Gervais does it again. He nailed it.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Gervais does it again. He nailed it.

Post by Basualdo »

Good old Ricky. :lol: 8)

Highlights of his hosting include:

"If you win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. If you win an award, come up, thank your agent and your God and fuck off."

About James Corden:
"... The world got to see James Corden as a fat pussy. He was also in the movie Cats. "

"We were going to do an In Memoriam section, but when I saw the list of people who had died this year, it wasn't diverse enough. It was mostly white people. And I thought, 'No, not on my watch.''
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

lambrini

The Golden Globes: Ricky Gervais 'nailed it'

Post by lambrini »

Last night the great and the good of the acting world quaffed champagne and ate 'plant-based' haute cuisine while virtue signalling and performing a circle-jerk. Do as we say, plebs, not what we do.
Hollywood has never been more irrelevant, arrogant and out-of-touch with reality. Hurrah for comedic truth – stone me, what a life! – and Gervais' dry British wit.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

lambrini

Re: Gervais does it again. Pisses off Hollywood at Golden Globes.

Post by lambrini »

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. Please feel free to delete mine, should you so wish...
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Gervais does it again. Pisses off Hollywood at Golden Globes.

Post by Basualdo »

lambrini wrote:Sorry, I didn't see this thread. Please feel free to delete mine, should you so wish...

I didn't see it, Lucy. Sorry. I'll merge them. :oops:
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Gervais does it again. He nailed it.

Post by Basualdo »

About his show on Netflix, Afterlife, about a man contemplating suicide after his wife's death.

"Spoiler alert. There's a season two, so in the end he didn't kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. <disgruntled murmuring from well heeled woke crowd> Shut up. I know he was your friend but I don't care. Yeah, you had to make your own way here in your own plane this time, didn't ya?! " :lol: 8)
Proud Gammon

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

How he keeps getting the gig is beyond me! Calling Marty too short for fairground rides was funny. De Niro certainly thought so.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Basualdo wrote:
About James Corden:
"... The world got to see James Corden as a fat pussy. He was also in the movie Cats. "

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Very good.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Well in a way he nailed it, but he's part of the system he is berating. So it's a bit hypocritical.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

carcinogen wrote:Well in a way he nailed it, but he's part of the system he is berating. So it's a bit hypocritical.

Isn’t that the point? He’s holding a mirror up to the business and saying, ‘fuck you, if you don’t like it stop coming/hiring me’. But they continue to come and they continue to hire him and he demands more money...and so on. He’ll turn the mirror on himself and tell you he’s a hypocrite. He has reached a level of freedom few experience.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Really good.

Apple guy's puss. :lol: Wonder if some of the jokes are even missed first time around by some of the Yanks? ''Ah do struggle wi' those London-Yokel accents ma self,''

Amazing, some Twatters are saying this is ''right wing'' comedy :lol:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I wasn't that bothered about Gervais until I saw Afterlife, which I thought was incredibly well done.
Godwin's law

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Gosport Mark wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Well in a way he nailed it, but he's part of the system he is berating. So it's a bit hypocritical.

Isn’t that the point? He’s holding a mirror up to the business and saying, ‘fuck you, if you don’t like it stop coming/hiring me’. But they continue to come and they continue to hire him and he demands more money...and so on. He’ll turn the mirror on himself and tell you he’s a hypocrite. He has reached a level of freedom few experience.

He already announced that he won't be presenting any more.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Gosport Mark wrote:

As has Carc, in a different but no less profound way.
Roy IN!!

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The reactions, tho. R O A S T E D

Moët champagne (shipped from France) on tap but don't forget muh inequality and climate change! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see