Best Christmas TV 'special'?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Re: Best Christmas TV 'special'?

Post by carcinogen »

Does anyone happen to know if the UK Gold channel will be aired non-subscription over the Xmas period? It was last year. I can't find out any information. It's pretty much the only thing I tune into. Cheers ma dears.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the UK Gold channel will be aired non-subscription over the Xmas period? It was last year. I can't find out any information. It's pretty much the only thing I tune into. Cheers ma dears.

It isn't already?! Fucking hell, seeing as it's half owned by the BB fucking C, they've a fucking cheek making it subscription. Just when you think you cannot think any less of the BBC....
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

The league of gentlemen xmas special was brilliant. Probably the best thing they ever made.
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Basualdo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the UK Gold channel will be aired non-subscription over the Xmas period? It was last year. I can't find out any information. It's pretty much the only thing I tune into. Cheers ma dears.

It isn't already?! Fucking hell, seeing as it's half owned by the BB fucking C, they've a fucking cheek making it subscription. Just when you think you cannot think any less of the BBC....

Well, I have two words for you or an acronym and a word. A load of numbers here but they will blow you away, the money grabbing cunts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/bbcst ... ew-2017-18

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Carlos J wrote:
Salem wrote:I always dig out the Shameless Christmas special . Love it .
Also , i usually watch the Christmas episode of Benidorm . Very funny episode with a somewhat sad ending .
Have to be honest , i'm looking forward to the new Gavin and Stacey this year :oops: .

I really can be doing with cunt Corden.

Was at work but caught some on break. Never a fan of it, bit I saw wasn't great, all pissed singing 'Fairytale of New York' and Brydon faffing over the Christmas meal.

But unlike other threads in this section, they did sing 'Slut and drunk' and 'faggot'. Good old BBC allowing a song to be err sung. :?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

The 911 Christmas episode was excellent.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Just watched the “Give My Head Peace” Christmas edition.

Brilliant.

Uncle Andy was in top form :lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Basualdo wrote:

I didn’t know the BBC owned it.

Anyway....it comes as part of a Virgin or Sky basic package.

There is no separate subscription so far as I know.