Cunk on Britain

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Re: Cunk on Britain

Post by LaaLaa »

Some of the episodes are a bit patchy, but it's ok.
Brush Strokes can sod off though. It wasn't funny in episode 1, let alone every damn week after.
I really am a biatch

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Know the lass from earlier, not that great.

I could have been interested, I saw it mentioned in the 'i' review of telly and mentioned making twats of the commenters' ignorance. Easy TV. So as done many times, Ali G as noted.

If you want to do this and take the piss out of the great and good, do not follow Ali G amusing as he was. Follow Brass Eye. Those who don't, Cunk, ha at some old geezer who doesn't understand you. Fucking great. :roll: :arrow:

Mr Angry from Tunbridge Wells not seeing the show.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote:Know the lass from earlier, not that great.

I could have been interested, I saw it mentioned in the 'i' review of telly and mentioned making twats of the commenters' ignorance. Easy TV. So as done many times, Ali G as noted.

If you want to do this and take the piss out of the great and good, do not follow Ali G amusing as he was. Follow Brass Eye. Those who don't, Cunk, ha at some old geezer who doesn't understand you. Fucking great. :roll: :arrow:

I remember reading Sacha Baron Cohen saying that the only time he felt bad about doing the Ali G schtick and the only time he broke character was when he interviewed some old military type who was quite well known - it might have been Sandy Woodward, I forget.
He and the crew rolled up to the fella's nice country place and his wife had gone all out to welcome them and put out a lavish and massive spread of food for the whole crew. The couple were also effusively kind and could not do enough to help the crew set up by moving stuff themselves and trying to muck in.
Cohen was feeling a bit of a shit as the interview was about to start, so leant over, broke character and confessed to the old military chap, "Look, this is all a bit of a piss take, I hope you don't mind?" to which the old chap replied, "Oh, I know it is, dear boy, but its all a bit of fun, isn't it."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

The people she interviews are in on the joke, always have been since she was appearing on the Charlie Brooker show.. They're told to play it straight.
I really am a biatch

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

You sure, Laa?
Basualdo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Know the lass from earlier, not that great.

I remember reading Sacha Baron Cohen saying that the only time he felt bad about doing the Ali G schtick and the only time he broke character was when he interviewed some old military type who was quite well known - it might have been Sandy Woodward, I forget.
He and the crew rolled up to the fella's nice country place and his wife had gone all out to welcome them and put out a lavish and massive spread of food for the whole crew. The couple were also effusively kind and could not do enough to help the crew set up by moving stuff themselves and trying to muck in.
Cohen was feeling a bit of a shit as the interview was about to start, so leant over, broke character and confessed to the old military chap, "Look, this is all a bit of a piss take, I hope you don't mind?" to which the old chap replied, "Oh, I know it is, dear boy, but its all a bit of fun, isn't it."

Indeed, Bas. Some of Ali G's targets were worthy, cunts who hated and spoke bollocks from whatever side.

Decent coves who try to help people understand, but do not understand nu meeja is and has always been a cheap and cunts trick.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

LaaLaa wrote:The people she interviews are in on the joke, always have been since she was appearing on the Charlie Brooker show.. They're told to play it straight.

Wrong. She said on a recent podcast with Adam Buxton that they don't know anything in advance and that she wouldn't do the show if people knew it was a pisstake - and you couldn't fake the reactions in the same way if they were in on the gag.

Although clearly someone like Mark Lawson would be aware of her character from Charlie Brooker, but I imagine the academic types are probably clueless.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

She did steal the 'Winston Churchill-We will fight dem bitches' gag from Ali G.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Basualdo wrote:I'd spunk Cunk.

PHWOAARR!
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Phwoaarr indeed. my lord.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

Carlos J wrote:You sure, Laa?

Definitely. This, from Joel Morris, one of the writers...

@gralefrit
Amid the lovely Cunk love, some concern that the experts “must know who she is by now”. They always did, from first Moments of Wonder on. Nobody is tricked. It’s not meant to be a prank, just an exercise in deadpan in the face of daft. #cunk

@gralefrit
They’re all so good at it too. Usual note is to treat her as patiently as possible, as if she’s a gobby nine year old on a school trip. Nobody is meant to look idiotic, except the idea of the show itself. #cunk

@gralefrit
And wonderful to see loads of our experts last night at the screening. All of them delighted and delightful. What a nice bunch of brains. #cunk
Lou Grant wrote:...and you couldn't fake the reactions in the same way if they were in on the gag.
What? It's obvious from the reactions they're in on it. They're fairly patient with her and answer her silly questions rather than giving her the sort of "are you serious, you utter imbecile" type reaction she'd get if they weren't in on it.
I really am a biatch

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

It's weird, on the podcast I listened to she said they talked to a Churchill expert and he got really annoyed because she kept asking him all these really stupid questions.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The only people who are not in on it are those who are so thick they don't even realise it's a parody. And there are plenty of them about.

dingdongthewitchisdead

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

smug shite.
i never listen now .