The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: I can't find the 5 LIVE THREAD

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Wibbz will surely merge the living fuck out of this smear of a thread

Indeed. Had the urge, the urge to merge. And to this thread, as it's the 5Live thread.

And Higgins, listened again on Saturday morning at 5.30am to Tally, Vic and Zanna. Blander than last week, fuck it's drivel: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09pkwc5
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JW90

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by JW90 »

I listen to Five Live on the way home from work as TalkSport Drive (without Danny Kelly) is an utter shitheap, Absolute Radio with Dave Berry is a cuntfest, Smooth is ok in small doses and commercial radio plays Justin Timberlake/ Bieber and other twats on a loop but even Five Live is becoming repetitive. Every day it is a round of racism, sexism, misogyny, gender pay, gender equality, Brexit.

I realise they are all important topics but they all merge into one outcry against the filthy public and nasty bosses. I just wish there was a decent alternative but hey ho.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Agreed, the afternoon show with Nihal is just radio at it's absolute worst.

It just regurgitates progressive propaganda daily like some thought of Soviet style reprogramming broadcast.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Bitching about pay while stealing MY money for their noncing parties
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Yeseterday’s output was female dominated to celebrate 100 years of women getting the vote. A non stop succession of feminist propaganda with men being made to feel inferior.

No change from normal actually.
There's no poem, just prose.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

This is a classic 5 live progressive bingo jackpot winner.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Yeseterday’s output was female dominated to celebrate 100 years of women getting the vote. A non stop succession of feminist propaganda with men being made to feel inferior.

No change from normal actually.

You can sense even the presenters were getting weary of it after a while. They were discussing the "female" Doritos on Monday and Tony Livesey sounded utterly bored of it when talking to a permanently offended feminist.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Friday's the one day the 10am show isn't presented by the awful Barnett woman with her rabid feminist agenda permeating the whole programme. Turn it on and it's Adrian Chiles surrounded by a load of droning women, 100 year votes, rules on chatting up, yada yada yada fucking yada.
There's no poem, just prose.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Friday's the one day the 10am show isn't presented by the awful Barnett woman with her rabid feminist agenda permeating the whole programme. Turn it on and it's Adrian Chiles surrounded by a load of droning women, 100 year votes, rules on chatting up, yada yada yada fucking yada.

That sounds fucking horrendous.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I'm starting to really despise Tony Livesy on Drive. The smarmy, likeable, man of the people who drops his bollocks and everyone gasps in awe. Gets me reaching for Haid and chimp on the dial.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Friday's the one day the 10am show isn't presented by the awful Barnett woman with her rabid feminist agenda permeating the whole programme. Turn it on and it's Adrian Chiles surrounded by a load of droning women, 100 year votes, rules on chatting up, yada yada yada fucking yada.

Well, hopefully we'll have some balance and hear from the men who've had unwanted attention, rules on chatting up soon.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:I'm starting to really despise Tony Livesy on Drive. The smarmy, likeable, man of the people who drops his bollocks and everyone gasps in awe. Gets me reaching for Haid and chimp on the dial.

Livsey used to edit/manage the Daily Star I think, before that he was with The Spor. I think that's the level we're talking about here. I'm always amazed the BBC chose to employ him. Then again, they do so enjoy employing fucking nonce cunts.

I have to give 5Live credit for finding pretty much every character-type I despise. 5Live presenters are the type of people who just about managed to scrape through school to go to 'college', manage to read a couple to books to get basic knowledge and then act as though they have the keys to the universe and everyone is in awe of their intellect, wit, and gravitas. What gets me is, why would anyone actually want to be a presenter on 5Live? I mean, what the fuck is your motivation? Nothing is ever achieved, every 'debate' and 'topic' is a non question and no caller or host is ever articulate enough to answer a given question. And even if they could, because the BBC is 'balanced', there's always a compromise. It's fucking vanilla shit for snowflakes who once managed to get half-way though a George Orwell novel once. It's a station for orphans, dyslexics, hypocondriacts (sp?), and all those sorts of people who make excuses for being shit at everything. I mean, imagine being stuck with Livesey, Barnett, Campbell on a desert island, pretty sure everyone would fucking die after two days ... either by my own hand or though fear of doing anything to upset the 'environment' in order to eat.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

carcinogen wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:I'm starting to really despise Tony Livesy on Drive. The smarmy, likeable, man of the people who drops his bollocks and everyone gasps in awe. Gets me reaching for Haid and chimp on the dial.

Livsey used to edit/manage the Daily Star I think, before that he was with The Spor. I think that's the level we're talking about here. I'm always amazed the BBC chose to employ him. Then again, they do so enjoy employing fucking nonce cunts.

I like to check on things I didn't know.

Tony Livesey:
18 years with Sport Newspapers where he was editor-in-chief and managing director of the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

VeritasVincit wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

Tony Livesey:
18 years with Sport Newspapers where he was editor-in-chief and managing director of the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport.

Wonder what Burden and others think of a twat who’s a station colleague working for a rag parading women with big tits and the antithesis of the female emancipation they’re always banging on about.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

Tony Livesey:

Wonder what Burden and others think of a twat who’s a station colleague working for a rag parading women with big tits and the antithesis of the female emancipation they’re always banging on about.

Indeed. I think their primary concern is: am I 'famous', how much am I getting paid, and then ... #metoo. Good point mate. It's laughable isn't it. It's not as if one could call in and actually point this out of course. LOL. Sick.