The Rise of LBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kevin04

Re: The Rise of LBC

Postby kevin04 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm

m4rkb wrote:Best presenter on LBC at the moment is Majid Naawaz by a mile. Always approaches subjects impartially and with logic so is an equally good listen for both left and right wingers on what are usually polarised or partisan topics.

Always thought Stapleton was similar and ran a good show. Not used enough IMO especially as a stand in at 10AM.

I like Majid as well from the bits I've heard. An interesting history too.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Zippy wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Is Farage still on then? I notice he's on now - no need to even tune in, it'll be Brexit followed by 20 mins of Trump. Dull as feck radio.

Who's making way for Eddie Mair?

Dale I reckon.

That'd be a shame as Dale is pretty good and reasonably neutral, IMO. Dale seems to be popping up on TV of recent, so maybe he's trying to quote Porky ''get in there'' down television broadcasting way, WHISTLESOUND.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Clive Bull just said ''paarst student''.

Does Clive Bull live in Borehamwood?

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Alex James talking to Steve Allen.

His (Alex's) laugh is amazing, like a mix of a clear of the throat and a giggle. Fantastic!

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Collins said last night that he has an announcement tomorrow (tonight). Hoping its not him that's making way for Mair.

Whilst he's a bit of a Dodgepot/David Brent at times, he is always very good with human interest stories and seems a decent guy with a bit of humanity with vulnerable callers. His best radio is always when talking about social issues rather than politics.

Darkyboy

Postby Darkyboy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:50 pm

kevin04 wrote:Collins said last night that he has an announcement tomorrow (tonight). Hoping its not him that's making way for Mair.

Whilst he's a bit of a Dodgepot/David Brent at times, he is always very good with human interest stories and seems a decent guy with a bit of humanity with vulnerable callers. His best radio is always when talking about social issues rather than politics.

Hopefully, Eddie Mair is replacing soporific Sheila. Although that would make an all-male line-up and lead to an inevitable shitstorm.
Hello stalker. I'm doing really well, thanks for checking on me.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Darkyboy wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Collins said last night that he has an announcement tomorrow (tonight). Hoping its not him that's making way for Mair.

Hopefully, Eddie Mair is replacing soporific Sheila. Although that would make an all-male line-up and lead to an inevitable shitstorm.

C´mon Col. gives us a WHISTLESOUND before announcing the news too!

m4rkb

Postby m4rkb » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:03 pm

I thought he went downhill quite a lot when he turned to politics. If he is out the door he could easily find a new home at Talkradio and go back to how he used to be.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

m4rkb wrote:

I thought he went downhill quite a lot when he turned to politics. If he is out the door he could easily find a new home at Talkradio and go back to how he used to be.

Agree, pal. His best bits on LBC are the human interest stuff - talking about drug abuse/cocaine etc a few days ago and before that mental illness.

Whenever he talks politics, it always feels like he is blagging it to an extent or like the jack of all trades/master of none - know a bit about this but no real substance, more just the bold main bit.

Anyhoos good luck to him, and wouldn't mind seeing him back at tS/R towers and starting a monologue about road rage and how an Aussie driver he cut off spat in his face, but he shook his hand in return. :D

m4rkb

Postby m4rkb » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:26 pm

He had his wings clipped a bit at LBC. It's no where near as informal as TR or how the old TS used to be so I'd say his return would be more than welcome.

kancutlawns

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Bev Turner in for Bag face Fogarty and always gives me a big of a stiffy so a win-win.

finchman

Postby finchman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm

kancutlawns wrote:Bev Turner in for Bag face Fogarty and always gives me a big of a stiffy so a win-win.

I've seen more tit on my peanut feeder
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Holden Mcgroyne

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 am

New schedule

1:00am - Darren Adam
4:00am - Steve Allen
7:00am - Nick Ferrari at Breakfast
10:00am - James O’Brien
1:00pm - Shelagh Fogarty
4:00pm - Eddie Mair
6:00pm - The Nigel Farage Show
7:00pm - Iain Dale
10:00pm - Tom Swarbrick

Friday:
1:00am - Darren Adam
4:00am - Steve Allen
7:00am - Nick Ferrari at Breakfast
10:00am - James O’Brien
1:00pm - Shelagh Fogarty
4:00pm - Eddie Mair
6:00pm – Andrew Pierce
10:00pm – Nick Abbot

Saturday:
1:00am – Matt Stadlen
5:00am – The Best of Steve Allen and In Conversation With…
7:00am - Andrew Castle
10:00am - Matt Frei
12:00pm - Maajid Nawaz
3:00pm - Ian Payne
6:00pm - Clive Bull
8:00pm - Beverley Turner
10:00pm – Nick Abbot

Sunday:
1:00am – Matt Stadlen
5:00am – Steve Allen
7:00am - Andrew Castle
10:00am – The Nigel Farage Show
12:00pm - Maajid Nawaz
3:00pm - Ian Payne
6:00pm - Clive Bull
9:00pm – In Conversation With…
10:00pm – Tom Swarbrick

A pity O'Brien and Fogarty still make it a no go station from 10 to 4. Will look forward to Iain Dale's new evening show and glad they've left Steve Allen with the live hours he has (and re-introduced the best of on saturday)
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

kancutlawns

Postby kancutlawns » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:20 am

JOB's back. Prefer him to the anodyne Swarbrick to be honest.

Vespa

Postby Vespa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Looking forward to Mair.