Tipping Point-Lucky Stars
Celebrity Crystal Maze
With these four, Question 1 is always; “Who are these celebrities?”

Great British Car Journeys
The Thames with Tony Robinson
Celerity-Five Go Barging
Celebrity GoggleBox
Kirstie’s Celebrity Craft Masters

PS They are not all on 'The State Broadcaster'.

The End

Re: Celebrity -Who?

Post by The End »

What's your point? Genuinely?

Don't watch those programmes.

It's dead easy. I haven't a clue about any of those programmes and the people contained within because I do other things.

Fucks sake.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I don't watch them. I jjust get peed off at the 'celebrity' cult on TV.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Anything to do with celebrities is just vacuous shit. Fuck knows why anyone would want to listen to them but planting what these establishment paid propagandists tell their useful idiots who follow them what they should be thinking with their impressionable minds seems to work amazingly well.

None of this bullshit works with people outside this impressionable and lost generation.

When they leave school, university, the common room and Antifa they start to adopt more sensible views.

The End

Post by The End »

VeritasVincit wrote:I don't watch them. I jjust get peed off at the 'celebrity' cult on TV.

You don't watch them but you do?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

m4rkb wrote:None of this bullshit works with people outside this impressionable and lost generation.

Impressionable and lost old people? Because that's exactly who watches the slop listed in the opening post. See:

Pointless: Glen Matlock, Slim Jim, Barbara Dickson, Ralph McTell, Keith Duffy, Brian McFadden, Sonique and Toyah Wilcox.

The Chase: Matt Allright, Stacey Solomon, Louise Minchin and Keith Allen.

Tipping Point: David Ginola, Janet-Street Porter and Chris Hughes.

It ain't anyone other than old biddies enjoying that.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

You do seem to enjoy a good keyboard gnashing when you are thrown a fish.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The End wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:I don't watch them. I jjust get peed off at the 'celebrity' cult on TV.

No. Just find them in the schedules when looking for something interesting, which is often a forlorn search.
So last night we watched a recording of The Ladykillers.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Jon Gout wrote:
m4rkb wrote:None of this bullshit works with people outside this impressionable and lost generation.

Impressionable and lost old people? Because that's exactly who watches the slop listed in the opening post. See:

Pointless: Glen Matlock, Slim Jim, Barbara Dickson, Ralph McTell, Keith Duffy, Brian McFadden, Sonique and Toyah Wilcox.

Barbara Dickson - I Know her So well
Ralph McTell sang Streets of London. (No mention of stabbings in that song).
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jon Gout wrote:

Keith Allen. Fuck me, how the mighty have fallen.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The End wrote:

The point he’s making is that he (and others of us) don’t watch them but the cult of personality extends to whenever you turn on the radio, open a paper, buy things at the checkout where you see magazines with shitty celebs and general celeb culture is thrown at us when we don’t ask to see them. TS is reputedly a sport station yet there are countless references to Love Island, CBB and other shows for the terminally braindead. 5Dead is the same as are local music stations.

He’s not watching the shows he decries, that’s the point. He hates celeb culture and that’s what he’s commenting on, Besides, you don’t live in this country and don’t have a TV, so you may not be aware as to the extent of this bug bear.

The End

Post by The End »

kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:

The point he’s making is that he (and others of us) don’t watch them but the cult of personality extends to whenever you turn on the radio, open a paper, buy things at the checkout where you see magazines with shitty celebs and general celeb culture is thrown at us when we don’t ask to see them. TS is reputedly a sport station yet there are countless references to Love Island, CBB and other shows for the terminally braindead. 5Dead is the same as are local music stations.

He’s not watching the shows he decries, that’s the point. He hates celeb culture and that’s what he’s commenting on, Besides, you don’t live in this country and don’t have a TV, so you may not be aware as to the extent of this bug bear.

Just ignore it. Surely this apparent bombardment only occurs sporadically during a given day?

I'm back in the UK tomorrow for 3 weeks and I know the cult of celebrity won't bother me in the slightest, just like every time I come home.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I am disappointed no one is throwing work to the surviving Chuckle brother.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

The End wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:

Just ignore it. Surely this apparent bombardment only occurs sporadically during a given day?

I'm back in the UK tomorrow for 3 weeks and I know the cult of celebrity won't bother me in the slightest, just like every time I come home.

End, I'm being totally genuine here, while you're back in the UK let us know how many times you hear about celeb/reality shows without actually watching them.

Because this stuff is usually touted as news, shitty radio stations will talk about nothing else, all the tabloids will have this stuff on their front pages, then these people start doing the celebrity show circuit as listed above and it all starts again.

My point is even if you don't watch these programmes, you can't get away from hearing about them.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."