Farage's silence on the Windrush scandal absolutely deafening... utter c#nt for not standing up for those affected whilst only too keen to photograph himself next to war veterans or neo-nazis.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am

black_guardian wrote:I find Farage's silence on the Windrush scandal absolutely deafening... utter c#nt for not standing up for those affected whilst only too keen to photograph himself next to war veterans or neo-nazis.

Maybe because it was done to death by LBC's World Class Virtue-Signallers O'Brien and Fogarty for two days solid.
£350 million pounds a week would buy an awful lot of big red buses.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 am

Collins was saying that Steve Allen and Winton were big pals back in the 70s and 80s, so it might be somber Steve in the new few hours.

I've noticed Collins says which has me *UN-WHISTLESOUND*ing is ''doesn't even touch the sides'' when financial matters arise e.g Ant's 86k fine. He's said it more than just the once too.

Another seems to be ''this thing...'' 'called life', 'we call life, 'we know as life', and fingers crossed for 'we call the Col's finest'.