Hatton Garden

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Petingo

Hatton Garden

Post by Petingo »

I binged on this over the last two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Amazing to think that a firm of old age pensioners pulled off the biggest heist in English criminal history.

And £10 million of the estimated £14 million they nabbed is still unaccounted for.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Hatton Garden

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:I binged on this over the last two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Amazing to think that a firm of old age pensioners pulled off the biggest heist in English criminal history.

And £10 million of the estimated £14 million they nabbed is still unaccounted for.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as well, Pet.

Excellent acting, especially from Spall & Cranham.

Though Spall has lost so much weight he looks really ill.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:I binged on this over the last two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Re: Spall. You are so right.
He's in the BBC's "Summer of Rockets" - Wednesday nights.
I never recognised him [had to check the cast list] - he looks as if he's wasting away.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

That's only because he has the skin of an old bloke who was once fat and lost all the weight. If he'd never ballooned up in the first place but was now the same size he'd look perfectly normal.

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Fancy doing a reccy in your own car, but very enjoyable
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:

He looks dreadful, doesn’t he.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Funny enough I did something similar. I read a book all about it whilst on holiday last year so was keen to watch this.

Always a bit fascinated by these sort of crimes.

Something that was mentioned in the book but not on TV was that they had to get permission from a powerful family as it was on their patch and that Basil was there as their person. Evidently he went to a specific number safe box first that held some documents that were wanted.......

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I need to watch this.

I mind it was even on Crimewatch and Basil was on it too. I'm probably wrong, but I'm sure there was an e-fit picture and the actual CCTV shot of him!

I mind there was a 'Orrible West Ham fans thread too and sure Roddy put Basil in there. :D :lol:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

It was well-made and I enjoyed it. Then a couple of days later I noticed one channel was showing the film made in 2016 so I watched that for comparison. In contrast to the series, the film was abysmal and changed things or skipped over things so briefly that I'd have been totally confused if I hadn't already seen the 4-parter.
I really am a biatch

hitlersboots

Post by hitlersboots »

Powerful family ? That'll be the Adams family - Terry, Tommy and Patsy. They made a fortune from the Brink's Mat (1983) and the missing £10 million from Hatton Garden is probably with them. Plenty of info about them on the interwebthing. But they are untouchable.
Talkforum is a truly appalling website.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Indeed. Some interesting books on the Brinks Mat raid. Ramifications from that are still going on.