The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
VeritasVincit

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by VeritasVincit »

I was only ever a daytime listener but I hardly ever have it on now.
That Emma Barnett gets right up my nose, but the big turn-off was when they started discussing FGM as I was having breakfast.

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

VeritasVincit wrote:I was only ever a daytime listener but I hardly ever have it on now.
That Emma Barnett gets right up my nose, but the big turn-off was when they started discussing FGM as I was having breakfast.

Better then than at supper having a kebab :shock:

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Deformed sexist prick , so naturally into Rugby, John Inverdale has left 5live after 25 years.
Peace and Love

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

One of the best broadcasters of his era.
There's no poem, just prose.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Inverdale and Tommo in the same room!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

What a dwarf!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Zippy wrote:

Inverdale and Tommo in the same room!

Looks like its toilet roll he has bought.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I like Dotun.

Am I on my own in here to have that opinion? I rarely miss a WFPI, or a podcast of it. Yes, he's a bit of a blagger at times, but his charming way and fantastic laugh make me smile too.

Vickery and Mark Gleeson (South Efrican) are my favourite double act for the WFPI.

His digital Jukebox thingy is pretty decent too. Good old Dotun.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Holden Mcgroyne

A huge fuss again on the nonentity that is Sam Walker leaving. She did the same a few years ago to go on a round the world tour but was back in a couple of months. Fuck off to Arizona love and sweat a few of those extra pounds off.

antdad

Post by antdad »

kevin04 wrote:I like Dotun.

Am I on my own in here to have that opinion? I rarely miss a WFPI, or a podcast of it. Yes, he's a bit of a blagger at times, but his charming way and fantastic laugh make me smile too.

Vickery and Mark Gleeson (South Efrican) are my favourite double act for the WFPI.

I don't mind DA at all except when he goes all hyper-Nigerian, I used to be a huge fan of WFPI back in the day but Vickery and now Brassell have far more mainstream media exposure so not much need to catch it. I enjoy Gleeson when I do catch him occasionally but I have as much interest in African football as I did with North American football and Sean Wheelock.

I don't quite know why but I just couldn't stand Phil Williams, ahh yes I do...you could tell he was a BBC lifer as he just couldn't make the shift from being an entertainment reporter and being down with the kids to a proper grown up. Anyhow he's been sacked or not had his contract renewed so good riddens.

Love Rhod, often listen to the previous nights show during the day.

Holden Mcgroyne

antdad wrote:

I don't mind DA at all except when he goes all hyper-Nigerian, I used to be a huge fan of WFPI back in the day but Vickery and now Brassell have far more mainstream media exposure so not much need to catch it. I enjoy Gleeson when I do catch him occasionally but I have as much interest in African football as I did with North American football and Sean Wheelock.

I don't quite know why but I just couldn't stand Phil Williams, ahh yes I do...you could tell he was a BBC lifer as he just couldn't make the shift from being an entertainment reporter and being down with the kids to a proper grown up. Anyhow he's been sacked or not had his contract renewed so good riddens.

All well and good, but you're getting Sarah Brett as a replacement.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh FFS.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote:

As per many times on this thread, Dotun absultely ruins a once great show. Yes, I still listen if about and on. Vickery is always good, but as per, hear him on WFPI and H&J and Extrat Time in a week and same tales.

Dotun is the shite though. Trying to be the fun ringmaster, he wants all about him. Gags, singing. No, The Gent on Charlton, Cleo the old girl, spending half a show on finding a new Brazilian shirt name for someone rather than talking football. :roll: A two hour show with over half of gimmickery.

The jukebox is shite as well. It spuing from his vrtual bookcase, which was to create 100 books you need to read, which was occasionally interesting listening to people discussing books of interest. The virtual jukebox followed and thought it was also supposed to be a 100 song. It seems to have been going on for many years though. But Dotun isn't DK when talking music. Yes, both think they know so much and have tales apropos but DK tells tales amusing of singers fucked. Dotun is tales of him and singers. :roll:

And as Antdad and as per, please always remember, Dotun Adebayo was the fist black man ever in Scandanavia. Listen to a couple of shows and he will tell you. Anything Scandanavian and he will regale his Swedish.

Kevin. He is an utter cunt who has been doing the same schtick for years. On any prper news he is atrocious.

He shares 'Up All Night' with the still legend, 25 years there, Rhod Sharpe.

Rhod and Dotun, chalk and cheese, steak and shit. Rhod, the only and best thing woth listening to on 5Live bar sport.

And ha, Williams. Remember him as their gossip man. But hey, look at David Croft, now Sky F1 man. He was the sports reporter on 5Live when Glover was doing the 10pm-1am shift and how hideous was that, It always brought the even more hideous Anita Anand to meeja attention.

But Croift was sent to the arrars one time and listeners asked to give him a nickname. As not a skinny fella, 'Stocky on the oche' won. So now F1 comms, but back a decade he was the Moose of 5Live.

Anywat. Dotun, hideous, the station awful. Rhod and sport listenable.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Is he as hideous and unlistenable as the cunts who come afterwards i.e. Pantsdown Campbell and vacuous Burden?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Let him go Carlos, he ain't worth it. :lol: