Why are the BBC....

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Why are the BBC....

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:If it wasn't for Neighbours, I wouldn't watch the BBC at all. Utter dross.

Spoken like a true Daily Mail reader.
You do believe everything you read in that little rag, don't you?

What an awful program Neighbours is. Have you seen the ratio of white people on there ? Extremely low on diversity to be realistic.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:The Daily Mail prints quite a load of bollocks

Finally, something we can both agree on :D
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:The Guardian on the other hand prints bollocks from front cover to last

I don't agree with some of what The Guardian publishes.
But at least it doesn't whip up intolerance and hatred, unlike some of the right-wing press in this country.
The Guardian can be toe-curlingly hand-wringy at times, and preachy, but in general, the message is one of inclusion and understanding, the very opposite of a nasty little rag like the DM.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:If it wasn't for Neighbours, I wouldn't watch the BBC at all. Utter dross.

What a very odd reply. You seem to think that all people who disagree with you, post opinions based on what they have read in a newspaper.

My opinion on the BBC is based on the shit that they broadcast, not what someone else says. You would do well to take a hint from that.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
subsub wrote:

What an awful program Neighbours is. Have you seen the ratio of white people on there ? Extremely low on diversity to be realistic.

The Mail says it one of the best programmes on tv. That's the only reason I watch it. You seem to know a lot about it as well :D

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

What a very odd reply. You seem to think that all people who disagree with you, post opinions based on what they have read in a newspaper.

My opinion on the BBC is based on the shit that they broadcast, not what someone else says. You would do well to take a hint from that.

But the frequency with which you quote the Daily Mail would suggest that you believe a fair bit of what you read in it.
And if that's the case, then you're definitely going to be anti-BBC, because the Mail has an anti-BBC agenda (as you well know).
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

But the frequency with which you quote the Daily Mail would suggest that you believe a fair bit of what you read in it.
And if that's the case, then you're definitely going to be anti-BBC, because the Mail has an anti-BBC agenda (as you well know).

I read all sources selectively. The Mail often highlights the injustices and inconsistencies in every day life, but it also has an agenda like most other outlets. It's easy to separate facts from bollocks, and no one has ever told me that any opinion expressed on here after referring to the Mail is bollocks.

It's all rather insulting to be accused of soaking up anything without being able to recognise and filter out the shite.

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

The Guardian peddles hate, lies, propaganda and fabricates too.

https://off-guardian.org/

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:I read all sources selectively. The Mail often highlights the injustices and inconsistencies in every day life, but it also has an agenda like most other outlets. It's easy to separate facts from bollocks, and no one has ever told me that any opinion expressed on here after referring to the Mail is bollocks.

It's all rather insulting to be accused of soaking up anything without being able to recognise and filter out the shite.

What I always struggle to understand though, Zambo, is that you're clearly an intelligent chap, which makes it all the more baffling why you read the Daily Mail.
Some of the articles you've linked to to prove a point are so obviously clickbait designed to enrage their readership (and succeeding in the most part).
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I read all sources selectively. The Mail often highlights the injustices and inconsistencies in every day life, but it also has an agenda like most other outlets. It's easy to separate facts from bollocks, and no one has ever told me that any opinion expressed on here after referring to the Mail is bollocks.

What I always struggle to understand though, Zambo, is that you're clearly an intelligent chap, which makes it all the more baffling why you read the Daily Mail.
Some of the articles you've linked to to prove a point are so obviously clickbait designed to enrage their readership (and succeeding in the most part).

So no 'intelligent chaps' read the Daily Mail. I could say exactly the same about those who watch the BBC, but I know of at least one who does.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Daily Mail and the Guardian have a couple of things in common. Quite a lot of their readers don't venture past the front door so rely on them to tell them what is going on. The difference is DM readers who fit this bracket are usually elderly or infirm while the Guardian reading muppets are still roundabout their thirties.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

There are posters who prefer to believe all they read in the DM ahead of what the BBC broadcast ? Wow !

I knew we had some educationally challenged posters but I honestly did not realise they were that dense. Takes all sorts I suppose.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Breaking news: No one believes 'everything' they read in the Daily Mail unless they are over 70 and never get out.

Anyone who still does not understand the BBC is a propaganda outlet is more retarded.

Welcome to their club

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Breaking news: No one believes 'everything' they read in the Daily Mail unless they are over 70 and never get out.

Anyone who still does not understand the BBC is a propaganda outlet is more retarded.

Welcome to their club

The major issue with the BBC's propaganda over all others though, is that we are forced to pay for its upkeep.
I am baffled that its defenders don't seem to see that.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"