No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: This Time with Alan Partridge

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Lorra naysayers
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Every Partridge thing since the Gibson brothers got involved has been great (except when Coogan was in character in some interviews, plus that TFI Friday crap). This was crap though.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Shite. Been there done that. Smacks of the BBC attempting to parody itself. Fair play to Coogan (the cunt) he's rinsing the corporation for all it's worth. The BEEB really is in dire straits. The Oxbridge execs who work there believe the populous want Richard Osmond presenting everything. A bigger cunt I have yet to discover. Richard is their idea of 'talent'. He's a fucking wanker. Just in the same way that born-again Christian cunt Dan Walker is.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

carcinogen wrote:Shite. Been there done that. Smacks of the BBC attempting to parody itself. Fair play to Coogan (the cunt) he's rinsing the corporation for all it's worth. The BEEB really is in dire straits. The Oxbridge execs who work there believe the populous want Richard Osmond presenting everything. A bigger cunt I have yet to discover. Richard is their idea of 'talent'. He's a fucking wanker. Just in the same way that born-again Christian cunt Dan Walker is.

Who's Richard Osmond? Jimmy's older brother?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

VeritasVincit wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Shite. Been there done that. Smacks of the BBC attempting to parody itself. Fair play to Coogan (the cunt) he's rinsing the corporation for all it's worth. The BEEB really is in dire straits. The Oxbridge execs who work there believe the populous want Richard Osmond presenting everything. A bigger cunt I have yet to discover. Richard is their idea of 'talent'. He's a fucking wanker. Just in the same way that born-again Christian cunt Dan Walker is.

He's a self-serving supercilious smug cunt. That's all you need to know.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The BBC flogged a dead horse. They constantly play it safe and stick to the same old faces. Lame.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

VeritasVincit wrote:

Is some kind of researcher on a TV quiz show I think.

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote:

The brother of the bassist in Suede. Not that he ever mentions it… :roll:
WOKE AND PROUD

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Wooosh to the lot of you. Richard Osmond is no one, as Veritas knows. Richard Osman is the brother of the Suede bassist.

He's only ubiquitous on the BBC if you exclusively watch comedy panel shows and daytime quizzes - which would probably say more about you than anything else.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Isn’t he just a sidekick? Thought that Armstrong is the star of the show.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

I feel this thread has slid off topic a bit. :shock:

I've only consciously watched Pointless a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure the chemistry between the two presenters and the way they interact with the contestants is part of why people like the show. If you removed Richard Osman, it would be a different show.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Going to set my comedy bar low by watching the universally panned 'Warren' before Alan: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/warren/s01/reviews/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?