Netflix and Amazon during outbreak of COVID-19

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Petingo

Re: Netflix and Amazon during outbreak of COVID-19

Post by Petingo »

kancutlawns wrote:Any recommended viewing?

What kind of TV programmes are you into, Mr. L?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

On a similar note, and not sure if I should have started a new thread for this, - but has anyone got any favourite pure escapist youtube channels that may be worth sharing?
I'm struggling to avoid cabin fever already, and I'm painfully aware we are only at the very beginning.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Roy Twing wrote:On a similar note, and not sure if I should have started a new thread for this, - but has anyone got any favourite pure escapist youtube channels that may be worth sharing?
I'm struggling to avoid cabin fever already, and I'm painfully aware we are only at the very beginning.

What are you into?

Movies, TV or nerdy culture?
Red Letter Media: It's genuinely funny, especially their Best of the Worst series were they watch 3 really bad movies to se which one is the worst of the three (sometimes its just random videos, not even movies) and then rip the shit out of them, usually while getting drunker as they go along.

Nerdrotic: Great takes on TV, movies and comics if you're into them too.

Critical Drinker: A Scottish novelist reviews movies and TV shows using the guise of a slightly drunk cynic. Often really funny and on the nose too.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Basualdo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:On a similar note, and not sure if I should have started a new thread for this, - but has anyone got any favourite pure escapist youtube channels that may be worth sharing?

What are you into?

Red Letter Media: It's genuinely funny, especially their Best of the Worst series were they watch 3 really bad movies to se which one is the worst of the three (sometimes its just random videos, not even movies) and then rip the shit out of them, usually while getting drunker as they go along.

Critical Drinker: A Scottish novelist reviews movies and TV shows using the guise of a slightly drunk cynic. Often really funny and on the nose too.

I guess I veer toward the nerdy, but I think anything that's simply entertaining - maybe what I'm thinking is to try to find the best of particular genres.
I was going to add a few of my own current 'watches' and they include nerdrotic & critical drinker (the latter being particularly enjoyable) - as you say, they both hit the spot.
I've not seen red letter media - will give it a look.
A few more of mine:
Being from an engineering background, I also enjoy some channels that simply take rusty old scrapped items such as a padlock or bench grinder and bring them back to (better than) pristine condition - one of the best is 'My Mechanics' - sounds boring, and probably will be to most, but some will appreciate the skill.
Another one of my 'go to' channels is one I just happened upon - The Endless Adventure - which sees a young american couple, who, a few years ago decided to travel the world, taking in the local sights and foods as recommended by their subscribers. It's another one that seems unlikely to be entertaining in the description, but I enjoy it - particularly the early ones centred on britain.
I also have a few political ones that I watch, but I won't put those on the list.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Disney Plus launched in the UK today, I've got it - lovely content from star wars to snow white. They have Nat Geo at well.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Vespa wrote:Disney Plus launched in the UK today, I've got it - lovely content from star wars to snow white. They have Nat Geo at well.

Thanks forgot about this, just found the app on our LGTV, loaded it in and took the subscription. Heaps of content for £60 a year.
Godwin's law

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Vespa wrote:Disney Plus launched in the UK today, I've got it - lovely content from star wars to snow white. They have Nat Geo at well.

Thanks forgot about this, just found the app on our LGTV, loaded it in and took the subscription. Heaps of content for £60 a year.

We got the £49 deal, but £60 is a bargain.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roy Twing wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

What are you into?

I guess I veer toward the nerdy, but I think anything that's simply entertaining - maybe what I'm thinking is to try to find the best of particular genres.
I was going to add a few of my own current 'watches' and they include nerdrotic & critical drinker (the latter being particularly enjoyable) - as you say, they both hit the spot.
A few more of mine:
Being from an engineering background, I also enjoy some channels that simply take rusty old scrapped items such as a padlock or bench grinder and bring them back to (better than) pristine condition - one of the best is 'My Mechanics' - sounds boring, and probably will be to most, but some will appreciate the skill.
Another one of my 'go to' channels is one I just happened upon - The Endless Adventure - which sees a young american couple, who, a few years ago decided to travel the world, taking in the local sights and foods as recommended by their subscribers. It's another one that seems unlikely to be entertaining in the description, but I enjoy it - particularly the early ones centred on britain.
I also have a few political ones that I watch, but I won't put those on the list.

Gentleman's Gazette is very amusing, Roy, with old Sven. Not that one though: https://www.youtube.com/user/thegentlemansgazette
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Carlos J wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

What are you into?

A few more of mine:

Gentleman's Gazette is very amusing, Roy, with old Sven. Not that one though: https://www.youtube.com/user/thegentlemansgazette

Definitely an off the wall one that, carlos, but looks good harmless escapism.
Not sure when I'll ever get to try out my newly-acquired social skills though :(
E & OE

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

You can watch some films for free on YouTube.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Tiger King on Netflix
A joyless arsehole.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Paul Joseph Watson has interesting channel . Brave Dave has an interesting walking/hiking channel
Man U and rangers

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

theleader82 wrote:

Paul Joseph Watson has interesting channel . Brave Dave has an interesting walking/hiking channel

As interesting as Paul Joseph Watson's channel is, it's not exactly escapist, especially now.

I might check out that other one myself though. Not that I get any hiking done with my dicky knee, but I do like the idea.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Basualdo wrote:
theleader82 wrote:

As interesting as Paul Joseph Watson's channel is, it's not exactly escapist, especially now.

I might check out that other one myself though. Not that I get any hiking done with my dicky knee, but I do like the idea.

I watch Watson now and then - he's a bit of a hard slog sometimes.
Hiking's my activity of choice so I'll take a look the walking channel.
Although I'm not sure a 5 hour trek is allowed under the 'exercise' allowance under our martial law.
E & OE

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Vespa wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:

We got the £49 deal, but £60 is a bargain.

Just had a really good look around Disney+ channel and there some excellent content which is no surprise with Disney.

Looks like the two episodes of The Mandalorian will be top of my agenda.
Godwin's law