A definitive list of ex-sportspeople getting media work for being 'characters' without any talent for such positions

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: A definitive list of ex-sportspeople getting media work for being 'characters' without any talent for such positions

Post by Carlos J »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:08 am Has anyone nentioned our old favourite, Ronald O Irani O?
Sid did a few posts up, ol' Pet. ;)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Re: A definitive list of ex-sportspeople getting media work for being 'characters' without any talent for such positions

Post by carcinogen »

The two cunts on 'Question of Sport'. Quite how that programme has survived at the BBC when other shows with more merit have been canned I have no clue. Is Sue Barker shagging an exec producer or something?

Matt someone, he's a rugby player and the 'hilarious' Phil 'wifebeater' Tuffnell. Fuck sake, I cannot stand Tuffnell. An absolute muppet-cunt of the very highest order. I am willing to bet he has some very dark days.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Freddie Flintoff.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:03 am Have you noticed how "character", in this context, always means "unpleasant character"?

One of the highlights of my telly viewing pleasure was Jimmy Fucking Bullard getting voted off first on Celebs In The Jungle. All the cunts at tS assumed he'd win the thing, besotted as they are by any ex-pro. Fuck me, though ... what a loathsome despicable toad.
He was called up to the England squad by Capello and, as a gesture of gratitude, decided to team up with another player to scream "POSTMAN PAT!!" in his face.

I mean, the national team actually chose players like this.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:08 am Big Bab Bubka.

I hate that twat.
Is he an ex sportsman?? 😳😳

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:06 am Soccer Saturday is full of the buggers.

Phil Thompson.

Paul Merson.

Kammy

Tommos good value.
And Kammys funny as fuck to be fair to him.

Merson is a useless fucking cunt though.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am Kammys funny as fuck to be fair to him.
A disingenuous wanker though ... Working for betting companies and banging-on about all his charity work. I hate that kind of two-faced rhetoric.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:56 am

I hate that twat.
Sumo
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Is laugh-a-minute Lee Dixon still doing a gig ? He has a personality that could send a brick to sleep.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I’d like to see a system of violent punishments meted out to inarticulate ex-football cunts using the phrase “to be fair”. Watching the Cardiff-Leeds match, it was just used three times in the space of about 15 seconds.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:13 am The two cunts on 'Question of Sport'.
Matt someone, he's a rugby player and the 'hilarious' Phil 'wifebeater' Tuffnell.
It'd help if you knew their names. It might add a big of substance to your dribbling vitriol.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

I hate that twat.

Is he not a former pro golfer?

I thought he was.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:14 pm

I hate that twat.

Is he not a former pro golfer?

I thought he was.
Always been a broadcaster according to a quick google

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Not a bad pole-vaulter for a man of his age.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:41 pm Not a bad pole-vaulter for a man of his age.
Sergei's his second cousin. I think: https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/wh ... nd-cousin/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?