Mark Pougatch

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Holden Mcgroyne

Mark Pougatch

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Leaving 5live. Along with Inverdale and Lysaght, the binning of anyone over 50 continues apace

One of the replies is from Hugh Woozencraft who says he hopes to be working alongside him soon.
There's no poem, just prose.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Mark Pougatch

Post by Basualdo »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Leaving 5live. Along with Inverdale and Lysaght, the binning of anyone over 50 continues apace

One of the replies is from Hugh Woozencraft who says he hopes to be working alongside him soon.

Let's be honest, if TS do nab him it would be one of their few sensible appointments in their history.

Though what he'd say when he rocked up to Moose's kebab paper and burger box ridden midden of a desk, or the studio or, worse, the lavvy, after Pishtank has been in occupation remains to be seen.

Probably, "Christ onna fucking bike? ! Are Manx Radio still hiring? I think I've still got their phone number."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I like Pougy. Seems eminently likeable, docile and a decent old cove. Why don’t the Beeb extend the agist agenda to cunts like Campbell, Livesey and others who I assume are fifty or above?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

He presents the BT Sport soccer Saturday afternoon programme
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

The End

Post by The End »

Hillman avenger wrote:He presents the BT Sport soccer Saturday afternoon programme

And it is appalling
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Have poohatch and saggbaggs ever been heard together in the same room?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

There's no poem, just prose.

No longer the Bridesmaid

WHEN GAMMONS ATTACK

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:

Geezus, that's fucking bitter. What's HIS problem? I remember Stelling being the horse-racing pundit on TV-AM alongside 'Mad' Lizze and Roland Rat. Who the FUCK does he exactly think he is? Sounds like he's worried for his own job. Twat.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Mad Lizzy Cundy?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:

Geezus, that's fucking bitter. What's HIS problem? I remember Stelling being the horse-racing pundit on TV-AM alongside 'Mad' Lizze and Roland Rat. Who the FUCK does he exactly think he is? Sounds like he's worried for his own job. Twat.

Maybe he sees a talented friend or colleague get gipped by a woke behemoth and wants to say so. Jeff Stelling isn't going to want for work even if he leaves Sky, so I doubt he's that worried about his own future.

Can you imagine would TS would offer him if he became available and expressed an interest? The blood sacrifice of all of management's first born probably.

I don't do twitter (can't - don't understand it at all) so I dont know if he's particularly outspoken about anything but I do know of one interaction with him in which he acted the gent.

About 12 years ago the Irish Football Association - under immense political pressure from HMG and the Northern Ireland Office announced they would be leaving Windsor Pk and all further Northern Ireland matches would be played in a brand new purpose built 40k stadium 20 miles from Belfast in a swamp that was once the site of the famous Maze prison all paid for by the taxpayer.

While moving from Windsor Pk was (& still would be) an immensely good thing, the fact that they were going to build it out in the arse end of nowhere in a marsh which had pisspoor transport access or roads - there's a reason they put a prison there - and new transport access also had to be built all on the taxpayers dime, caused a decent kerfuffle with the football support.

Especially as hundreds of acres of land from the old Harland & Wolff shipyard was released for development around this time literally yards (pun intended) away from motorways, railway stations, dual carriageways
and Belfast City centre and all the bars shops and businesses there. The land already held a 8k capacity indoor arena and was the site for the then being built big Titanic Centre museum.

Also, as is depressingly inevitable over here, they had to tart it up a bit with ill-advised cross-community bollocks. It would also, they announced, be the stadium of big GAA games and house a memorial museum for the Hunger Strikes. This, they thought, would appease those from the green side of the divide. Also inevitably they managed to upset everyone. This went down like a bucket of cold sick.
The GAA very reasonably stated, "Hey, what the fuck?! This is news to us! We might have our own fucking plans for stadia." which indeed they did. "And anyway our stadia don't really suit" soccer" games and certainly not vice versa."
And you can imagine the polite response from the orange half to the idea of playing NI games at an IRA museum.

It was all a huge cluster fuck as usual.

Anyway cue a supporters campaign to thwart this ludicrous plan. At the centre of which was the Amalgamation of NI Supp. Clubs and the "Our Wee Country" NI football site of which I was a longstanding member.

A friend of mine who was also a keen racegoers and lives in England was involved in the campaign (as was I)
He was at a meeting and had a banner that said, "No to the Maze" that he planned to drape over the rails or something during the racing in the hope that the TV cameras might catch it and get some publicity - not sure how, but at least he was trying.

He had parked his car and was getting his wee banner out of the boot when Jeff Stelling pulled up and parked. On recognising Jeff he went over to get a pic with him. Jeff, ever the gent, was happy to oblige. Millsy then asked Jeff if he would pose for a pic with the flag. Jeff asked to see the flag. Millsy got it and handed it to him. Jeff read the "No to the Maze" and not seeing anything too obviously controversial, asked what it was about. Millsy told him and said Jeff looked at the flag again and asked, "Will this get me in trouble?" Millsy replied, "I don't think so but maybe." To which Jeff said, "Aw fuck it, take the picture anyway!"

The picture of a beaming Jeff proudly holding a "No to the Maze" banner was prominently displayed on the OWC website.

Jesus, that post got away from me.

TL/DR: Jeff Stelling. Good lad.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.