James O'Brien

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

James O'Brien

Post by kancutlawns »

I figured out that although there is an LBC thread, there is another required specifically dedicated to this marmite presenter. I know he's regarded by many as a pretentious cunt who hates and regularly takes the piss out of the Brexiteers and Trump supporters.

The thing I've noticed by listening regularly to his week day morning show over the past fortnight is when he calls on Toby Isherwood, the political editor, he plays a bugle with the words "calling the Isherwood!" to a big fanfare. When Isherwood then comes on, JOB then seems to indulge in a typically verbose monologue and then goes on to tie the editor up in knots at the end of which Isherwood goes off totally flummoxed and JOB seems to then feel he's achieved his mission. Isherwood's usually on LBC as early as 7.15 when he's talking to Ferrari so is probably a little tired by then and gets ushered off the show quite unceremoniously.

I can't work out if JOB is genuinely trying to have a cerebral debate or if he's taking the piss out of what I think is a right wing editor and trying to make him look a right twat. Steve, I know you follow Isherwood a little and others listeners like Holden, Alc, zippy, Finchy and kev may have an insight. Is JOB being a little mischievous?

On a wider note, is JOB a cunt?
Last edited by kancutlawns on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Gout

Re: James O'Brien

Post by Jon Gout »

He's fantastic at winding up Brexit Bigots, but I could never listen to a full show... too depressing.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

His book is quite good.

The Brexity types that phone in are political flat-earthers.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

kancutlawns wrote:I figured out that although there is an LBC thread, there is another required specifically dedicated to this marmite presenter. I know he's regarded by many as a pretentious cunt who hates and regularly takes the piss out of the Brexiteers and Trump supporters.

The thing I've noticed by listening regularly to his week day morning show over the past fortnight is when he calls on Toby Isherwood, the political editor, he plays a bugle with the words "calling the Isherwood!" to a big fanfare. When Isherwood then comes on, JOB then seems to indulge in a typically verbose monologue and then goes on to tie the editor up in knots at the end of which Isherwood goes off totally flummoxed and JOB seems to then feel he's achieved his mission. Isherwood's usually on LBC as early as 7.15 when he's talking to Ferrari so is probably a little tired by then and gets ushered off the show quite unceremoniously.

I can't work out if JOB is genuinely trying to have a cerebral debate or if he's taking the piss out of what I think is a right wing editor and trying to make him look a right twat. Steve, I know you follow Isherwood a little and others listeners like Holden, Alc, zippy, Finchy and kev may have an insight. Is JOB being a little mischievous?

100%

Barely hear a minute these days, enjoy looking at the graph showing the LBC audience plummeting when he's on air though.
There's no poem, just prose.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I haven't listen for years . It's just Remoaner FM . Very repetitive and boring.
It was The Mayor of Casterbridge on Radio4 extra.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

His Brexit stuff is better than other content. He's best when interviewing on podcasts. He's the only one to have got under Farage's skin which is no mean feat as many others have struggled. That's why Farage won't do interviews with him.

LBC has got a better balance of presenters than BBC or Sky...and Eddie Mair is still the best.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

black_guardian wrote:His Brexit stuff is better than other content. He's best when interviewing on podcasts. He's the only one to have got under Farage's skin which is no mean feat as many others have struggled. That's why Farage won't do interviews with him.

LBC has got a better balance of presenters than BBC or Sky...and Eddie Mair is still the best.

He was on fire last week when he came on right after Ferrari interviewed BJ. It was great listening.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

black_guardian wrote:His Brexit stuff is better than other content. He's best when interviewing on podcasts. He's the only one to have got under Farage's skin which is no mean feat as many others have struggled. That's why Farage won't do interviews with him.

You mean when he asked Farage about his comments on foreign speakers on the train?

Although Nigel doesn't seem to like foreigner speakers in public spaces he admits his kids .... erm ..... speak German both at home and out and about in the nation.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote:I figured out that although there is an LBC thread, there is another required specifically dedicated to this marmite presenter. I know he's regarded by many as a pretentious cunt who hates and regularly takes the piss out of the Brexiteers and Trump supporters.

*Theo Usherwood
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

That’s the one. Thanks Tedd.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote:That’s the one. Thanks Tedd.

You’re welcome. :wink:

He’s a class act that Usherwood, especially when explaining the previous days shenanigans to Steve Allen.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:That’s the one. Thanks Tedd.

You’re welcome. :wink:

He’s a class act that Usherwood, especially when explaining the previous days shenanigans to Steve Allen.

Allen's a right cunt, he started talking shite to Usherwod at the end of last week saying how much he likes talking abut Brexit. Makes a change from his daily outrage about fucking Love Island.

paolo

Post by paolo »

O’Brien is the burley of radio

Genuine scum
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

An absolute wanker of a man.

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

Definitely doing the right thing if he's yanking the chain of the last two contributors :dart: