Curently Watching

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Bad Blue 2000

Re: Curently Watching

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Basualdo wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:39 pm I'm bingeing my way through old Red Letter Media 'Best of the Worst' movie episodes on YouTube. Highly recommended.
BOTW is my least favourite thing they do, I can't stand Jack and the other one.

Do you ever listen to their film commentaries on their website? Not the Plinkett ones, the ones with Mike, Jay and Dick the Birthday Boy?
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Yeah, I pretty much watch all the stuff they do.

The just did two 'Half in the Bag' Quarantine specials which were good.
And the forthcoming Plinkett Review of Picard is eagerly awaited, by me, at least.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

I've been following them for years, Stoklasa is a genuine comedy genius.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I'm in no way educated in the technical aspect of film or video, but even to me it's obvious that often the timing of his comedic editing (he's an editor by trade) are the best and funniest things about the vids.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Basualdo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:02 pm I'm in no way educated in the technical aspect of film or video, but even to me it's obvious that often the timing of his comedic editing (he's an editor by trade) are the best and funniest things about the vids.
Yeah, the cuts are either a second too short or three seconds too long.

Have you seen the Sandler 'Jack and Jill' HITB?
It's a genuine eye-opener of how the studio system works.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Classic Coronation Street ITV 3 at 2.50pm
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

kevin04 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:53 pm Finished After Life 2.

I thought it was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as the first series ; but compared to some of the dug meat that is out there, it was still very good and great comic moments.

The dad stole the show for me. Just brilliant acting. That first scene in Series 1 when he minds that its Tony and he drew on the wallpaper was one of the best bits of TV I've ever seen. Ray was unused in this season, but maybe that was meant with his worsening dementia.

Some of the filler bits were just a bit meh. The guy that plays Kevin in Derek/Brian in this - and the creepy/spunk/sex humour. It's funny in mild doses, but often when he was on screen I was thinking this is just killing time and it's over the top shit. Enjoyed the postie - a bit like a funnier version of Brian.

There's a lot of filler in other scenes - Lenny's girlfriend's son ; Ken was basically Bunny from Extras. All the good and gold of this involved Gervais and to a lesser extent his brother in law and Lenny. Paul Kaye playing the dickhead Councillor was funny and on point.

Gervais had some great lines in this - the transvestites not being funny in the past ; the pub scene trying to chat up the two women ; and a few others.

Nowhere near as good as Season 1, but decent enough. He picks brilliant music for a lot of the program. I was hoping for more scenes of him and the dog near the sea. The ending was a bit cliché (but won't spoil it) although great choice of final music in Sufjan.

Overall very good, but there doesn't need to be a third series.
It's fxxxxxxg shite.

Aimed at the dim.

No offence.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:44 pm
kevin04 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:53 pm Finished After Life 2.

I thought it was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as the first series ; but compared to some of the dug meat that is out there, it was still very good and great comic moments.

The dad stole the show for me. Just brilliant acting. That first scene in Series 1 when he minds that its Tony and he drew on the wallpaper was one of the best bits of TV I've ever seen. Ray was unused in this season, but maybe that was meant with his worsening dementia.

Some of the filler bits were just a bit meh. The guy that plays Kevin in Derek/Brian in this - and the creepy/spunk/sex humour. It's funny in mild doses, but often when he was on screen I was thinking this is just killing time and it's over the top shit. Enjoyed the postie - a bit like a funnier version of Brian.

There's a lot of filler in other scenes - Lenny's girlfriend's son ; Ken was basically Bunny from Extras. All the good and gold of this involved Gervais and to a lesser extent his brother in law and Lenny. Paul Kaye playing the dickhead Councillor was funny and on point.

Gervais had some great lines in this - the transvestites not being funny in the past ; the pub scene trying to chat up the two women ; and a few others.

Nowhere near as good as Season 1, but decent enough. He picks brilliant music for a lot of the program. I was hoping for more scenes of him and the dog near the sea. The ending was a bit cliché (but won't spoil it) although great choice of final music in Sufjan.

Overall very good, but there doesn't need to be a third series.
It's fxxxxxxg shite.

Aimed at the dim.

No offence.
None taken.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The Last Dance on Netflix. Brilliant.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Devs.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Deep fried masters. Season 1

Fat Americans cooking deep fried food for gay people at American fairs

It’s quite addictive watching ‘Todd’ deep fry a roll full with bacon, eggs and sausage...

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Plot Against America. Excellent counter-history in which Charles Lindeburg becomes President of the US.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Again, just going to mention Devs. Love. It. If you've ever dabbled with philosophy you'll dig. Goodtimes is Devs.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Zippy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 pm The Last Dance on Netflix. Brilliant.
Don't get all the hype around this. Watched first 2 episodes. Dull as ditchwater so given up.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Cartoons on Disney plus