Alistair Campbell - Depression and Me

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Sid Pervcat

Re: Alistair Campbell - Depression and Me

Post by Sid Pervcat »

He may well be depressed.
This does not stop him being a warmongering shitcunt.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Yeah nobody really has depression,it's all made up :rolleyes:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

It is amazing how quickly discussing mental health has become normalised. Not too long ago people were worried talking about this stuff at work in case they were viewed as weak. Much progress has been made, just need the NHS funding to make it worthwhile.

Counselling should be available for everyone on the NHS.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote:It is amazing how quickly discussing mental health has become normalised. Not too long ago people were worried talking about this stuff at work in case they were viewed as weak. Much progress has been made, just need the NHS funding to make it worthwhile.

Counselling should be available for everyone on the NHS.

Agreed, and whilst drugs can play their part, their side effects and withdrawal symptoms are underplayed by GPs.

More people should be encouraged to go and try CBT.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Darkyboy wrote:Alistair Campbell is a lying, patronising, warmongering bully, who plays the depression card to get attention. If he doesn't warrant being called a cunt, then no-one does.

Possibly the most stupid comment of the year so far.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:As you are a mod I am really disappointed you haven't read what I wrote.

What has being a mod got to do with it ? Are you saying mods should be better readers?

I said there were people on here who are depressed; some who know it, and some who don't. It had nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing with me. Not even specifically D and D.

Firstly, I find it breathtakingly arrogant, for you to say that there are some people on here who are depressed, but don't know about it. What are you basing that diagnosis on, and who are they? Furthermore, I think it's everything to do with agreeing and not agreeing, as I think your list will prove. Prove me wrong, by telling us who is depressed from the left, but doesn't know they are. It's just another way of saying you don't agree with me, so there's something wrong with you. It's a low tactic.

I am saying that if you are a mod you should be reading what people post, not what you would like them to have posted so you can slap them.
What list?
I am making a serious point. There are people on this forum who appear to have no life beyond it; people who relentlessly, on every topic, look to be negative. No sense of perspective, no willingness or capability to engage apparently in case it challenges some aspect of their beliefs.Quick to anger to try to cope.
Nothing whatever to do with left, right , centre or anything else.
All classic symptoms of depression.
If you can't see that I am amazed.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:As you are a mod I am really disappointed you haven't read what I wrote.

What has being a mod got to do with it ? Are you saying mods should be better readers?

I said there were people on here who are depressed; some who know it, and some who don't. It had nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing with me. Not even specifically D and D.

Firstly, I find it breathtakingly arrogant, for you to say that there are some people on here who are depressed, but don't know about it. What are you basing that diagnosis on, and who are they? Furthermore, I think it's everything to do with agreeing and not agreeing, as I think your list will prove. Prove me wrong, by telling us who is depressed from the left, but doesn't know they are. It's just another way of saying you don't agree with me, so there's something wrong with you. It's a low tactic.

I am saying that if you are a mod you should be reading what people post, not what you would like them to have posted so you can slap them.
What list?
I am making a serious point. There are people on this forum who appear to have no life beyond it; people who relentlessly, on every topic, look to be negative. No sense of perspective, no willingness or capability to engage apparently in case it challenges some aspect of their beliefs.Quick to anger to try to cope.

Maybe they just like shitposting?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

On Campbell I respect that he's been very open about his mental health and honest that he's turned down many lucrative opportunities to protect himself. For someone whose public image was that of a bruiser its been a powerful narrative.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

His doctor would have given him the green light to bare his soul as unburdening does help.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

delboy1983 wrote:Yeah nobody really has depression,it's all made up :rolleyes:

Shut up Derek.
Stop trolling for sympathy.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Yeah nobody really has depression,it's all made up :rolleyes:

Shut up Derek.
Stop trolling for sympathy.

Who is trolling for sympathy ,certainly not me.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Alistair Campbell is a lying, patronising, warmongering bully, who plays the depression card to get attention. If he doesn't warrant being called a cunt, then no-one does.

Care to elaborate Doctor Hillman?
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Let's be careful out there:

Sid Pervcat wrote:He may well be depressed.
This does not stop him being a warmongering shitcunt.

Indeed.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:

What list?

You aren't getting it Hillman are you!?

Just because in your opinion, and let's be clear about that, it's your opinion, not a fact, you believe that some posters have no sense of perspective, do not engage in debate, and are always negative, it does not automatically mean they are clinically depressed and are ill.

As I said, it's amazing that you think that you have enough knowledge of members of this forum to pass that sort of judgement on them. To me, that is just another way of goading posters who don't agree with you. You need to step down of that tall horse.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

shivah

Post by shivah »

Hillman avenger wrote:

But a true comment.
Grunt is a Chunt.