Harry Hill

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Zambo

Harry Hill

Post by Zambo »

Watched the first of the new series of Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule on Saturday, and was extremely surprised to find that it made me laugh out loud, and I hadn't been snorting anything nor was I pissed.

This was probably the first time that had happened since the days of Fawlty Towers, Only Fools, and Allo Allo.

Can someone else watch it this week, as I really want a second opinion so I can gauge my sanity.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jon Gout

Re: Harry Hill

Post by Jon Gout »

I thought the new episode wasn't that good, liked the tiny leg checking the smoke alarm though. It's usually a very hit and miss show anyway, so I'll still watch it.

Much preferred that cooking show he did on Sky, though not sure if it was cancelled since it's been a while since it was on.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I’ve thought Hill to be a talentless twat since about 1996. Never really understood his appeal. Is it slapstick humour? Vic and Bob were far superior to him.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

kancutlawns wrote:I’ve thought Hill to be a talentless twat since about 1996. Never really understood his appeal. Is it slapstick humour? Vic and Bob were far superior to him.

You wouldn't let it lie. Not surprisingly people of different politics find different types of comedy funny.
I wouldn't want to go anywhere near what the Edinburgh Fringe has to offer as it is only for those whose entire catalogue
consists solely of anti-Trump and anti-Brexit jokes.
Others prefer the subtle Mother-in-Law jokes of Les Dawson, and Bernard Manning. The challenge is finding a comedian
of non-PC who is still alive,as upcoming ones are banned from the working circuit apart from Roy Chubby Brown.
We need a right-wing Frankie Boyle.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Harry is just harmless non-offensive sillyness, he doesn't tickle me that often but that's why he manages to get so many names to appear. I will though take up the challenge just to see if Z has forgotten his meds.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I liked his early TV Burp stuff. Very surreal .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Is or was Hawksbee still part of the writing team? He used to do TV burb.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

antdad wrote:Is or was Hawksbee still part of the writing team? He used to do TV burb.

He is.
There's no poem, just prose.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
antdad wrote:Is or was Hawksbee still part of the writing team? He used to do TV burb.

He is.

And they had him on last week.

Liked him when first on C4, and can see kancut's point, but was a few years behind Vic and Bob, and yes, not as good, but still amusing.

Gently morphed into Mr ITV's socalled wacky man as opposed to their straight men, drunken cunt Ant and Dec.

'TV Burp' had moments, 'You've Been Framed' gets coin.

And if you ever forget, he was a Doctor.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

One of the very few genuinely funny comics around IMO.
Godwin's law

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

ToRmAtO wrote:One of the very few genuinely funny comics around IMO.

Fuck sake, Torm. You've not seen Romesh, the funniest man in Christendom and other religions are available. Romesh is great. :roll:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:One of the very few genuinely funny comics around IMO.

Fuck sake, Torm. You've not seen Romesh, the funniest man in Christendom and other religions are available. Romesh is great. :roll:

He was funny a couple of years back and like it when he went to God forsaken countries like Albania but he’s an irritating twat these days who’s thrust on us at every given opportunity with the Beeb thinking that his over exposure and voracious coverage is appreciated by the viewership just as with Nadiya Hussain. She seems to be an authority on everything from baking brownies to
the whole of a Bangladesh village having no chairs to clinical depression.

He’s a fatuous, up his own backside, overweight, lazy, saggy eyelidded, Landaan geezer who’s the Tamil Adrian Durham possessing no charm whilst she’s a lovely baker who really is just that.

Very out of touch.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Nadiya's buns can cure world peace. :P Thank fuck that cunt is a Lankan Tamil. Tamil Nadu would be too horrible. He is an unfunny cunt, kancut as you correctly noted. Too much notice and quantity is not quality.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol: :lol:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Watched the first of the new series of Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule on Saturday, and was extremely surprised to find that it made me laugh out loud, and I hadn't been snorting anything nor was I pissed.

This was probably the first time that had happened since the days of Fawlty Towers, Only Fools, and Allo Allo.

Can someone else watch it this week, as I really want a second opinion so I can gauge my sanity.

He's very funny. Love the way they pore over hours of footage just for a throwaway gag.
And Paul Hawksbee's involved :)
WOKE AND PROUD