Victoria Derbyshire cut back to one hour on BBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Victoria Derbyshire cut back to one hour on BBC

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Face Me Horse ! Even kidnapping Carl was never as bad as this thread.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

The End

Post by The End »

Carc, I simply give up.

You know how callous you were being in this thread. To try and defend yourself is awful.

I shall hope I refrain fron ever comnunicating with you again.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

theleader82 wrote:
The End wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
The End wrote: I didn't give you any abuse. I asked you a question which you've failed to answer.

Fincho was clearly commenting on the programme, of which I have no interest. You, meanwhile, were making a par-for-the-course pointless and tasteless dig at another female in the media.

*sigh*. Smoking is linked to cancer, Victoria had cancer, perhaps smoking contributed to her cancer. I know, it's quite an outrageous assumption. Sometimes I feel as though I am communcating via a Ouija Board attempting to contact the dead.

Smoking is linked to lung cancer.

Fucking hell, its a bit sick using cancer as a way to troll.

Smoking is linked to a number of cancers. It creates free radicals in the body which can cause mutations in cells . https://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors/smoking

I've worked on hundreds of building sites and the hardest workers always smoke and drink.

And have you noticed how we never get any of those old pensioners on the box these days when they hit 110 revealing the secret of long life? No? That's because no one is living that old nowadays and the ones that do have done so because they all smoked a minimum of 40 a day.

What's more, smoking should be an entry requirement for all hopefuls looking to come into the UK as they contribute a lot in tax.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:have you noticed how we never get any of those old pensioners on the box these days when they hit 110 revealing the secret of long life? No? That's because no one is living that old nowadays

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/a ... ar-BBNoA6c

Amazing Grace! Britain's oldest person reveals the secret to a long life is a dram of whisky a day as she celebrates her 112th birthday today

Britain's oldest person is celebrating her 112th birthday today and has revealed the secret to her long life is a dram of whisky every day for the last six decades. Grace Jones, known to her friends as 'Amazing Grace', reached the landmark age after the death of Olive Evelyn Boar, from Felixstowe, Suffolk, in August at the age of 113.

And, by coincidence, she also takes the title from another Grace Jones, a South Londoner, born 1899, who also died at the age of 113, in November 2013. The new record holder however puts her longevity is down to a nightcap of Famous Grouse single malt whisky every evening for the last 62 years.

Mrs Jones, a Liverpudlian by birth, was born on September 16, 1906 - only five years after the death of Queen Victoria.

She has lived through 26 prime ministers and survived both world wars.
The mother-of-one, who lives in Broadway, Worcs, said: 'I never miss my night cap. All I have is the whisky at night. Whisky is very good for you. I started having a nightly tot of it when I turned 50 so I've been having it every night for the last 60 years and I certainly have no intention of stopping now.

'My doctor said 'keep up with the whisky Grace, it's good for your heart.'
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:have you noticed how we never get any of those old pensioners on the box these days when they hit 110 revealing the secret of long life? No? That's because no one is living that old nowadays

Amazing Grace! Britain's oldest person reveals the secret to a long life is a dram of whisky a day as she celebrates her 112th birthday today

Britain's oldest person is celebrating her 112th birthday today and has revealed the secret to her long life is a dram of whisky every day for the last six decades. Grace Jones, known to her friends as 'Amazing Grace', reached the landmark age after the death of Olive Evelyn Boar, from Felixstowe, Suffolk, in August at the age of 113.

And, by coincidence, she also takes the title from another Grace Jones, a South Londoner, born 1899, who also died at the age of 113, in November 2013. The new record holder however puts her longevity is down to a nightcap of Famous Grouse single malt whisky every evening for the last 62 years.

Mrs Jones, a Liverpudlian by birth, was born on September 16, 1906 - only five years after the death of Queen Victoria.

The mother-of-one, who lives in Broadway, Worcs, said: 'I never miss my night cap. All I have is the whisky at night. Whisky is very good for you. I started having a nightly tot of it when I turned 50 so I've been having it every night for the last 60 years and I certainly have no intention of stopping now.

Haha and top stuff Sub. :-D

Have yourself a good short and a packet of Park Drive and you too will attain the secret of long life.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

Have yourself a good short and a packet of Park Drive and you too will attain the secret of long life.

My last job involved writing about whisky, and every year we prayed that Grace would survive another year. The response we got to this story was ridiculous - just hundreds of people tagging their mates, telling them "I TOLD YOU SO!" etc :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

My last job involved writing about whisky, and every year we prayed that Grace would survive another year. The response we got to this story was ridiculous - just hundreds of people tagging their mates, telling them "I TOLD YOU SO!" etc :mrgreen:

You're whisky thread was quite good actually, but I was on a ban at the time so could not stick my nose in to comment.

You did point out a good issue though, that single malts are in fact a blend of different barrels so there are in fact lots of them all purporting to be the same thing.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

You're whisky thread was quite good actually, but I was on a ban at the time so could not stick my nose in to comment.

You did point out a good issue though, that single malts are in fact a blend of different barrels so there are in fact lots of them all purporting to be the same thing.

Is this the one you mean?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27493&p=1306988#p1306988

Bumped for you to have your say before your next time kicked off . :D
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I'll give him his due, Sub knows what he's talking about when it's on the subject of whisky.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:I'll give him his due, Sub knows what he's talking about when it's on the subject of whisky.

:D
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I'll give him his due, Sub knows what he's talking about when it's on the subject of whisky.

I'll have you know, that small comment took about ten minutes to write. I deleted a variation of about ten other paragraphs before I took the final decision to post.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

subsub wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of grace when olive Evelyn boar died?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

beingsoblase wrote:Does anyone know the whereabouts of grace when olive Evelyn boar died?

I do love the organic way that these posts evolve. I do get a perverse pleasure watching how Victoria has the abilty to walk AND read an autocue simultaneously. Well done you! Big round of applause please for Vicky. Meanwhile back in the production office a young BBC intern wipes aways the tears following one of Ms. Derbyshire's tirades where she attacked her for being 'useless' and 'incompetant'. Of course, you didn't hear that from me. Victoria is a true professional and would never bully staff. She really is a lovely woman. Like Kay Burley.

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

finchman

Post by finchman »

subsub wrote:

Partial to the odd drop myself, although I'm not a fan of the Islay peaty stuff.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Knew a few people who worked with her when she was presenting the breakfast show at Radio Manchester. None of them had a good word for her. Unpleasant in the extreme.
There's no poem, just prose.