Alistair Campbell - Depression and Me

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
shivah

Alistair Campbell - Depression and Me

Post by shivah »

Who cares about that war mongering cunts mental health?
Grunt is a Chunt.

finchman

Re: Alistair Campbell - Depression and Me

Post by finchman »

Not me,he's a massive deluded cunt.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Funnily enough, he has useful things to say about depression and is quite open about his own experiences.

There are a few people on here who acknowledge their depression and others who are pretty clearly depressed but don't seem to realise it; but it comes out in the way they behave.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
There are a few people on here who acknowledge their depression and others who are pretty clearly depressed but don't seem to realise it; but it comes out in the way they behave.

Wow, that's a new one. The arrogance of that, believing you can diagnose depression, based on what someone posts on an internet message board. A qualified psychiatrist would be struggling to do that

Still, I suppose it makes a change from the usual when opinions aren't shared.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

shivah

Post by shivah »

Hillman avenger wrote:Funnily enough, he has useful things to say about depression and is quite open about his own experiences.

The point is this evil bastard has caused not just depression but death, mayhem, murder etc just about everywhere his evil fingers touched.
I don't give a shit about Campbell suffering, but I do give a shit about his victims suffering.
Grunt is a Chunt.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Don't ever suffer from depression.You wont like it !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

shivah wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Funnily enough, he has useful things to say about depression and is quite open about his own experiences.

The point is this evil bastard has caused not just depression but death, mayhem, murder etc just about everywhere his evil fingers touched.
I don't give a shit about Campbell suffering, but I do give a shit about his victims suffering.

This.

He's a cunt.

Hillman avenger

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

Wow, that's a new one. The arrogance of that, believing you can diagnose depression, based on what someone posts on an internet message board. A qualified psychiatrist would be struggling to do that

There are people on here whose entire world seems to be about what happens here, as though it is the real world, and who are relentlessly negative. Two symptoms of depression: withdrawal and negativity.
It's sad people can't see beyond Campbell's career and at least sample what he has to say about depression. I read his book and found it useful and candid.
As for the endless "cunting" I find it remarkable that right in front of us we are witnessing "cuntery" which makes Campbell look a real amateur, but without comment.

shivah

Post by shivah »

What a cunt.

Grunt is a Chunt.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

There are people on here whose entire world seems to be about what happens here, as though it is the real world, and who are relentlessly negative. Two symptoms of depression: withdrawal and negativity.
It's sad people can't see beyond Campbell's career and at least sample what he has to say about depression. I read his book and found it useful and candid.
As for the endless "cunting" I find it remarkable that right in front of us we are witnessing "cuntery" which makes Campbell look a real amateur, but without comment.

I think that saying posters on here who disagree with you are depressed without realising it, is a pretty low shot to be honest. It's as bad as saying they are deluded or thick in my opinion. People make up there minds about all sort of subjects based on all sorts of reasons, research, personal experience being a couple of them. Why not just accept that?

Hillman avenger

As you are a mod I am really disappointed you haven't read what I wrote.

I said there were people on here who are depressed; some who know it, and some who don't. It had nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing with me. Not even specifically D and D.

In fact this thread is an example. "Campbell is a cunt". Therefore you pay no attention to what he says. Really clever. Even if you could benefit.

This whole forum is cursed by people condemning ideas and views they do not understand because they think the person saying it is a cunt. No wonder the argument is so poor.

An example. I hated Michael Portillo. I listened to what he said when he worked for Thatcher. Out-of-touch, cruel and arrogant. But I went to see him speak last year and I realised he has understood how wrong he was and he is now a thoughtful and open man.

And I listen to what people who I disagree with have to say. I went to UKIP meetings at election time, rather than just condemn them out of hand. I KNOW why they are wrong. I KNOW just how wrong Farage is, and can tell you why. I can tell you why Brexit will put us in economic blight for years. I can show you how much trouble there will be when (some) Brexit supporters finally realise that it will now remove asians and blacks from our society.

By the way as for Campbell, a bit of knowledge wouldn't harm people. And a bit of knowledge of his predecessors like Bernard Ingham

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:As you are a mod I am really disappointed you haven't read what I wrote.

What has being a mod got to do with it ? Are you saying mods should be better readers?

I said there were people on here who are depressed; some who know it, and some who don't. It had nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing with me. Not even specifically D and D.

Firstly, I find it breathtakingly arrogant, for you to say that there are some people on here who are depressed, but don't know about it. What are you basing that diagnosis on, and who are they? Furthermore, I think it's everything to do with agreeing and not agreeing, as I think your list will prove. Prove me wrong, by telling us who is depressed from the left, but doesn't know they are. It's just another way of saying you don't agree with me, so there's something wrong with you. It's a low tactic.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Meant to say, watched the programme about him last night, and it proved that being depressed is a dark place to be, and I have some sympathy for him. I don't think he can use it as an excuse for being a cunt though. A very arrogant and umpleasant man.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Alistair Campbell is a lying, patronising, warmongering bully, who plays the depression card to get attention. If he doesn't warrant being called a cunt, then no-one does.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

About as believable as Roxanne Pallet
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN