This media obsession with American politics.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
finchman

This media obsession with American politics.

Post by finchman »

It's as if I'm watching telly from a ranch in fucking Texas,
fucking phoney plastic faced yanks talking utter shit.
Do the BBC and sky really believe your average working Brit gives a fuck about American politics?
Mind you makes a change from that cunt Khan blaming another London stabbing on 'the tories'.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

carcinogen

Re: This media obsession with American politics.

Post by carcinogen »

You pre-empted me. See the mid-term thread.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

A welcome break from Brexit.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

I think it is absolutely fascinating.....much more interesting than than watching dull Tory twats trying to justify “austerity”, Brexit and the rest of their 19th century rhetoric.

I have been glued to CNN all night and half the morning.

Great to see the first stage of the American fight back again Trump taking root in t’ House :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

The End

Post by The End »

It's car crash telly.

What annoys me more than anything about the obsession is why we - outside the US - need to hear dildo Trump's stupid views on any world event. I don't give a FUCK what a madman thinks about anything.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:Great to see the first stage of the American fight back again Trump taking root in t’ House :drinkers:

:dart:

Spot on, Pet :D
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Same kind of feeble fightback Corbyn has performed against May, ie pathetic.

I mean, how incompetent do you have to be to not have 100% of people think your party is better than 2 complete fuckwits like Theresa May's and Donald Trump's.

It is staggering.
Build Back More Betterer

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

It went entirely as predicted and to the same pattern as virtually every US midterm election for the past century.
Theres a mild swing against the Presidential party. No overwhelming tide against whatever evil tyrant is in power, and no thumping endorsement of the Saviour in the Whitehouse.
It even happened that way when the Great Holy One was in the Whitehouse before Trump.

As predictable and thrilling as Labour holding Barnsley or the Tories holding Harrogate.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yup, literally nothing happened.

He is certain to win a second term.
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I suspect the MSM - including the ever hopeful BBC and C4 - were hoping for some democrat revolution, an angry repudiation of the wispy haired lothario and overwhelming control of both Houses. After all they were going all out to get the voters out, from ghetto to graveyard. This, after the apathy of Hillary's pretending to be human and falling over all the time failed to enthuse their base in the Presidential election.
This was the time when those sulking (and genuinely cheated) Sanderistas would come back to the fold to sweep Trump aside.

The right leaning media - such as it is - were hoping for the flyover country folk to pack thei rifles back in the rack in the pick up truck and drive out and vote republican in hordes. Show those Hollyweird celebutards and those panty waist faggots on the left and right coasts where to stick their transgendered and safe spaces. Possibly with a little less certainty than the left but still hopeful.

Never under estimate the ability of the professional media to divorce itself from reality.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Good post apart from the unnecessary frog speak at the end.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Va te faire foutre :D
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Depending who you get your reports from, for the first few hours of today I couldn't work out if Trump had won or lost ,relatively speaking of course.

The 'blue wave' never happened and let's face it they mustered everything they had to get as far as they could.
Nevertheless we were fed a diet of the Dems now have all the ammo they need to bring Trump down. On other channels Trump was laughing at the losers in blue. you really could not work it our through sheer partisan reporting.

But, given Trump is literally Hitler, it seems the chance has gone and the Yanks really do like Hitler after all.

It's going to be even harder working out what's going on with the wave of derangement we'll now get from the same mental cases we had before.

Only Hillman can shed light on this as the forum's 'wise elder statesman'. Where the fuck is he?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:Va te faire foutre :D

No idea but I think they said rain. :)