BBC's Rip-Off Britain

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
VeritasVincit

BBC's Rip-Off Britain

Post by VeritasVincit »

I am deeply traumatised after watching Rip-Off Britain on BBC this morning.
Beware! Apparently, tinned Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies are very difficult to open and attempting to do so can physically and psychologically scar the prospective ‘cook’. Even burley Sheffield steel workers had difficulty.

I hope all the BBC ‘knockers’ will now agree that the corporation is providing a valuable public service.

My shock is only lessened by the fact that I never buy Fray Bentos pies; I prefer food.

beingsoblase

Re: BBC's Rip-Off Britain

Post by beingsoblase »

That's nothing.
You should have tried one of those goblin pies that needed boiling for two hours, not only was it a right bastard to open without destroying the pie, it was also red hot.
I think nowadays they come in plastic pots and you have to microwave them.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

beingsoblase wrote:That's nothing.
You should have tried one of those goblin pies that needed boiling for two hours, not only was it a right bastard to open without destroying the pie, it was also red hot.
I think nowadays they come in plastic pots and you have to microwave them.

Years ago, my father worked with a chap who's previous job had been at the Goblin meat pudding factory.
He swore that he'd never again touch, let alone eat, another Goblin pudding.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Coincidentally, I recalled reading about Goblin puddings on a website recently (can't recall how I came by it), and it covers a whole cornucopia of gastronomic no go zones:

https://www.barelyedible.co.uk/
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

That site is excellent, Roy, thanks for the link. :) Never heard of these Goblin puddings, might try to find them. I did once cut my hand on a Fray Bentos tin, I'm afraid I was very, very drunk.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I bought some Fray Bentos pies on a special once for a quid a piece about two years ago thinking I'd got a good deal. Not so after the first one as I gave the rest away. Gravy with pastry over the top. Fucking shit. Never again !!

In the mass market, Shire use to make the best pies but everyone now only eats Pukka which frankly are shit.

Most 'butchers choice' are shit as well. If you're not spitting out gristle and fat they are usually massively overpriced.

The best ones are then ones I make myself

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Those Value Burgers you get, 98p for a dozen; apparently they're not made from prime cuts of beef. Fuck me! Where's Jamie Oliver when you need him?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Roy Twing wrote:Coincidentally, I recalled reading about Goblin puddings on a website recently (can't recall how I came by it), and it covers a whole cornucopia of gastronomic no go zones:

https://www.barelyedible.co.uk/

great site roy. Thats given me something amusing to read for a little while
Build Back More Betterer

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Ah, that used be called "shitefood" but the original site vanished into the Internet Black Hole. It's a good read, isn't it?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah just finished it now, I don't think it's been updated in a long time, which is a shame

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I like the fact he's like me, you see something that looks disgusting you must buy it and try it and throw it away, I've tasted almost everything on that site due to morbid curiosity.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer