Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 29

Jon Gout

Re: The Liam Neeson Scandal

Post by Jon Gout »

It is odd that Piers was so outraged by this. He's made his living off judging entire groups based on the actions of individuals.

Most people do that anyway (because most people are thick).

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Piers Morgan is just a bandwagon jumping cunt
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jon Gout wrote:That page is about some bikers in the US being annoyed that they're not allowed access to restaurants while wearing certain items of clothing related to riding bikes. I'm not sure anyone with even a quarter of a brain would compare that to the severity of racial discrimination against black people.
You said that discrimination against bikers disappeared centuries ago, which was a load of bollocks. However, if you didn't like that one pick any of thousands off the internet.

Moreover, the comparison between racial discrimination and other discrimination is irrelevant in this case, the point is the number of morons getting excited about an anger filled comment made two score year ago is pathetic. Anyone who paints their front door black is a racist these days.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Zambo wrote:You said that discrimination against bikers disappeared centuries ago, which was a load of bollocks.

I didn't say that at all. I said that there obviously wouldn't be "the same arm waving" if the rapist had been a biker and Neeson went out looking for bikers since bikers haven't been victims of discrimination for centuries (in the same way that black people have). Do you have trouble reading or are you just dumb?

Also, if you think that comparison is irrelevant then perhaps you shouldn't have made it.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

'Obviously not since bikers haven't been the victims of discrimination for centuries'.

That sounds like all bikers to me. I didn't see any reference to 'some', nor did I see any to 'not all'. Neither did you say there wouldn't be the same arm waving. Nor did you say 'in the same way black people have'. Perhaps you need to read through your posts before you press the tit in future.

It was a complete overreaction as usual by the professionally offended on behalf of someone else crowd of morons.

Black and white as most things are.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Bikers haven't been the victims of discrimination for centuries because motorcycles haven't existed for centuries. Do you really need that explaining to you? I didn't think it was difficult to understand.

You saying "Would there be....?" and me replying "Obviously not", is me saying there wouldn't be. Is English your first language?

"someone else crowd of morons"

I assume not.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Haven't existed for centuries? I could have sworn I saw one or two today when I was on my way to my English class.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Yes, they've only existed for around 130 years.

We get it, you're as thick as pig shit. You don't need to keep making it even more obvious.

Maybe in your next English class you'll learn about verbs.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

That's four lots of personal abuse. I think we'll leave it there.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

John Barnes getting loads of abuse on Twatter about his comments. Whilst he's commendable in sticking his head above the parapet and saying what he thought, he's a twat for saying that Neeson deserves a medal. A medal for saying he wanted to go and kill any black man he could find?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Neeson is a fine actor and has apologised for his actions. He is from Ireland which isn’t as diverse as London
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Diverse in what way?

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

His accent was half MON and half Sean Connery in the first interview. :D

You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Anyone who doesn't know the bloke can't judge on one anger filled statement. He looks back on what he said, and admits it was a foolish thing to do and to say. Many will interpret his actions has prejudice towards all black people, and if he held the views over a period of time, then yes, I think he would be correctly judged as a racist.

However, if say, the rapist had been a biker, and Neeson said he went out looking for bikers, would there have bee the same arm waving?

Zambo I have to agree with you as he is telling the truth about how he felt over 30 years ago and do not believe his statement to be racist. I applaud his courage in admitting it and then seeking help to move of from his anger.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Neeson's success with Taken has typecast him into this revenge taking role which he seems to be doing in every movie. I think he's lost sight he was one a decent actor and has been thinking too much about these roles.

Tbh, given that his wife died suddenly it's no surprise if the guy still has psychological issues. I don't think he's ever got over that and just seems to be drifting as an actor.

He needs to make the transition into character actor parts, he's looking like a parody as a leading man.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>