Curently Watching

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Man_called_sun

Re: Curently Watching

Post by Man_called_sun »

Halt and Catch Fire, second time around. Truly brilliant.

And yes, Kerry Bishe is there:

One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Didn't think it warranted a new thread, but the new series of Top Gear is on tonight. Anyone going to watch? I fear the worse because all the faux 'matey-matey' shite does my head in and Flintoff seems to be somewhat of a sociopath twat. Am I wrong? Should I give it a chance? It just seems all a bit 'too much', 'trying too hard'. Know what I mean? That other lad, from the dating show is alright in short bursts, like 5 secs per week, not sure I can stand a whole hour.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

ToRmAtO wrote:Just watched the first episode of Star Trek Picard, waiting until next Friday for the next.

Was a good opener.

Just seen the 2nd Episode, it's very good.

My only gripe is and it only happened once I think, I'm not keen on swearing on Star Trek.
Godwin's law

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

The Stranger on Netflix 8/10
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ToRmAtO wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:Just watched the first episode of Star Trek Picard, waiting until next Friday for the next.

Was a good opener.

My only gripe is and it only happened once I think, I'm not keen on swearing on Star Trek.

Picard, me too. Yeah, liking it. Not bad. Oooh those dastardly Romulans ... Grrrr.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

New series of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Still good. And what with the rise of the oh so sensitive millennial 'woke' generation it's the gift that keeps on giving .... haha.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

pUSHER tRILOGY.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

I'm watching a 1958 episode of Sunday Night at the London Palladium that was on Talking Pictures a few days ago.
Hosted by Tommy Trinder, one of the "acts" was Pinky and Perky. Even after all those years, and despite the fact they're puppets, it's amazing how much they still make me smile. :)

Trinder's just being doing Beat the Clock, and a couple won a radiogram. I remember my parents having one them when I was a kid.

Great stuff.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Yesterday, we decided ( well not me) that we would give the new Netflix Locke and Key a watch. Did 3 episodes.

It was much better than I thought it would be, and was watchable.
Godwin's law

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

carcinogen wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:

Was a good opener.

Picard, me too. Yeah, liking it. Not bad. Oooh those dastardly Romulans ... Grrrr.

Episode 3 was excellent, thoroughly enjoying Picard.
Godwin's law

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

ToRmAtO wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:

Was a good opener.

Watched the first one. I thought it was truly awful. Genuinely some of the worst shit I've seen in months. British kids TV level shit.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

ToRmAtO wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:

Was a good opener.

It's good.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

The new series of Better Call Saul started this week, it is still excellent viewing.
Godwin's law

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

carcinogen wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:

Was a good opener.

Being a trekkie, I hated (and gave up on) Discovery with its virtue signalling, and expected much of the same in Picard, - and in many ways it is (every strong or noble character is female for instance), - I also don't like the swearing, violence or general darkness (unlike Roddenberry's premise), but it does have Picard in it, and even as a doddery old man, it's still worth a watch as a result.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Watched the first 3 episodes (new series)of Better Call Saul; absolutely superb.

Watched the whole of the new series of Curb(up till now) Pretty, prettay shite apart from the 'Ugly Section' which was brilliant.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...