Geezer wrote:Unbelievable has been good since far

I don't believe you.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

genehunt1973

Re: Netflix Has Gone Shite Recently

Post by genehunt1973 »

Enjoying the new series of Top Boy on Netflix
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ToRmAtO wrote:In the last couple of months or maybe a bit longer Netflix has become totally obsessed with bringing in predominately Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy programmes to their schedule. If this is your thing then great, but for me no.

Amazon Prime has recently introduced a whole heap of older series that were good at the time such as Monk, House, Ally McBeal, Bones, Smallville, Mentalist, Elementary, Leverage and on and on with some quite good new stuff like The Boys (a different slant on Sci-Fi) which was excellent IMO.

Now TV has some great stuff and a good balance of programmes too.

Netflix seems to me and I'm not trying to be sexist are going full-on for the male market, where in reality women usually rule the remote control.

Tell me how Now TV works.

I had it before, years ago, but it seemed I paid a set fee the had to pay extra to watch stuff so I dropped it.

Does it work the same as Netflix?

You just pay a fee and have access to Sky’s drama output?

I mostly watch subtitled foreign drama and Sky Arts was good for that but they now put that type of show on Sky Atlantic, which I as a Virgin subscriber cannot access.

I particularly want to watch Babylon Berlin and 1993.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's a way of watching tv without a contract. Owned by Sky and all you need to is create an account and choose from their selection pf passes, sports films etc. Can be viewed on most devices.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Petingo wrote:

I had it before, years ago, but it seemed I paid a set fee the had to pay extra to watch stuff so I dropped it.

I mostly watch subtitled foreign drama and Sky Arts was good for that but they now put that type of show on Sky Atlantic, which I as a Virgin subscriber cannot access.

We just took the TV programme package, so anything that isn't a Film or Sport you get including the ones you mention, you also get access to the live TV channels as well.
Godwin's law

Geezer
Forum Admin

Post by Geezer »

I hate adverts hence why I don’t watch TV so prime and Netflix works fine bar the superhero rubbish
'This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption.'

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

genehunt1973 wrote:Enjoying the new series of Top Boy on Netflix

Watched the whole series at the weekend. Superb stuff. Kano is a brilliant actor.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Zippy wrote:

Watched the whole series at the weekend. Superb stuff. Kano is a brilliant actor.

Agreed he's the best one in it
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

genehunt1973 wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Agreed he's the best one in it

Can't wait for series 4. Brilliant drama. The fire death scene was pretty grim... Great soundtrack by Brian Eno as well.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:

We just took the TV programme package, so anything that isn't a Film or Sport you get including the ones you mention, you also get access to the live TV channels as well.

Do you need a box or owt?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:

I have it built into the telly programmes as an app (LG TV). Stick is £14.95 .. https://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick there are other options. You get a 7 day free trial.
Godwin's law

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:

I have it built into the telly programmes as an app (LG TV). Stick is £14.95 .. https://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick there are other options. You get a 7 day free trial.

My Apple TV has a app for Now TV.

Would that be all I need?

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:

yes, just take the 7 day trial - entertainment package
Godwin's law

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Petingo wrote:

yes, just take the 7 day trial - entertainment package

OK....cheers, Torm :drinkers:

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Currently watching a Canadian drama called Bad Blood about the Mafia In Montreal with Kim Coates from SoA 8/10