The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:00 pm Tony Livesey told he's had to cancel his 'lads holiday'

Tony Livesey is 56 years old

Tony Livesey is an utter, utter cunt.
What age do you have to stop going on holidays with your mates ?
What age do you stop calling yourself a lad ?
There's no poem, just prose.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:00 pm Tony Livesey told he's had to cancel his 'lads holiday'

Is there one ? Don’t you say you are going away with the lads or the boys whatever age ?

Holden Mcgroyne

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Is there one ? Don’t you say you are going away with the lads or the boys whatever age ?
You do if you're a 'look at me cunt' with an ego the size of Jupiter.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

He'll always be scruffy cunt 'Loudmouth Livesey' from The Sport to me.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Fair enough. I‘d better stop then. :lol:

antdad

Post by antdad »

Missing Rhod and his dolcet tones badly Carlos, boy could we have done with his perspective over the last few months instead robotic dullards asking insomniacs to phone in an describe how they're coping.

So that's it...absolutely no reason to listen to the station anymore except when I'm syncing their footy commentary to my EPL feed from a foreign broadcaster. Unless when it's Alan Green of course and I'd rather listen to the drunk Polish commentator.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

antdad wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm Missing Rhod and his dolcet tones badly Carlos, boy could we have done with his perspective over the last few months instead robotic dullards asking insomniacs to phone in an describe how they're coping.

So that's it...absolutely no reason to listen to the station anymore except when I'm syncing their footy commentary to my EPL feed from a foreign broadcaster. Unless when it's Alan Green of course and I'd rather listen to the drunk Polish commentator.
Green’s gone come the end of the season.

Unless it’s sport, i have no reason to listen either.

Holden Mcgroyne

antdad wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm Missing Rhod and his dolcet tones badly Carlos, boy could we have done with his perspective over the last few months instead robotic dullards asking insomniacs to phone in an describe how they're coping.

Colin Murray has resurrected himself on there after being sunk by Bob Mills, 'Blood on the Tracks' and 'At Home With' are more often than not a decent listen

The evening shows he's doing now with pub bores, unfunny comedians and musicians is absolute dross.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The BBC has a major problem insofar as it cannot have an opinion. And what vague opinion it has is Left-Wing. It's fucking grim. Personally I cannot understand how the presenters bank 150k and sleep-tight at night. But that's why I am typing this in this forum for nada. And am happy too.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 pm Green’s gone come the end of the season.
Is that right? Just a matter of time I suppose after he had his roles at R5 seriously downgraded. He always irritated the f**ck out of me even after I found out he was a CFC fan, totally joyless so glad he's going.
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 pm Colin Murray has resurrected himself on there after being sunk by Bob Mills, 'Blood on the Tracks' and 'At Home With' are more often than not a decent listen
The evening shows he's doing now with pub bores, unfunny comedians and musicians is absolute dross.
I generally like Murray and thought the late evening show would be a good fit. Maybe it's a format better suited to being in a studio together but like you say it's been unlistenable whenever I've caught it. The "guests" appear to be rather low grade but they try oh so very very hard to be entertaining it's been a painfull listen on the odd occasion when I have tuned in.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I just can't abide even hearing Murray now, and listening to him pontificate about music is something I'll never do.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Green’s gone come the end of the season.

Unless it’s sport, i have no reason to listen either.
Missing Rhod badly as well, antdad. :( Did switch over yesterday in case there was a non-world football phone in. There wasn't. Not sure when the last time listened to 5Live was.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Oh for fuck's sake. COVID-19 seems to finally be receding and the lockdown being relaxed and you would have thought that the cunts would finally be having the 5Dead morning phone in on another matter such as the US riots but they have yet another shitty phone in on COVID-19. Get a life.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:52 am Oh for fuck's sake. COVID-19 seems to finally be receding and the lockdown being relaxed and you would have thought that the cunts would finally be having the 5Dead morning phone in on another matter such as the US riots but they have yet another shitty phone in on COVID-19. Get a life.
Well I caught five mins of it on my way to Radio 2. I thought it was about young kids going back to school today. Not of any interest to me but would of thought that’s a pretty big thing for those with youngsters.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Got the tail end but wanted to hear about the riots, Jon. JOB's banging on about COVID-19 now too.