TV shows I've never seen but should

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Re: TV shows I've never seen but should

Post by ToRmAtO »

Watchmen

I enjoyed the movie, and the first few episodes of the new TV series are a bit slow and confusing, however; things turned for the better as the last three episodes have been nothing short of excellent when everything they were keeping from you is now being revealed. Well worth a watch, series ends this weekend.
Godwin's law

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Banshee - smart and slick, utterly compelling and has some of the most violent scenes I've ever seen on TV - you'll have to track it down on 123 movies or the like - I haven't seen it pop up on Amazon or Netflix.

Atypical - A story about a young autistic lad trying to find his way in the world now that he's realised he wants to be more independent, the lead actor is so good that it's hard to believe he doesn't have autism himself, the whole family has their own story going on its very funny in places too.

Narcos - it is quite literally unbelievable in parts, if someone wrote this as a fictional drama you'd say it's too far fetched, the fact that it's based on true events makes it all the more compelling. Drug cartels aren't usually a subject matter I'm interested in, but I was sucked in by this, it's brilliant.

The Crown, I've watched 2 shows recently which on paper are absolute turn offs (the second to follow) for me, I would never have watched them off my own back but because the missus wanted to see them I sat down next to her and got hooked. This is astonishingly good, the makers turn every episode into a riveting drama and it brings to life events in recent British history that you've heard about but probably never bothered to find out any more - John Lithgow as Churchill is quite a revelation and Matt Smith and Claire Foy have the Queen and Philip down to a tee. I must say I have a bit of respect for the old bird these days after watching it, the way she's handled political upheavals and world historical events behind the scenes is quite amazing.

Poldark - I hate romantic slushy series and I find this whole era a real turn off so Poldark was a big "hell no" for me. I didn't bother watching the first series, but My missus loved it and when we went to Cornwall I found some of the locations and took her to see them, When we reached Charlestown which serves as the port of Truro, I though Fuck me, I can actually see how this would look in the 18th century I'll bet it hasn't changed a bit, so I watched series 1 just to see what they did with the locations, and by god it's good, lots of drama and a proper villain in George Warleggan - what a cunt. One of the stars of the show is undoubtedly the Cornish landscape - no wonder this has done wonders for the tourist industry, it's beautifully filmed.

"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Peaky Blinders
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Expanse, season 4, episode 9.

The best hour of TV I've watched in years. And that includes GoT and The Wire.

Really gripping stuff. And special effects so good that it puts all but the biggest movies to shame... No, scratch that, they're right up there with the best.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

Four words:

Halt
and
Catch
Fire

And you're welcome.
One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

Twin Peaks. Meh.
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Man_called_sun wrote:Four words:

Halt
and
Catch
Fire

And you're welcome.

It's good isn't it, the first three seasons especially.
Proud Gammon

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

Basualdo wrote:
Man_called_sun wrote:Four words:

Halt
and
Catch
Fire

And you're welcome.

It's good isn't it, the first three seasons especially.

A bottle of wine in, I misread this as 'TV Shows you've never seen but should'. :)

But yeah, it is very, very good.
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Tick.

It's slow to start but after the first couple of episodes it really gets into its stride and amazingly for a TV show gets funnier as it goes along. Peter Serafinowicz is fantastic as the giant blue unbelievably dim but indestructible superhero. And whoever plays the jazz drumming, Alexa arguing, arch villain, The Terror is just walking away with the show. But most of all the hot as fuck, dust attracting, embittered one eyed villainess Miss Lint. :wnk: :wnk:

Oh and a gay sentient superboat/superhero HQ called Dangerboat. Or Steve, to those who it is close to.

Everyone plays it perfectly straight and earnest which makes it even funnier. It has a very Venture Bros feel if anyone has seen that animated show and is even better and funnier. That's pretty high praise by the way.

I really recommend this show. Only two seasons made.
Proud Gammon

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Stockholm Requiem, another Scandinavian gem I came across on Sky Q.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Basualdo wrote:The Tick.

It's slow to start but after the first couple of episodes it really gets into its stride and amazingly for a TV show gets funnier as it goes along. Peter Serafinowicz is fantastic as the giant blue unbelievably dim but indestructible superhero. And whoever plays the jazz drumming, Alexa arguing, arch villain, The Terror is just walking away with the show. But most of all the hot as fuck, dust attracting, embittered one eyed villainess Miss Lint. :wnk: :wnk:

Oh and a gay sentient superboat/superhero HQ called Dangerboat. Or Steve, to those who it is close to.

Everyone plays it perfectly straight and earnest which makes it even funnier. It has a very Venture Bros feel if anyone has seen that animated show and is even better and funnier. That's pretty high praise by the way.

I really recommend this show. Only two seasons made.

Yeah that's great, I watched season 1 with the boys and we all liked it, so thanks for the reminder.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"