Comedians who appear on the BBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Comedians who appear on the BBC

Post by carcinogen »

By definition unfunny.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Re: Comedians who appear on the BBC

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Enjoy frankie Boyle on bbc 2 which surprised me. Doug Stanhope was on there too and quite like him.

Think you’re talking horse shit horse.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Russell fucking cunting fucking Howard

close the thread
Peace and Love

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Enjoy frankie Boyle on bbc 2 which surprised me. Doug Stanhope was on there too and quite like him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, Frankie Boyle is fucking amazing.
Build Back More Betterer

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

The guy with the big teeth who's always on Mock The Week who laughs at his own jokes because he think's he's so funny.
I really am a biatch

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Narrow it down, laa.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eaststand wrote:
Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Enjoy frankie Boyle on bbc 2 which surprised me. Doug Stanhope was on there too and quite like him.

Frankie Boyle? Oh dear. Has his scottish burr seduced your mind? Or is it the psuedo hipster beard? If you think Frankie Boyle is the height of wit you really are fucking beyond help. It's not you're fault though. I'll give you that. You've been gaslighted by Auntie. You probably think Frankie is a man of the people. A good guy. I've seen him many times eating at high-end restaurants in that London acting billy-big-bollocks. And fair play to him. Why not. But he isn't the man you think he is. He's a fucking prick. Still, Peter Sellers and Tony Hankcock were pricks, so I suppose I scuppered my own arguement there.

:rolleyes:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Is Lenny Henry still a comedian?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:

Not really followed him but watched some of his documentary series ahead of the Russia World Cup and found it to be quite enjoyable and dead pan. He's not bad.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carc, Why does a comedian have to have a lifestyle that YOU agree with to like him? Surely it's about his ability to make people laugh rather than how his beard's designed or that he eats in a restaurant that befits his popularity, success and affluence or am I missing something here? And why do you think he's a prick?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

He is fucking quality mate. One of the smartest comedians out there. His articles on the guardian website are piss funny as well.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

kancutlawns wrote:Carc, Why does a comedian have to have a lifestyle that YOU agree with to like him? Surely it's about his ability to make people laugh rather than how his beard's designed or that he eats in a restaurant that befits his popularity, success and affluence or am I missing something here? And why do you think he's a prick?

hes just trying to seem like a comedy connoisseur, "oh Hes not as good as "insert generic choice who wasnt even that funny, sellars and hancock will do"

Anyone who doesnt really understand how varied comedy is picks those two. Probably while wearing a beret.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

More edgy critique from carc. I'm not sure why those two comedians are held up as the barometer for comedic excellence when a lot of people weren't born when they were around or even appreciated their humour. Surely, humour is an individual thing and subjective to personal taste and enjoyment. Not like those tossers who go to watch McIntyre or John Bishop in their droves like sheeple and aren't able to articulate why they go to watch him.

That's the thing I hate about modern comedy, it's all vanilla and we're told we have to like it as if we're incapable of making individual choices. Carc would have been the sort of individual who if TF was around at the time that Sellars and Hancock were around would have called them miserable, manic depressives who need to get some vitamin B down their throats, have a stiff drink and fondle a few birds for a laugh.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

carcinogen wrote:By definition unfunny.

By definition of what?

The fact that they're comedians? :?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:
Eaststand wrote:

Not really followed him but watched some of his documentary series ahead of the Russia World Cup and found it to be quite enjoyable and dead pan. He's not bad.

Indeed. Liked the bits I've seen and will try to watch it properly. Thought Boyle was persona non grata at the Beeb? Obviously not, or just sort of live stuff.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?