Who Is America?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

Who Is America?

Post by kancutlawns »

Watched the first three programmes of the new series which involves Sacha Baron Cohen going in various guises as a far left cesgender professor, an alt-right conspiracy theorist who owns a website called "Truthbrary" to try and explore what's behind the rise of Trumpism.

The concept is good but with shit like doing a presentation to people in Arizona about the biggest mosque outside the Middle East being built there, going to the house of Republican supporters to tell them about him geting his daughter to "freebleed on the Stars and Stripes so it ended up looking like the Chinese flag", getting a few red necks to put KY jelly and condoms on their hands to thwart Mexican immigrants at a female coming of age ceremony and calling Will Smith a gangsta rapper from Compton, he only ends up making one feel sorry for for his targets who are polite.

He went to interview Bernie Sanders and told him that he should "move all the 9's into the 1%", had his Mossad ex-Colonel character rub his paedo detector device over Roy Moore and trialled a kiddie pistol for under five years olds to use in kindergarten.

Not one of Baron Cohen's finest moments to be honest, partly because it;s not clear who his targets actually are.

deisegirl

Re: Who Is America?

Post by deisegirl »

gave up halfway through the first episode.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Love the ultra liberal character and the shit that he comes out with. Not too keen on the other characters but still a good watch.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:it;s not clear who his targets actually are.

Eh?

WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

subsub wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:it;s not clear who his targets actually are.

Eh?

What I meant to say was when Cohen did the interviews, he largely only succeeded in showing how polite his subjects were rather than emphasising their own faults and weaknesses. All that really happened was they were tested to the limits of their patience as opposed to their stupidity, or racist beliefs. As with Robert Spencer who was lulled into looking like he wanted to bum Muslim terrorist suspects, it became rather banal and excruciating. Well in my opinion really. What I guess I'm really trying to say is that you don't end up raging at the sot of individual who voted in Trump but feeling almost embarrassed by watching them making anuses of themselves in the series.

Borat was very funny as was Ali G. Not so much Bruno though but this really missed a trick.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Cohen is a very disturbed individual who is unlikely to ever find peace
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Lord Notin Kwestion

I’ve met him and Isla a few times and they are surprisingly down to earth and very very funny.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Me too My Lord and he flicked a lit cig at me
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:I’ve met him and Isla a few times and they are surprisingly down to earth and very very funny.

:)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:I’ve met him and Isla a few times

Lucky bastard.
WOKE AND PROUD

Lord Notin Kwestion

subsub wrote:
Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:I’ve met him and Isla a few times

Lucky bastard.

PHWOAARRR!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Bits have looked alright and quite funny, but its fairly dated.

How stupid are Americans though, esp the Israeli character who's make up you can see from 3000 miles away.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.