6.5 Shirley
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Strictly come dancing 2018

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:6.5 Shirley

Bewtiful, Mike. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Carlos J wrote:Keeping the snogging bad man till last. Good old BBC for ratings. 8)

haha I blacked-out before the end. But I knew they'd do that. I thought Shirley looked good in her tin foil dress. I'd like to baste her backside with my own personal lard. I'd never head of that Seann fella, but from what I see of him he comes across as a complete wanker.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Will there be a year when the BBC decide enough is enough and scrap this ?
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

subsub

Post by subsub »

ovechkin8 wrote:Will there be a year when the BBC decide enough is enough and scrap this ?

Not while it gets massive ratings, no.
WOKE AND PROUD

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

subsub wrote:
ovechkin8 wrote:Will there be a year when the BBC decide enough is enough and scrap this ?

A pity. There are so many serious issues going on in the world and half of the population seems to be in a sleep like daze drugged on mindless television. I suppose it's a distraction from reality. Guess they could always fit in another cookery show somewhere along the line. Late night repasts by Mary Berry who they will no doubt be wheeling out still in 2030 in a cryogenic chamber.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

subsub

Post by subsub »

ovechkin8 wrote:
subsub wrote:

A pity. There are so many serious issues going on in the world and half of the population seems to be in a sleep like daze drugged on mindless television. I suppose it's a distraction from reality. Guess they could always fit in another cookery show somewhere along the line. Late night repasts by Mary Berry who they will no doubt be wheeling out still in 2030 in a cryogenic chamber.
Are you suggesting they broadcast Panorama on Saturday at 7pm and Strictly late on a Monday?
WOKE AND PROUD

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

subsub wrote:
ovechkin8 wrote:
subsub wrote:

Are you suggesting they broadcast Panorama on Saturday at 7pm and Strictly late on a Monday?

In all seriousness no subsub. They should retain the slot on Saturday for entertainment as it was ever thus. People do need light relief (given the misery of the planet as a whole) but I think the quality of entertainment is not what it was.

And I would like to see Panorama beefed back up to an hour and a more serious approach to several other former stalwarts of the BBC which have become less focused on say the science and more populist and shallow. The Brain with David Eagleman was the last really outstanding series on science for me. A presenter who focused on the science, communicated the ideas clearly and was a leading expert in his field.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ovechkin8 wrote:People do need light relief (given the misery of the planet as a whole).

Tbf, I think the meeja is skewed somewhat to focus on and report on the misery. Life isn't actually too miserable for the vast majority of people. Watching no-mark slebs dancing around makes me miserble lol. I just tune in for the legs, tits and arse.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

carcinogen wrote:
ovechkin8 wrote:People do need light relief (given the misery of the planet as a whole).

Tbf, I think the meeja is skewed somewhat to focus on and report on the misery. Life isn't actually too miserable for the vast majority of people. Watching no-mark slebs dancing around makes me miserble lol. I just tune in for the legs, tits and arse.

You need to find a woman Carc ASAP. :wink: It's pretty low brow entertainment.But the masses lap it up. In this age of information you would think people would become more knowledgeable and self educated. It seems the opposite is happening.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Bring back the minstrels?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

And Open University lecture demos and the test card.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

kancutlawns wrote:And Open University lecture demos and the test card.

What about the potters wheel; infinitely better than much of today's rubbish.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

At least Katie piper is out .
Man U and rangers

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

theleader82 wrote:At least Katie piper is out .

So is the bloke who threw acid all over her face. Will he be on next year do you think?