The Rise of LBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
AlcoholBrazil

Re: The Rise of LBC

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 am

Allen gets a regular talc buff-up on his shiny dome at the Polish lady hairdresser, Love to know how much a bald bloke pays for a "haircut"
in London.
£350 million pounds a week would buy an awful lot of big red buses.

kancutlawns

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:12 pm

DasBoot wrote:Dale so out of his league.

I had it on this morning and was was falling in and out of slumber but I'm sure he spent two hours solidly talking about Dale. Tbh I didn't know that they were such good friends.

They worked together on LBC about twenty years back and were close mates.
maude [17.07.18]:"Might PM him now actually and try and goad him into action."

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:57 am

A lot of ''we'' talk from Allen, yet never heard a reference to who the other half is - mum; a Dale Winton lookalike ; or a young Brazillian? Or a woman possibly! Also more lotto talk! Auld Auntie Hilda who's 90 won't be getting a penny of Allen's jackpot win as she wouldn't know what to do with it,and she's 90! Said he spent over 40quid a week on it when it started back in the mid 90s! :shock:

Ferrari said today he lives alone! I thought he was married and had grown-up kids. He's also Swiss-Italian, or his Dad was. Some facts for that auto biography of Nick's, Carc - that you are going to pen.

Darren Adam could be the WOAT over night presenters and that's saying something, even worse than Cristo! He's just so unbelievably dull, and he seems to live on mars or pick the most mundane and boring topics that having next to no relevance to the day's news. Heard a bit of LBC before the handover and it was about Macron/Trump and the antisemitism allegations in Labour etc - full switch board, and a lot of fiesty Afro-Caribbean callers basically telling Jewish people to 'suck it up/you don't suffer the same racism as us' etc and then someone would call to debate that view etc.

So, Adam comes on after 1am with "Do you trust online banking? Do you trust banks?" He seems to always find a way to find a reference in to driving, cars etc - ''I liked to drive in to town to see the bank," :roll:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

finchman

Postby finchman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

Darren Adam,is that the homosexual from Edinburgh who loves Iceland?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Postby Basualdo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:57 pm

DasBoot wrote:Dale so out of his league.

I had it on this morning and was was falling in and out of slumber but I'm sure he spent two hours solidly talking about Dale. Tbh I didn't know that they were such good friends.

It might be a manifestation of Irani/Speed Syndrome where its all fantasy and utter bollocks for effect.

I guess we will find out for sure if Allen tweets a picture of himself on the piss on a train on the day of Winton's funeral.
Proud Gammon

Zippy

Postby Zippy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 am

Adam likes to generalise a lot. "99.9% of the UK will tell Trump he isn't welcome." Really Darren?

He's also incredibly butt-hurt over Brexit, almost to O'Brien levels. I guess his driving holidays around Europe with his "partner" will be getting a bit more expensive...
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 am

Sale of MAGA hats and US flags will go up when Trump visits. Already practising the chant . "USA USA USA"
£350 million pounds a week would buy an awful lot of big red buses.

finchman

Postby finchman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am

Zippy wrote:Adam likes to generalise a lot. "99.9% of the UK will tell Trump he isn't welcome." Really Darren?

He's also incredibly butt-hurt over Brexit, almost to O'Brien levels. I guess his driving holidays around Europe with his "partner" will be getting a bit more expensive...

+1
Needs to lay off sniffing the anusol.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 pm

I slagged Adam yesterday, but he had an interesting discussion about alcohol last night and had some good callers. He'll ruin it tonight no doubt by starting with a topic about crude oil prices and what impact that will have on drivers, or something.

Mr Collins in fine form last night.

I don't min the Col. though ; but he does make me laugh a bit in a David Brent type of way. Talking to a transgender man to woman last night and she was saying, she was originally a male/Arthur Daley/ alpha male (fella, even since it's the Colonel) car-salesman then turned up one day as a woman, but had to close the business as he lost customers etc, she went on to say that she is now a prostitute today whilst Collins said ''Ah, that's the easiest profession probably for a transgender...'' and cue a bit of a backtracking from the Dodgepot after the caller seemed a bit irked/baffled.

Another trans man to woman from Wales called up. A chef who had worked for a while in the same place originally as a male before becoming a woman. The Col. popped up with something a long the lines of 'Did you just rock up one day in a frock?' :)

Another phrase he chucks out a lot is ''A whole lot of....rubbish" when he can't think of the word/witty phrase to show his disliking for it. Time to update that Col. Collins Bingo Wheel!

finchman

Postby finchman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Heard Stadlen the other night, he said he was out taking pictures of trees in blossom whilst wearing a pink shirt and he saw three blokes approaching,and he immediately thought 'homopobic attack'.
Why the fuck would a 'cough cough' straight bloke think he was going to get his head kicked in a homophobic attack?
These LBC presenters are right fuckin weirdos.

Zippy

Postby Zippy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Stadlen is the most boring man alive.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Farage is rubbish at the radio. I don't care about his politics, but it's the same old Brexit or Trump bullshit. Why not try something else e.g Andrew Castle talking about drugs today was a fun listen ''Off their face on the lines'' :lol: Whilst Farage is courteous with callers who don't agree him, he probably could be an interesting listen if he started talking about devil dugs, recycling and something other than Brekkkzzzzzzzit.

"Nigel, you're always going on about Donald Trump....."

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:13 am

Ken ex Highlands, Lincoln, now Newcastle speaking to the Col.

I just wish he would sing again.

finchman

Postby finchman » Tue May 01, 2018 6:51 am

Allen doesn't know what a MILF is.

m4rkb

Postby m4rkb » Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 am

Christ almighty. Just listened to the trailer for JOBs show following Ferrari. Almost sounded interesting for a moment but turned into a prelude for another 3 hour brexit bashing. Has this bloke completely lost it and ran out of subjects or what? The only time he ever deviates from it is to bang on about institutional racism within the Tories - and Brexit voters.